Italian meal

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - ProPoints Queries' started by grandmachris, 22 May 2011 Social URL.

1. grandmachris

grandmachris Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.18%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    :jelous: Can anyone help me please. im going on a girlie weekend and its only my second wek at ww. im finding the diet great but im a bit worried about the weekend. We're booked for an italian meal and i havent a clue about the points i'll be eating. I will be having Pesto Pollo (chicken breast, roasted veg,tomatoes served with pesto sauce.) It sounds very high in pro points but im a bit of a fussy eater, ive had this before i was dieting and enjoyed it. Any help please. xxxxxxx:wave_cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. happyhealthy

happyhealthy Omnomnomnom

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(37.36%)
    Diet:
    Good ol' Calorie Counting and a little bit of happiness :)
    Which Italian are you going to be eating at? Sometimes if it's a chain restaurant they put the nutritional information of the menu items on their website, to which you can calculate the pro points accurately.

4. Cazzabelle

Cazzabelle Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    ask for the pesto sauce on the side so you can control how much you have. That sounds like a healthy option.

I had a girly night out last Friday at an italian place.

I had breaded mozzarella in tomatow sauce, Spinach pasta oin tomato sauce with prawns and brocoli, Poached pears with ice cream, cream and chocolate sauce. A few olives and a calypso coffee. plus a G&T. ( I started out with good intentions but couldnt resist when I got there)

And I lost 4lbs come weigh in day on Thursday which brought me to my 1st stone lost. I made up my mind that that night out cost me my weeklies and stuck to the plan for the rest of week.

Imagine 6 pp for the chicken. Checked on the WW planner and 30g of pesto sauce is 5PP

5. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    well done for picking a relatively healthy option. All you can do is estimate based on what you know... if you want to count cazzabella seems to be on a good ball point figure.

If I have a night out planned and know I won't have a huge amount of control I would sometimes write off my weeklies entirely and just eat the meal and enjoy it. I have a carvery coming up in a months time (a big family do I can't avoid or feign sickness from :p) so I'll be writing off my weeklies for it :)

If it does end up going wrong, just don't worry about it. One day of bad eating is really insignificant when you make sure the other 6 are really good days! x

6. lilacwine

lilacwine Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Totally agree with the others - I wouldn't worry about trying to point everything for that meal. Just write off your weeklies and stick to the plan on the other days. I would always rather have what I want on a meal out (within reason!) and not feel that I have eaten something I don't really enjoy and yet I've paid good money for it. Hope you have a great time.

7. grandmachris

grandmachris Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.18%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Tavistock is name of italian not sure if its a chain.
    Thanks to everyone for your help. I'll save my weekly points but they were for my drinks lol. I dont want to make you all jealous but im going to see Take That in concert after the meal so i'll just have to dance the calories off. Thanks x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.