It's now or never - Part 2

egbert

Silver Member
Where to start.

Well - I have been following the Cambridge diet on and off since last July. I lost 3.5 stones on it and I am happy with that. But - after getting married in March and our honeymoon, I am just struggling to get back into it. I missed out on the BBQs and parties last year trying to lose the weight and now the sun is out, I just don't have any enthusiasm for being restricted to soups and shakes anymore.

I have 1 stone left I want to shift, so I have decided to move on to the Slimming World way of life to see if I can 1. shift the last stone and 2. learn some better eating habits. I go to my first meeting tomorrow, but I have actually started already by just following SW recipes for the last 2 days.

Hence the title of my diary - because Part 1 is over in the CD area. :)

So - I have 2 kids, I am debating getting a dog, obviously have a lovely new hubby (well - 13 years together, but the hubby part is still shiny and new), 1 cat, 4 chickens, some fish and that's enough for now I think.

Any ideas, hints, tips, encouragement or gossiping generally completely welcome here :) :D:D

Hey - well done for you loss so far and congratulations on getting married :) Good idea to start SW, it's a good plan to maintain weight loss. Looking forward to seeing more success on your thread x

I cannot believe how much I am eating, surely this can't be right. It's the opposite of diet, and weird after being on Cd for so long.

I went to group on Saturday to get signed up, but started Sunday due to a big party sat night. So, yesterday I had a shake for breaky (the SwC said it as fine to use up what I had left) then for lunch we had a BBQ, with potato and a bucket of salad. Plus half a water melon, lots of fruit, crab sticks, and for dinner beans and scrambled egg. I forgo the toast as I'm not fussed about bread, it really bloats me. oh had his slice as his syns.

oh is doing SW with me, as long as I do the thinking and cooking, because he needs to shift the weight. But he needs ideas for quick lunch meals at work. He literally can boil a kettle noon site. So, I got him some pot shots, but anything else?

I am going to weigh myself as I expect to have put on 6 lbs in veg yesterday. Honestly, does that sound about right for a days eating?

OK - 4 weeks since my last post and in that time I have not lost a thing. Nada. Nothing. I know why - it's because I am not sticking, not counting my syns and being too relaxed. On the positive side, I have not put any one, which is kinda reassuring that I can maintain, but I want to be losing. Part of the problem is that I am quite happy about where I am.

Anyway, I spoke to my SWC who is lovely and she has suggested I reset my target to 10.3, which allows me to hover between 10 and 10.6, and means I have got 5 pounds to go to get within target - I am 10.11 at the moment. So, I will be at my preferred weight, if I can go lower then all the better. And it doesn't seem to mammoth a task.

In the meantime I have been trying different recipes and love diet coke chicken and diet fanta pork! But - I do need some other recipe ideas too! Must do some more researching.

Just looking at my signature - Its now July and I have not lost a thing since March. :( Rubbish.

I think everyone finds the final few lbs really hard to lose on SW and, as you say, you're not being super strict. Change it up - have some red and green days as well as EE and eat loads of the SS foods.

Anyway, good luck and stay positive! You will get there, you're learning how to eat healthy, showing a great example to kids AND you don't have to miss out on the summer partying!

Weigh in today. I have been strict all week in sticking to fruits, veg and low fat foods. Lets see!

:( Another STS

And I was extra good all week :(

Well, this weekend has been a naughty one so I expect it will take all week to lose it again, to get back for another STS *sigh*

Back