It so could have been disasterous!

x-Katie-x

Gold Member
I went to work in a different office today (one that I go to usually about once every couple of weeks) - they'd had a couple of birthdays last week so yesterday they had a Jacobs Join (where everyone brings in food, making a large buffet).

Anyway I toddled off there today knowing and being happy that I'd missed yesterdays 'do', only to find when I got there that there was tons of food left and I really do mean loads - and of course it was all lovely stuff; meat, salads, scotch eggs (one of my all time faves), home made indian appetisers, cakes upon cakes upon cakes - yep the lot.

The desks are set into sets of 4 so I had sat where I normally sit .... and where did they go and lay out all this food? Yep you've guessed it - on the desks next to, and diagonally to mine! Just typical really isn't it?

Anyway I ignored it (even when they were all queuing around lunchtime, while they discussed how good it was) - when people kept on asking me did I want some and why wasn't I having any etc, I just said to them that I was going out for a meal straight after work and didn't want to ruin that --- and I have got to admit I really was pretty happy with myself.

Now I've forgot to mention that they always run a tuck shop in this office, crisps, chocolate, pop etc --- and just to make the day better my friend went and bought herself a packet of Rolo's then opened them and come and stood right next to me and had them in her hand literally inches from my face and I just turned it down when she offered me one ------ all I can say is it was a good job she didn't offer me her last one as then I would have had to take it!!!

Well done for resisting everything. :happy096:

Thanks everyone - it felt good ---- wouldn't believe though how breadsticks and houmous can actually talk to you ;)

Thanks for dropping by Irene - it's really good to be back - love the photos of your grandsons, they're gorgeous. Hope you're well xx

Hey there you, seriously good effort!!! I find food ever so chatty it's always prattling away to me!

x

Hi Georgie, hope you're well - still looking bloody gorgeous xx

Yep that food can't half go on when it wants - when I see the breadsticks dance though I'll go find a doctor ;)

omg your brillant that must have been so hard well done for resisting:D

well done you, did you feel better for not eating it?????

Back