It's just not happening!! WHY?!?!?

Zomumof2

Hi Everyone,

I just wondered if anybody else is struggling to loose the weight?

I am following the diet accurately (on EE) but last week only lost 1/2Ib and this week it looks like I've stayted the same :sigh:

How come some people loose 4Ib in one week?????? I just do not know what I'm doing wrong.

I exercise, stay within syns, I've never ate so much fruit in my life but it's just sooooo slow and so demotivating. I get my head around the fact 'ok, I'll be a slow weight loser' but then I go to class and hear about loads of others losing 3Ib's and 4Ibs then I feel a total failure.

If I'd of cheated I would understand but I've been going 9 weeks now and only lost 11 1/2 Ib. Some I know lost that in 2 weeks!!!!

Really need some inspiration/tips :wave_cry:

Zo x

Go find 11.5lbs ofstuff and put it in a bag and lug it around..... ;). You;ve done fantastically!!!!!! We loose weight at different rate. It would be nice if we could all loose 3-4lbs a week but the average is 1-2 which is reallygood. Even half a lb is awesome. You are making a postive change to your health and wellbeing. Maybe try a mix of green and red days up your veggie intake. Urm do you mind sharing a typical day of diet.

But you are doing very well and keep at it x

oh zoe be patient if your following the plan and know your not cheating try and see that your losses are brilliant xxx
im a slow loser ive taken over a year to get a stone off im hating it as i want to lose so much but remember everyone is different and but most of all the slower it comes off the more likely it is to STAY OFF!!
ive taken a whole to come round to that thinking but hey im a stone lighter than this time last year and that ll do me!!! all can do is keep going i know if i wasnt on the plan i deffo be a stone heavier not lighter! :)
keep it up hun you ll suceed im sure and 0.5lb a week is all but 2 stone in a year so look at hte bigger picture xxx

Hi Zo

First of all Well Done on losing 11 1/2 Ibs in 9 weeks that is a fantastic achievement. My advice to you would just to be stick to it. Some of us are just slow losers, there are people in my group who also have big losses but i only lose about 1lb a week. Sometimes our bodies need to adjust to the change of food/routine so a STS is normal.

Oh i know you are staying within your syns but are you using all of them? As sometimes you lose less if you don't have them

Without looking at a food diary thats the only advice i can give you :) Good Luck

Sum Xx

your overall weightloss to the weeks youv been going is perfect!!! .. those people might loose 3lbs in a week BUT they will even it out with smalle rlosses i garentee you. My wieght loss pattern always went..1/2lb.. 1lb..1/2lb.. 1/2lb... for about 6 weeks, then id loose 2/3lbs.. then it'd go back to smaller losess again. but when it came down to it, i lost 64lbs in 64weeks exactly. . . you may feel like your losses are slow but they really arnt! you just want that big boost i understand that, i do.. but you cant force your body to do it, and the more your clinging on to that tension because you want more.. the more your body is holding on to it... the fact is honey, its not gunna happen overnight.. its not gunna happen for you.. and its NOT happening for THEM either! i promise you. . . you CAN do this, be patient. x

You could try red and green days , i didnt have much loss on EE , but since switching to red , there has been a big difference

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for replying :) This is my food diary for this week, I write everything down

Here's a quick look at what I had this week

Tues
B = Strawberries, blackberries and kiwi with a mullerlight

L = Jacket pot with 42g of cheese (HeA) and onion with a side salad

D = Pork chops (fat removed) mash, petit pois, brocolli and leeks

SYNS & Snacks = Thai mug shot 1/2 syn, Gravy 1 1/2 syn, Tomato sauce 1syn, Can't Believe its not butter light 1 syn = 4 SYNS

Weds

B = 2 boiled eggs, 1 wholemeal bread HeB, mango and strawberries

L = Chicken and mackerel salad

D = Spaghetti Bol made with ex lean mince, passatta, onion, mush, garlic, chilli powder and sweetcorn. with cheese as HeA

SYNS/Snacks - Thai mugshot 1/2syn Mackerel 1syn, tomato sauce 1syn, Can't believe its not butter light (CBNBL) 1syn = 3 1/2 SYNS

Thurs

B = Strawberries, Blackberries and yoghurt

L = (didn't have much time) Pineapple and banana and a babybel HeA

D = Gammon, beans, syn free chips, wholemeal bread HeB with mushrooms and onion

SYNS/Snacks - CBNBL 1syn, Tom sauce 1syn, mug shot 1/2 = 2 1/2 SYNS

Fri

B = Pineapple

L = (went out to restaurant) Penne pasta with tomato and basil sauce with a bit of cheese HeA (Don't really know if there were any syns in the sauce as it was a restuarant but thought this meal was the better choice on the menu) Dessert - half a piece of chocolate brownie cake!!

D = Blackberries, strawberries and a mullerlight

Sat

B = Blackberries and strawberries and mullerlight

L = Jacket potato and Tuna with salad

D = Spaghetti and homemade meatballs with a homemade tomato sauce with onions, mush, marrowfat peas, garlic, cheese HeA

SYNS/Snacks - Hellmans Extra light mayo 1syn, tom sauce 1syn CBNBL 1 syn, Hifi bar HeB, banana = 3SYNS

I also had a bottle of wine 28 syns and 3 vodkas 12 syns on the weekend.

Hi Hon, sorry to hear that you're dissappointed with your loss (although I think you've done really well!)

I think the one mistake most of us make is to compare ourselves to others. I'm sure you'll get the big losses at some point but don't worry if you're not getting the same results as someone else, we will all get there eventually so long as we never give up :)

Hi Hun. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not totally sure you are 100% following plan according to your diary above. I'm only pointing out as I have been guilty myself of thinking I am on plan when I'm not, and have then realised that my 0.5lb loss is v good when I take into account what I've actually eaten.

Friday in particular doesn't look like an on plan day. Not HEB, plus you didn't weigh the cheese on your pasta so could have been over your HEA allowance. You probably should have counted some olive oil in your pasta as resturants love to add this in, plus your small bit of chocolate brownie could easily have been 10 syns on its own. If you take these into account you are on 70 syns by the end of Saturday. Still leaves you with 35 to play with though till next weigh in.

hey sweets you have done fantastically dont be disheartned sometimes it just takes longer for others ..my auntie is a slow loser and we kept telling her she should eat a little bit more as she was very strict ..try having a few more on plan/ free food snacks during the day to keep your metabolism burning.
The only other thing i noticed from your menue was you seem to be using most your syns for the weekend that doesnt work for everyone ...maybe try splitting them out through the week a bit more

Hi Hun. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not totally sure you are 100% following plan according to your diary above. I'm only pointing out as I have been guilty myself of thinking I am on plan when I'm not, and have then realised that my 0.5lb loss is v good when I take into account what I've actually eaten.

Friday in particular doesn't look like an on plan day. Not HEB, plus you didn't weigh the cheese on your pasta so could have been over your HEA allowance. You probably should have counted some olive oil in your pasta as resturants love to add this in, plus your small bit of chocolate brownie could easily have been 10 syns on its own. If you take these into account you are on 70 syns by the end of Saturday. Still leaves you with 35 to play with though till next weigh in.

Totally agree with this I have too been guilty of thinking I'm 100% on plan when actually have been sneaking little extras in.

Also remember that pasta in restaurants is usually fresh rather than dried which would need to by syned.

Well done on what you have lost so far, keep it up and soon you'll have your stone x

Hi - I know you are disappointed with your weight loss so far but it really is a good loss! It's more than 1lb per week which is brilliant! Don't compare yourself to others as you have no idea what their average weight loss is over a period of weeks / months. It's quite likelly that it's similar to yours - you just don't realise cause all you keep hearing are their big losses.

As for your menu - you seem to be missing your HEB a couple of days, but otherwise your choices are good. When is your weigh-in? If it's at the beginning of the week and you are using quite a few syns on wine over the weekend you might be setting yourself up to fail as alcohol makes you retain water so the scales won't necessarily give you a true reflection of your actual fat loss.

Good Luck for next week!

I've just had a look through your diary. I think you're not eating enough. You need to try and have at least 10 syns per day.

Also, try cutting back a bit on the fruit and increase your veg intake.

Try and drink 2 litres of fluid every day.

HTH

You say that 'it looks like' you are heading for a STS this week... When is your OFFICIAL weigh-in? Are you having a sneaky-peak mid-week weigh-in? If you are, IGNORE IT!!! Mid-week weigh-ins have no baring on what your OFFICIAL weigh-in will say!!!!

11.5 lb is the equivalent of 23 blocks of butter lost ....... sounds good to me :D

Last edited:
Lonestitcher is right. I weighed in last tuesday night 15st 4lb (-0.5lbs. Went to docs on Wednesday morning and was weighed in at 14st 13lb. 'Tis clearly not true!! Different scales, different time of day - all makes a difference.

Back