Ist Wiegh in.. woop woop!

catfish

Hi All, well i managed to stick to SS for a whole week, got weighed last night and have lost 6lbs... Wow, i am SO happy.

Now for the Euugh bit..
however, i did have the Worst constipation and the worst "event" trying to go to the loo. i have only been once in the week and it really hurt. i have been taking the fibre with my shakes and have been swimming in water so i dont know what else i can do other than laxatives, which i dont really want to do, but hey needs must coz that event was the most horrible thing, and i really dont want to go through that again.
any help welcomed!!
linda XX

Cheers Felix, i am feeling really good, although i did have a day off plan yesterday, family day out at xmas markets and did eat a little, but, back on plan today doing 810 now so that xmas doesnt become too difficult. xx

Well done - thats a great start. There is a complete thread(fairly recent) on the constipation issue - lots of useful ideas there.

Well done on the loss.

As for the constipation it's due to the fact that our gut motility has slowed down as well as the lack of fibre. Try increasing your fibre intake (by 50% and then 100%) and also take a stool softener to help passing it easier (anal tears and piles are not fun as we all know). Once a week is OK if that's what becomes normal for you on CD - but you need to make it a more comfortable experience. However you need to be careful you don't get impacted so if it feels like you need to go but just can't then use the laxative (an occasional basis is OK).

Thanks for that ladies, its such a nightmare side effect to an otherwise fabby weight loss programme!
Linda X

Well done on your loss. :)

I used to take senakot for my constipation.

Back