isn't it strange? changing tastes

Elle-Emm

Gold Member
Well after 20 weeks on LT and a few attempts of it, I am now enjoying black tea! Most odd, have to have it extremely weak but it's going down a treat.

It didn't take long to get into black coffee but black tea i really struggled with and was something i missed a lot (especially at TOTM!) - a big mug of milky tea is like a hug, i always think :)

going to be weird having it with milk again, in fact :eek:

anyone else noticed changing tastes, whether on LT or once started refeeding?

Hi Elle

Funnily enough I HATED black coffee....I always liked milk with my coffee, albiet skimmed, but it just tasted so much nicer. I tried black coffee and it made me feel sick; it just felt so bitter! Now, I can have it, although I dont have many these days.

I tried black tea and didnt like it, maybe I should try it again....as like you, I know my taste buds have changed as I used to love the Strawberry shake but now I find it incredibly sweet.

It will be strange having milk again, but I must admit I look forward to it, as I always looked forward to my mug of coffee when I got into work!

yep!!!!! i never used to like spicy things too hot or pepper - now i love it!! i used to drown all my food in vinegar, now i just dont need it - and if i do i will only have a tiny drop - also lemons, never really used to like lemony stuff now :drool:

its weird how our taste buds change, but i can only imagine its for the best :)

Snap, milky tea and milky coffee are/were (!) lovely and comforting.

I found the plain vanilla shake too sweet for ages and rarely have it without espresso powder, but now i find it like white chocolate and ok for a rare occasion.

I can't imagine choosing to have black tea or coffee once i finish LT. but equally think i'll be hyper aware of all the calories in those gorgeous (very very rare, i might add!) caramel lattes from coffee shops ;)

Agreed Tanya, i'm sure it's for the best :)
I'm really hoping my tastebuds will be yearning for some fish - it always seems a healthy option but it's the smell i still can't stand. Will be trying it anyway on refeed which feels closer and closer!!

oh you'll love it!!! have you seen this about calories in coffees from shops .... BBC NEWS | Health | Iced coffees 'a meal in a drink'

im shocked!!! i dont drink coffee but am still shocked at the highest for a coffee bought from a shop being over 500calories!!!! :eek:

I heard about that but hadn't read the article. as i say, i rarely have them out (expense + calories!!) but they are yummy for an occasional treat. Some people buy a coffee every day... madness!

shop-bought sandwiches/salads are also terrible for being incredibly calorific (and again, expensive!)

I've been re-feeding for 2wks now and have yet to have milk in my tea again! I've been converted!! LOL!

oh no! i can't imagine not wanting milk... but it's very interesting to hear you say that.

i wanted big changes with this diet so i should really embrace them :)

And the smell of chinese food actually makes me feel queasy? Like everythings coated in grease?
I still love chocolate though...need to address that... LOL!

hmmm, not had that yet still smells good to me! as does bacon...

Ohhh...now thats a different story...:p

I've also lost my potato cravings? For an Irish lass thats no mean feat?

And biscuits, I have no desire for them either, but what do I have with my cup of tea now though....hmm.....:confused:

I must confess to my guilty secret stash now you've mentioned biscuits...

All these weeks when I've been staying in hotels for work 3/4 nights a week i now have a big carrier bag filled with hotel biscuits and hot chocolate sachets!!! i never eat them but i can't help bringing them home with me, lol. Will check the best before dates and give them to friends i think.

My taste buds were very different when I started my re-feed, I was craving healthly food especially salad which is something I rarely eat before. I found I still lost weight on the re-feed and on maintenance until I introduced alcohol again and that is where the weight crept back (especially holidays/meals out).

Jo x

Snap, milky tea and milky coffee are/were (!) lovely and comforting.

I found the plain vanilla shake too sweet for ages and rarely have it without espresso powder, but now i find it like white chocolate and ok for a rare occasion.

I can't imagine choosing to have black tea or coffee once i finish LT. but equally think i'll be hyper aware of all the calories in those gorgeous (very very rare, i might add!) caramel lattes from coffee shops ;)

About the Lattes, etc..there was an article in the paper today about them! Some of them are about 600 calories!! Oh my word...thankfully I have never liked them as always found them too sweet - phew!!

Agreed Tanya, i'm sure it's for the best :)
I'm really hoping my tastebuds will be yearning for some fish - it always seems a healthy option but it's the smell i still can't stand. Will be trying it anyway on refeed which feels closer and closer!!

Elle, no word of a lie....I have always hated, loathed even fish. My mum (many years ago) used to shop in this fish shop and I would hold my nose the whole time in the shop, or I just wouldnt go in..hated it..oh, disgusting.

Well, just a few months before LT I started to eat more fish, and was eating fish probably 4-5 times a week! Honestly....I now crave fish, cant wait to have lots of fish and that is what I will have most days whilst on holiday.

Dont like seafood, but have decided I am going to try prawns, etc.....

So, I tell you this, as you never know, you may start to like it once you start eating again!! Stranger things have happend.

Have some organic salmon...it is so different to normal salmon....it is milder :)

Back