It's not a diet!

Discussion in 'Strugglers and Restarters' started by hatchlings, 2 March 2014 Social URL.

1. hatchlings

hatchlings Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi,

I am new here but am a serial stopper and starter. I properly decided to start losing weight after the birth of my last daughter - she's no 16 months old so yeah, she was born quite some time ago now!
    When she was about 5 months old I started going to WW and managed to lose 12lbs there which was great although I didn't feel any different and unfortunately the group I was in wasn't very motivational - I mean, I know it's up to me more than them, but staying the same was met with 'WHY?' and it felt like a huge accusation rather than supportive - I'm not suggesting slipping up is acceptable but I always thought staying the same just happened occasionally - especially when you know you've had a good week!
    After deciding I couldn't keep in with the WW thing I decided to try things from a health perspective - I saw a personal trainer for 10 weeks and she was wonderful I felt much fitter during and after the time I spent with her but obviously the fees aren't manageable long term and her nutrition plan was too limited/restrictive for me, especially as many of the things she considered staples were really expensive!
    ANYWAY, I'm now less than 24 hours from my first SW meeting and I feel like a fraud - am I just going to keep doing these things in a cycle forever? I KNOW I need to and want to lose weight but I need to start treating these attempts as a complete lifestyle overhaul - seeing it as a diet simply makes me think about when I can stop doing it!

Is there anyone else in the same boat :)?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. sagagr

sagagr Member

Hello,
    Whatever it is, nothing but your efforts and motherhood. Just good luck for your determination and have a bright future for your baby...

4. b-23

b-23 New Member

I totally agree with you Hatchlings! It is all about a change to your lifestyle and with that your attitude towards food.
    I have tried slimming world, weight watchers etc but I don't think it's feasible (or much fun!) to count calories all the time. And if I ever had a bad week it would all be ruined because I then started comfort eating again!!
    So I'm trying to change my habits for good! I hope you manage to too!