It's a success when you inspire others...

Glowworm

I still don't feel like a "success". I still feel like I have weight to loose. 10 more lbs and I'll nolonger be "obese". Thats my goal... BUT

I am a success story! I've lost over 100 lbs. (120 lbs from my highest weight, 109 lbs since my divorce)

Its a different world. I went to a bar the other night and had ladies hitting on ME. Thats not something I've experienced since probably highschool.

It wasn't that which made me realize I was a success however- it was when I started inspiring others. When my parents lost 30 lbs together because "they saw me do it and wanted to be healthier". When my sister succeeded in running a marathon, when she started training "because your getting in such good shape it makes me want to too!". When my friends have begun telling me "Your looking so good now that you've made me want to get in better shape"- and then working WITH them to set up plans that have actually worked. When my successes and concerns about workplace food options led to a new company "weight loss" program which netted atleast 100 lbs total.

I know many of you have lost more than me- whats 120 lbs?

But I've lost much more than 120 lbs. I'd put the estimate closer to 325 lbs. It may not have all been my weight, but if I can be an inspiration to those around me to lead healthier lives, then I can finally feel like me leading a healthier life has been successful.

Fortunately for me it's also motivated me to assure I stay on it and lose the final few lbs...

Cheers!

Congrats for your loss and also for inspire your loved ones :)

Don't let the divorce damage your amazing weight loss. Stay strong, you did great journey so far ;)

wow...just wow :)

Congrats on your loss :D
xx

Back