isn't restarting hard!?

time2go

Gold Member
Who is all restarting and finding a bit more difficult than actually starting. Any hints, tips or ideas x

time2go said:
Who is all restarting and finding a bit more difficult than actually starting. Any hints, tips or ideas x

It's all about distraction find other things to do, DVD, bath, paint your nails etc

it is so hard.. I've had so many false re-starts since may of 2011 I'm hoping this one isn't it..
thank goodness for ps3.. keeps me occupided for a coupls of hours at a time..

I find restarting sooooo much harder than the first time you do it. I'm being really strict with myself and just having packs and water, no coke zero or sweetener and I'm finding this restart easier than my many faffing attempts later last year!

First time on LL I was absinant for 6 months with no cheating, have struggled to do it completely since then. I have now done 1 week, but have made slight alterations like having 2 cups of tea with a dash of milk a day. This has helped me. Being in the right head space is so important! But yes, agreed its much harder restarting.

This is my billionth restart! I'm actually finding it easy this time for some reason, I usually struggle and fall off the wagon and need to start again.

I think this time it's because I have stayed away from certain people who always offer me food.
Oh and because I've become pretty much a hermit and just stay in watching dvd's, no temptation when I dont leave my house!!

Glad its not jus me! Paid off though didn't it blue butterfly! 13lbs in a week. I feel like I have completely wasted this week :-/ well coulda had 10lbs. Oh well, gonna blast this week and hope I get a good result. Good luck to all the re starts x

Time2go I was going to start exactly the same thread.... was supposed to restart 100% TS on Thursday and have only had one successful day so far! Today I really wanted to cheat so have decided to have WS-style dinner, the thought of which is keeping me on track (and kept me out of the fast food places when I was out shopping earlier!)
So I don't have any hints or tips cos I'm finding it soo hard, but am hoping a mix of TS and WS (and NO totally off the wagon days) will see the scales moving in the right direction
LED xx

...............................I agree with all of the above. After faffing about with may half hearted restarts last year I think I am finally on the right track again. However, I am off to bed now as I am feeling soooooooooooooooo hungry.:4635:

Well today was sauce"6' but actually only my first 100% day. Dunno what happened... Even exercised! Something jus seemed to happen, I really don't know what... Determined not to lose it though!!! Good luck to everyone xxx

Well today was day "6' but actually only my first 100% day. Dunno what happened... Even exercised! Something jus seemed to happen, I really don't know what... Determined not to lose it though!!! Good luck to everyone xxx

to restart, your head needs to be in the right place

I restarted last week, and it was hard the first week if I'm honest, I was really grumpy and had a headache for about two days, but now I'm fine, I did have some meat to eat a couple of times instead of the shakes as that won't kick me out of ketosis and it made the first week go by a bit easier. I have decided to stop weighing myself though and i'm going to stop dieting when I can see my ribs, I find that its disheartening when you weigh yourself and lost nothing. Anyway good luck everyone!! See you all on the beach in your new swimsuits in the summer!!

Another restarter here after many many attempts last year, so here goes I am really determind this time as I want to look good in the summer for our hols. I have waited until New Year is over and have now done away with all temptations and have everything in I will need for the first few weeks so now I just have to get on with it.. Hopefully we can all restart together and keep each other going, well fingers crossed Linda

Asyd_burnz said:
I restarted last week, and it was hard the first week if I'm honest, I was really grumpy and had a headache for about two days, but now I'm fine, I did have some meat to eat a couple of times instead of the shakes as that won't kick me out of ketosis and it made the first week go by a bit easier. I have decided to stop weighing myself though and i'm going to stop dieting when I can see my ribs, I find that its disheartening when you weigh yourself and lost nothing. Anyway good luck everyone!! See you all on the beach in your new swimsuits in the summer!!

I bet your gunna be a sexy young man with a washboard stomach! Will surely help of you ever wanted to take up something like Cossack dancing as that would be tough on the old belly.

I bet it helps to have supportive colleagues too!

Last edited:
Hi, I did 4 weeks of a mixture of TS and WS but had a slight meltdown week 5 so am getting back on the wagon tomorrow. Going to try for another 4 weeks on TS then go to WS after that. Any helpful tips most welcome.

Back