It's all in the mind!

Jessie 888

one life only
As a veteran yo-yo dieter with loads to lose, I know I need to retrain my brain so I can maintain after LT. One of my problems is that I'm an all-or-nothing girl. I have amazing willpower when I'm on a diet but, when I'm not, I go completely to pot! Is anyone else like that? I'm reading a great book at the moment to help me called The Beck Diet Solution: train your brain to think like a thin person. The author reckons that fat people tend to have common characteristics. How many are you guilty of?
You confuse hunger with the desire to eat. You have a low tolerance for hunger and cravings. You like the feeling of being full. You fool yourself about how much you eat. You comfort yourself with food. You feel helpless and hopeless when you gain weight. You focus on issues of unfairness. You stop dieting once you lose weight!

I started to read that before I began LT, think i will finish it again before i hit maintenace, great book i think!!

Errrr yes to all!!

Me too, apart from fooling myself about how much I eat. I know exactly what I used to eat and what damage it's done! :(
I have deserved every overweight pound!

I started to read that before I began LT, think i will finish it again before i hit maintenace, great book i think!!

I'm reading it very slowly cos there's a lot to reflect on in each chapter. Luckily I have time to get my head straight cos I'm going to be on LT for a lot lot longer!

I would agree to most of that. I think personally a lot of my trouble was denial. The gains wouldnt really register until it became a couple of stone rather than a couple of pounds. Im glad this diet gives us time to think and re assess.

i agree to all of them to

I no its my own fault for being this size and how i eat not even because im hungry, its cos im greedy and everyone else eats so why shouldnt i? its just im the one who piles on the weight. :(

i need to train my brain to stop eating takeaways and start cooking healthy! just hope i can :sigh:

xx

Bother I looked at that book today in The Works and didn't buy it. Wish I had now : ( Bought a cupcake book and stand 'cos it was on offer lol.

yeah i agree to all of that im married to a thin who person never had a weight problem dosnt look at food the way i do i feel judged by him and also its funny how i always seem to gain 2 stone before it registers weird that

Back