Tastebuds are changing.

See, for me, I have never lost the taste for 'naughty' food. I don't have a massively sweet tooth anyway, can take or leave chocolate but I'll definitely take it if its there! The week before last, my mother in law brought us our Easter eggs( we don't see her often because we don't live near) and I ate a whole thorntons egg, along with 8 or so chocolates that came with it....and then I have the cheek to say I don't eat chocolate! I love fat! Yes I love crispy chicken skin, fat on meat, greasy chips and crisps....love, love love crackling on pork and greasy batter...the list goes on. In 25 years of 'doing' SW, I have never lost the tastes for those type of foods! Don't get me wrong....I am lucky in that I love healthy foods as well but the bad stuff always seems to outweigh the good and means I am constantly chasing my tail trying to lose a few pounds!!

You know, I'm exactly the same! I'm addicted to food though, I can't stay away from 'bad' foods! Sometimes i resist, and sometimes I don't, it tastes just as good now.. As it did before slimming world. It makes for a very difficult time when it's just me trying to be healthier and everyone else is enjoying their kebab or something. I've always been one to.. Have a little taste so I'm not missing out but it leads to late night sneaking downstairs to eat leftovers. I'm terrible but I'm sure takeaway tastes better the day after. Lol, I can't be blamed. Lol still some days I'd rather eat a salad or a jacket spud. It will be a long journey but at least it know where I'm going wrong. X

I think most people probably don't completely lose the taste for sugary/fatty things, because if they did, there wouldn't be any yoyo dieting! We would all lose weight and keep it off with no problem.

I think most people probably don't completely lose the taste for sugary/fatty things, because if they did, there wouldn't be any yoyo dieting! We would all lose weight and keep it off with no problem.

Exactly that!!!
I think its something like 98% of dieters regain the weight they lose.....sadly! I know I have over and over for many years!!

fatty or greasy food tastes very off to me now. I "treated" myself to a mini-yorkshire pudding with my roast on the weekend and i couldn't stomach it it just tasted of fat. Stuff like Kebab Meat and Chips/Cheese leave me feeling ill afterwards as my stomach isn't used to dealing with them anymore.

This is a strange one for me. Like a lot of you I can't stand greasy food anymore and even when off plan my meals stay very healthy. However, I haven't lost my sweet tooth and when off plan I binge on chocolate and eat far, far more than I ever would have pre slimming world.

Back