Step 1 Sole Source + It's my diary & I'll cry if I want to....

Welcome Fardousa! You will find great friends and support on Minimins. How much have you to lose? Have you started? Once you have found your way around you may want to have your own diary thread which can be a great place to post how you feel, ups and downs and boy I do that! Feeling a lot better and relieved I feel better and hope I can stay this way! Physio this morning, visiting relatives later and then eyebrow threading and I need to book hair appointment for colouring at some point. My nails are still a mess so I may have a manicure intact I am thinking I could do with a whole spa treatment session as it will hopefully help lift my spirits a little more.

Hello kira , I'm going to start it tomorrow morning and I have 4 stone to lose Hun .

Hope you have an easy day 1:)

Relatively pain free this morning so hope it stays this way. I had flare after physio yesterday but it tends to be that way after the interferential therapy which is electric currents bit like a tens machine. The pain in my left foot and ankle area is tendinitis which I have on top of my plantar fascitis so at least it's been diagnosed. So I'll just have to deal manage it.

On the plan front I struggled yesterday and ended up having 810 meal. Interesting how pain cam either make me have no desire to eat anything or simply want to eat continuously?

Hope ps you all have a lovely Easter weekend. X

It comes and goes and its RICE rest ice compression and elevation. Not the best way to burn calories! Mind you I managed a to de clutter and reorganise a few things during pain free moments.

On diet front had to have another 810 day but that's fine at least the binges are in check this week. I'm going to try and focus on sticking to plan here and tricky moments and how I overcome them. Feel I need a positive state of mind and I'm sure anyone dropping by gets bored by my moaning about pain! Time to change the title of my thread I think.

Change it diary title made in jest! I'm trying to steer away from geeking negative and down due to pain. I want to focus on staying on plan dealing with ups and downs and with the side effect of losing weight. Less weight less pain hopefully.

Hope me everyone is having a great weekend.

Aw bless you this is your diary to talk about what is going on with you, god knows i moan about enough rubbish on my diary!!

810 is great! Do you think it would be more realistic to stick to 810 for the duration? I've never done Cambridge but I seem to be doing about 900 cals a day of packs and food and I'm finding it much easier to stick to. I can see myself doing this for the foreseeable future and I feel quite calm about it.

Have a great weekend and rest rest rest (ice compress elevate ;) )

Thanks Lou! IF doing 810 keeps me in plan and prevents the binges and falling off the wagon I'm ok doing that. I have to manage the pain as it comes and goes and the problem with chronic pain is managing it.

Hi Bananas, seems to many of us in the "been there done and doing it again club!" or in my case trying to do it again!

I haven't weighed in this morning but will do next week. Just focussing on getting through another day and mulling thinga over as to the long term.

Up at 5.30am and on train to KX. It's great the sun it's out it certainly helps. Unlikely to get Gauguin on the water until I get to the office. Dreading catching up,on 2 weeks worth of emails!

Whoops! Typo! Meant get going on the water! Autocorrect can be such a pain:)

kind of looking forward to the work routine in a sad kind of way.... But think it will help if I maintain a positive approach on everything.

It is such a lovely morning you're right and does help loads x

Clin welcome back to vlcd space food:) you are definitely brave as this isn't the easiest of plans but as we know effective for faster losses.

well went to GP and after half an hour on prodding and poking he confirmed my aches and pains are real not just hormones messing around. So had bloods taken and will see hin next week. Having test for arthritis all types, diabetes, menopause, thyroid, anaemia etc. he was very thorough! I have swelling on my left ankle and in left knee and a little in my right knee. He thinks it's sinovitis but will need MRI. Apparently I have a beginnings of a bunion on my right foot! Had no idea! He's given me excercise for the bursitis in my arm an neck pain and he was less worried about that and concerned about my knees and feet. Fallen arches don't help and neither does the two stones extra I'm carrying! So health wise I need to lose the weight as my knees and feet are taking a pounding.

Guess I'm now in middle age and I can't deny it any longer:) smile/ cry both? Good day plan wise.

I'm glad he was thorough hopefully you'll get some answers :)

I can't imagine the pain, I only have neck pain and that gets on my nerves so can't imagine that being the one thing the doctor isn't worried about! !

Well done for a good on plan day let's get you light on your feet like a fairy! !!

Oh I am glad it's all being looked into. I have fallen arches and bunions hehe! Hope you have another good day today x

Thanks Lou. Think doc wasn't worried a bout the neck pain because it is manageable and serious. Stretches at home adjusting the wat ® sit can alleviate it - mine is a result of how I sit at my desk probably. The other stuff depending on what t is needs further investigation. So at least it's bring looked into. Been very lucky to have a really good GP with some interest in muscular skeletal issues as his speciality. This is what it must feel like to win the lottery!?

Plan an wise good. Slept badly but that could be plan, pain etc mouth tastes awful and I managed a day in between SS+ and 810! Only I could do that! Second day back at office and hoping I can actually do work. All I managed yesterday was to wade through emails and then left for Doctor's appointment in afternoon.

Hi Kira,
I am the same height and weight as you so would be great to know how your getting on?
your first 4 days are a great help to read. How is it going? I also want to reach 8st (50kg) hopefully in the next 5/6 weeks.
Are you doing any exercise on top of the diet?

Hi Shiningstar, I'm ok though some days I have a wobble and need to sip hot water or distract myself. I am not currently doing excercise due to the issues I have with tendoinitis etc In my feet/ calves knees :( however, on a vlcd I really wouldn't recommend it unless you were already doing exercise. I did in the past when I've done vlcd but it rrally I didn't increase my weekly losses and it can exhausting. I'd take it easy and do walking and taking stairs maybe yoga Pilates but not weight and cardio heavy duty style. Once you're closer to goal and move up a plan or refeed the exercise. I also found exercise increased my appetite so I had to have chicken or eggs in addition to packs. Sorry went on a ramble!

Sneak peek at scales (my London flat ones!) 10st 5. It is tricky weighing on three different set of scales! Lond, North and CWP consultant also in London! I'm ok with that and hopefully will be closer to 10st or even onot 9's by Monday or Tuesday.

Sleep is always difficult I find on vlcd the first couple of weeks. I'm writing up my journal every evening and that is helpful especially to record my pain levels and symptoms (which will come in handy when I see my GP).

Back