Its about time!

Eldorai

I lovely people, just looking through all your stories and feel happy and motivated!

I am a mum of 3 (two teenagers and a 16 month old). I sort of lost my pregnancy weight from my middle son and hovered around the 13 stone mark for years having reached 20st. Having my youngest has now seem my weight rocket again, i think I am about 19st but i'm holding off weighing myself till my packs arrive in a few days.

I'm so ready for this! I am starting my final year at Uni in October and would love to start that semester a slimmer happier me.

Onwards and upwards :)

So here it is my first day! I weighed myself this morning and I am exactly 18 stone, thats 4 stone put on since my pregnancy 16 months ago. If that doesn't motivate me then nothing will.....

Day one and the headaches have started :( I guess its sugar withdrawal as I have been pretty addicted the last few years! I need to go shopping but have decided to send my daughter down with a list my will power is very fragile and my shopping habits were not good. Not having a full nights sleep for god knows how long has seen me 'rewarding' myself and stopping my tiredness with cold coffee's and donuts-silly really because it probably made things worse. I'm looking forward to ketosis when I will feel less sluggish!

Well I have busied myself by writing a shopping list (for the family food shop), no extra's, a written down menu for the week and i'm sticking to it. I've also cleared and cleaned the fridge and two food cupboards. My god there was some crap in there-no wonder i'm fat!! Felt good to get rid of half opened jars of olives, half opened jars of fruit coulis and all those things that are not needed. Also managed to fill a box for the local food bank so all good :)

So I got through yesterday, it was not easy! I got to about 8 o'clock in the evening and I was so bloody hungry and I know that is one of my trigger times (I learnt to recognise loads of food triggers yesterday!). I was wrestling internally the pro's and con's etc so in the end I had an extra bar (the peanut butter one). I figured if I couldn't get through day one without caving in I wouldn't get through the whole journey. If I feel tempted again I'm not going to beat myself up about having an extra bar-better that than raid the fridge.

Woke up this morning feeling pretty good so far. Half the peanut butter bar for breakfast-think this one will be my fav.

Shopping trip (again) today to pick up a few bits that my eldest couldnt (or wouldnt!) carry yesterday. I counteract the 'reward' thing I am going to buy a new shower gel-a nice one-just for me lol

Morning, and welcome.
Sounds like you have made a great start :)

I am just restarting after my holiday, lost 4 stone before it and need to get back on track

Morning :) Hope you had a nice holiday, and wow 50lb so far thats great! I took a sneaky look at the scales this morning and so far I have pee'd out 7lb ha! Feeling good this morning (if a little tired from a little man that doesn't sleep through the night yet!) :)

Soooo today. Hmmph. STRESSED is the word that applies to me today! Little one is so hot and teething, even with a fan in our room its taken two attempts to get him to sleep for his morning nap. He is grizzly, i am hot and what did i do? I went to the fridge and shoved two large mushrooms in the microwave with a flipping nob of butter and ate them!

I have to realise though that for me to be realistic in this i'm going to have days like this and as long as I turn to 'good' food not bad food I will get through it. I'm no stranger to the Atkins diet but it is bloody expensive so this way is working for me. Can't stomach the shakes today so those mushrooms will be in place of.

Bring on Autumn!

day 4! Woke up this morning and not hungry at all! I've had a coffee and don't really feel like anything else so i'm just going to go with it. Don't know what it is about the shakes and hot weather but the thought of drinking one right now makes me feel bleugh! I did step on the scales this morning (again) I know I shouldn't but its keeping me on track and 8lb gone. Whoooooo! I know its just water at this stage but it still feels good :)

Morning :) Hope you had a nice holiday, and wow 50lb so far thats great! I took a sneaky look at the scales this morning and so far I have pee'd out 7lb ha! Feeling good this morning (if a little tired from a little man that doesn't sleep through the night yet!) :)

Thankyou!
The first week is always a great boost!
I am a self-confessed daily weigher, has its bonuses but also some MAJOR downfalls so I don't recommend it!

Hehe yeah its not good! I think I shall concentrate more on tape measure results see if I can shift the obsession lol. How are you getting on? I'm eating the chocolate cookie and its like chewing a breeze block lol.

oh I couldn't stand the chocolate cookie - I had such high hopes for it and was so disappointed!

Well yesterday was a busy day I didn't even think much about being on this diet-unlike the first 3 days when i thought of nothing else! I hope every day is like yesterday :D

Glad it is getting easier.
I find most of the time I don't think about it but then have the odd day where it is ALL I think about...those days pass quickly :)

So today is weigh in day and i step on the scales and.........its reads LO Arghh! I wish LO stood for 'lithe one' but unfortunately it means the bloody batteries have run out. And they aren't normal batteries they are those silly small round ones that I don't have in the house! So I know I lost 8lb at some point last week so i'm going to go with that, whether its more or less i will find out next week i guess.

My scales are the same, I now have a years supply of batteries in the drawer!
8lb is amazing :) If it was more well you will have another big loss next week!!!

I fell off the wagon spectacularly on Saturday night :( I didn't even gently step off I jumped! Why do I do it? Anyway, probably a good thing the scales were broke...back to it tomorrow.

Hi, I started Exante today so I'll be watching your diary. How have you found it all since Saturday (I'm sure one blip night won't cause too much damage)? X

Back