It's now or never

I really believe a bride who loves her frock will always look fabulous - regardless of whether it fits the occasion or her body shape. Happy brides are beautiful, end of story, right?

Well, I spent the whole day relooking and looking and looking and now I just am totally confused. SO - going to try a few new ones on, then re-try the original ones, and see how I feel the 2nd time round.

Very naughty weekend, so today I am working off the excess and trying to recover some ground. Also, by being naughty I am clearly well out of ketosis and starving. But - more lovely compliments today so back on the wagon with inspiration :)

((Although, so many people at work have now said how good I am looking and how much weight I lost, I have to wonder what they all said about me before. People I didn't even know knew me or had noticed me! We just don't realise how people view us! ))

So, 2 days of excess over the weekend, and 2 days of behaving and I am almost back to my personal best. So - feeling properly motivated today, I want to see that 10 by the end of the week! I am considering doing exercise as well - oh my, must be feeling ill! :)

I have bee in touch with a mate too who is a personal trainer, and asked for some hints on getting a toned stomach without sit ups, since they hurt my back.

Feeling really good today, I think as well I have narrowed down the dress choices - now I just need to decide if I am going to take a risk and order something online . . . . . scary! Still, going to another dress shop today and 2 on friday, and then I have decided a decision has to be made by Saturday! Honestly how hard can it be to choose a dress.

Does anyone else get this -

I occasionally have felt a need to just taste something, nibbled the kids food and then thought, maybe I should just spit it out because it was the taste I wanted, not the filling. But, I couldn't do that as I feel its just taking it too far, all ridiculous. LOL - maybe dieting makes yo go a bit fruit loop :)

Dieting is, in itself and by its nature, unbalanced and obsessive behaviour (eating less food than our bodies require). I had a lot of therapy over the years and have done a lot of work on healing my relationship with food, but as soon as i want to lose weight, i need to diet and then i go nuts again. I think that's why this works better for me: because i'm not actually dealing with food at all.

I agree, out of all the things I have tried this suits me best because there is no faffing with 'real' food, and trying to limit portion sizes and trying to make excuses when I go over board. Cooking for the kids is quite hard and I am being a bit naughty in cooking them things I don't like (beef, spag bol, chicken nuggets) so they must be bored of eating the same stuff week in and out!

Now OH has joined me on the diet and I have to listen to his whinging I am more committed, because he needs competition to motivate him so we are on a challenge to see who can lose the most each week. I know he will win - he has more to lose, is male, has just started etc, so his losses will be more noticable, but its what he needs to commit. The things we do for men!

I do that if I'm cooking and need to check seasoning, have a tiny taste and spit it in bin, or to check if rice is cooked (can't tell any other way) but then feel like a giant mentalist spitting 1 grain of rice in the bin lol x

i have spat food out before, particularly when i first started and was SS-ing. now i'm on SS+ i don't go quite as crazy as i do get SOME food, however dull omelettes and chicken salad may become.

although weirdly, i'm still loving my little bit of food and not bored of it at all.

Ahhh - I am having real trouble today. Really hard to ignore the nibble pangs. I have been picking at lean sandwich ham all day, on the basis that it's protein so keeping me in ketosis. But having real real real trouble - arrrgghhhh.

Well, what a day! I almost had some work for a whole 10 minutes (being made redundant means I sit about all day waiting for my end date with no work to do at all - it's been months and I have never been so bored in my life). Anyway, that distracted me for a while.

So, been good, stuck to the plan today and hopefully I will have lost a bit more tomorrow - it's like a little nibble at the scales every day and eventually I will get there. I took a day away from dress hunting today too - that was just getting depressing. And now I have a plan. I am going to look at a dress I already saw on friday, a new place on saturday, and then make a decision based on the 2 best so far! This wedding dress will be ordered by Sunday! *eyes to heaven, silent prayer*

In the meantime I have decided on table centrepieces, a guest book idea and am off to research candelabras'. Is it cheaper to hire, or buy . . .

Also trying to decide whether to get a load of cheap cameras for the tables - I know everyone does it but it is simple and I may get some good pics. . . . or does everyone just take random rubbish ones? :)

Hmm - what else do I need to be thinking about. Must decide on a colour scheme, hair / head dress / jewellery.. . .

**Slight correction** Um - I wonder how much carbs there are in a potato smiley. :break_diet:

We had cameras for the tables because the hubbie really wanted them and liked the idea of getting silly pics from his mates.

I thought they were a waste of time, none of the pics were any good. Also, we got decent kodak ones because apparently cheap ones give such bad photos you might as well not bother. So it wasn't that cheap and it wasn't worth it at all! You'd be better off getting the official photographer or a friend who likes taking photos to go round the tables and get a pic of everyone.

i quite like the idea of having a polaroid camera with your guest book and asking people to take pics of themselves and put them in the book.

my sister had cameras for the tables, and ended up with about fifty photos of the inside of the gents' loos and several of different willies. waste of money, for sure (in that case).

what i have seen recently is a card on each table saying "please feel free to take loads of photos, and email them (now or later) to blahblahweddingpics@ gmail.com" - a dedicated email addy they'd set up. so we were taking them with our phones and sending them off then and there - and then they put them all up on facebook later.

We didn't bother as they actually work out quite expensive! Heres some other suggestions for guests though if I may be so bold.....
*Make a chalkboard for guest to write a message and have there photos taken with
*A take these photos game
*an old typewriter to collect messages from guests instead of guestbook
*Cool tree pic with all the thumb prints of your guests as leaves
*each table has a book to write you messages and you dont read the book till the number of the tables year anniversary...

cor blimey I haven't done a very good at explaining those have I!!! See pics attached...

Attachments

• 191328861_qmNEqIv3_c.jpg
    191328861_qmNEqIv3_c.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 218853961_GdYENyXb_c.jpg
    218853961_GdYENyXb_c.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 222131314_wp1vQ21i_c.jpg
    222131314_wp1vQ21i_c.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 237180316_wK688fab_c.jpg
    237180316_wK688fab_c.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 313369830_YtBBJIfU_c.jpg
    313369830_YtBBJIfU_c.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 21
we had two guestbook type things.

we used photobox to make a hardback photobook with a picture of each of our guests - they had to find their photo and write us a message next to it.

we also had a thing on one of the trees in the orchard, where people could write us a message on a old fashioned luggage label, and tie it to the tree.

I am thinking of having 5 wine bottles which the guests can sign with a gold pen, which we can then open for the next 5 anniversaries. Saw it on a site some where and that's right up my street, red wine or bubbly! Mmmm

Now, is 2 march winter or spring. Red and gold or bright spring colours? Roses or tulips!

I think you are right, i won't bother with the camera. I might give my 5yo an old digital camera so she can go round taking pics instead!

Lovely ideas.

I'd go for bright spring colours. Do you ever see those amazing multi coloured bunches of tulips they do in spring? Purple / pink / yellow etc? really fresh and gorgeous.

Roses or tulips I think depends on the frock.

Arrrgghhh still no frock! Will be panic buying on Saturday!

Back