Its been said before.....mmmm Asda chick pea dahl

am i the only person who doesnt really like it? I had it for the 2nd time last night and it was just about edible! I couldn't finish a tin as it was making me feel a bit nauseous lol. I must be a weirdo!

Also when i opened the tin a smell hit me that was reminiscent of dog food lol

not that im putting anyone off as it was definatly edible and obviously its well loved! I'm just a strange vegetarian who finds it hard to stomach certain textures i think!

you guys were right! i bought 4 tins 2 days ago and theyve all gone! need to do another trip to asda just to get some! (i also hate asda)

And if you blitz it with a blender straight from the tin you get a lovely curried humous to dip veg in, lovely.

That sound really nice, I like chick peas but not the texture, which is why I've never bought it, but I might get some and blitz it for a dip...

We had it last week for the first time - with chicken and I added a teaspoon of garam masala and a teaspoon of cumin to spice it up a bit more. OH loved it.

I don't really like chickpeas unless they are hummus! But I will try it as everyone raves about it!

I keep seeing posts about this Chickpea Dahl and think it is about time I tried it! Doing my Asda shop in the next couple of days so definitely going to have a scout around for it! I usually just go in for fruit and veg so I will have to 'venture' into the rest of the store, making sure I put my blinkers on as I pass the chocolate/sweetie aisle!
:17729:

Can I just bump this old thread and say thankyou for bringing this marvellous stuff to my attention!

I would never have considered buying a tin of chickpea dhal if it werent for this site - I bought some several weeks ago, but was still a bit dubious (having not really liked chickpeas or hummus in the past).

Finally tried it yesterday, cooked up some onions, chicken, peppers and courgettes to make it a bit more substantial for me and OH's tea, served with rice and SW onion bhaji - and my it were lush!

Good to know as well that its nice just out of the can if I'm feeling too lazy to cook much, and totally free!

Stocking up next time I go to ASDA. Will bring in a can as a prize for the raffle to spread the knowledge in my group too.

Got 4 tins in Asda today (have to stock up as Asda is not local) following the recommendations on here - I hope I like it now!

Neonshock - it is 200 cals per half a can

To those that say they blitz it up to make a dip.....probably not syn free then. Like when you liquidise or juice fruit up it takes on a syn value as it becomes easier to over consume without satisfying your hunger. If it's just every now and again though I'm sure it's fine! You can only be so rigid with it all can't you.

Id suggest superfree yes as it probably has only toms and onions as veg, chickpeas are a legume so not super (I dont think anywho). If I was cooking it I would make maybe a cucke, tomato and spinach side salad with a dollop of youg with mint, inkeeping with the Indian theme :D

This is a free??!! I used to eat it all the time before SW and thought it was really bad. Well!! I'll be buying a few cans on our next shop now! Woo!!! Haha!

It really is delicious!

Back