It all starts here...

This is my first ever VLCD and I'm starting tomorrow and going to need loads of support. I'm absolutely terrified - because if this doesn't work then what will?

Good luck I started last Wednesday and I'm really liking it so far the first couple of days where the hardest but after that it's got easier and I'm really focused as I'm only ever starting this and doing it once :)

Welcome and Good Luck.

I'll be re-starting tomorrow too, I had toast today :-( feel awful

This will work but you've got to make it work, willpower, walking and water, nothing else!!

Welcome along, you're going to need to change your user name though sweetie :)

Bigfatmess said:
This is my first ever VLCD and I'm starting tomorrow and going to need loads of support. I'm absolutely terrified - because if this doesn't work then what will?

Good luck-it's amazing. Please do one thing to help yourself tho-change your user name to something more positive :)

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks all, my username reflects how I feel right now, hopefully in time I'll feel able to change it. I had my first bar this morning (chocolate truffa) and was pleasantly surprised how tasty and filling it was. I've drank a pint of water so far and realised just how minging our tap water is. What are the water flavourings like?

"....and realised just how minging our tap water is. What are the water flavourings like?"

I know all about minging tap water!! Can you buy a water filter jug and use that? You can get them from most supermarkets or online..... I live in a very hard water area and apart from almost instant limescale deposits in the kettle, the water tasted really foul for years. The water filter sorted out both problems. Then Anglia Water recently did a flush of the water system round here, and the effect was amazing - I can drink tap water without filtering, even after I've left a glassful next to my bed all night. Still need to use the filter for the limescale problem in the kettle though!

I actually like drinking plain water now, so can't help with the flavourings, sorry.

Best of luck on your journey :)

The water round here is horrid too (london!) i've been buying bottles of sparkling water from the supermarket - much nicer, and i still get the bubbles I'm used to (i love my fizzy drinks!) at 17p a 2l bottle it's nothing! Plus helps to make sure i drink enough - i make sure i go through at least 1 bottle a day. :)

Avon Rachel said:
The water round here is horrid too (london!) i've been buying bottles of sparkling water from the supermarket - much nicer, and i still get the bubbles I'm used to (i love my fizzy drinks!) at 17p a 2l bottle it's nothing! Plus helps to make sure i drink enough - i make sure i go through at least 1 bottle a day. :)

I know this sounds stupid but has sparkling water not got citric acid in it?
I'm only asking because I went to pick up a strawberry water the other day and it had it in that too! I was like Whaaaaaaaat ! Gotta be kidding me lol

x

We're allowed Tesco own brand strawberry flavoured water also there's a lot of choice allowed from Sainsbury's x x

Lauratheloop said:
I know this sounds stupid but has sparkling water not got citric acid in it?
I'm only asking because I went to pick up a strawberry water the other day and it had it in that too! I was like Whaaaaaaaat ! Gotta be kidding me lol

x

Plain sparkling water hasn't-it's only flavoured sparkling water you need to check x

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Helloooooo,

Well, this is also my first vlcd ever, today was my first day and other than feeling a little light headed and going to the loo more than I did when I was pregnant (which was a lot) Lolita not took bad,

Ive had spag Bol for my dinner and a huge mug of tea, and feel full :)

I hope this works for us all!!! Im a bit niece when it comes to the things you can do with these meals, like the idea of some of the things I've read, I just have to get my head around how to do it lol

Good luck everyone! I'm sure we can all do it with each others support. Nina xx

sparkling water is just water and carbon dioxide. :) Check labels - the things you are looking for is diet and no citric acid. There isn't a lot but enough to help get through it. :)

scouse mouse what drinks are we allowed from sainsburys only saw sainsburys zero

The drinks listed below are currently suitable to have on Slim & Save diet. However, when purchasing branded products please ensure the ingredents do not contain citric acid:-

Tea
Coffee
Coke Zero
Asda Diet Coke
Dr Pepper Zero
Bouillon
Green Tea
Peppermint Tea
Tescos own Strawberry Water
Asda Cola Zero Sainsbury's Flavoured Still Water (Raspberry & Cranberry, Peach, Apple & Blackberry)
Sainsbury's Diet Cola
Sainsbury's Classic Diet Cola
Sainsbury's Classic Zero

there you go Betty hope you find a favourite amongst that lot x x

The drinks listed below are currently suitable to have on Slim & Save diet. However, when purchasing branded products please ensure the ingredents do not contain citric acid:-

Tea
Coffee
Coke Zero
Asda Diet Coke
Dr Pepper Zero
Bouillon
Green Tea
Peppermint Tea
Tescos own Strawberry Water
Asda Cola Zero Sainsbury's Flavoured Still Water (Raspberry & Cranberry, Peach, Apple & Blackberry)
Sainsbury's Diet Cola
Sainsbury's Classic Diet Cola
Sainsbury's Classic Zero

there you go Betty hope you find a favourite amongst that lot x x

Thanks a lot scouse mouse

Hey missy! How r u finding your first week? This is my first VLCD too!xx

Hi guys,
I'm coming to the end of day 1 of slim and save. I found it ok although I have been hungry at times. I've been chewing wrigleys extra chewing gum - is this okay?
Do any of you know roughly how much you expect to lose in week 1?
I'm hoping to last one week which will give me a boost and then to lose the remainder myself.
Good luck to you all x

If u can stick out the first 2-3 days then will be able to do the full week surely :). Most people have fantastic weightloss in their first week so use that as a bit of motivation :). Good luck pet xx

Hi this my first day too....I plan on doing Slim and Save for 3 months (scary)!!!! My doc recommended this but finding it hard so far...I like the strawberry and vanilla shakes and trufa bar but hate the chicken soup and macaroni...any tips on how to survive it, I have more than 100lbs to lose :(

Back