It's now or never

Hi all -

Sorry to have been gone so long - it seems time just disappears round here. So - what news in the last . . . month. Oh my - its been over a month.

Well - firstly we have our puppy - Bagel the beagle. Yes - I don't hang about once I make a decision. We got her 2 weeks ago and I am enjoying the puppy experience - apart from the nipping and chewing and peeing on the floor. Apparently this only lasts about a year though - lol:) So thats ok.

She is beautiful, a real lady. Very playful and very smart. In fact, almost cat like (my husband says I have just got myself a new catdog) in that she will only listen when she feels like it or there is food involved. I have got her to come to me when I call her 90% of the time, she sits for food, we are working on bring a ball back and drop it. Having some issues with stopping her nipping the kids and I just cannot get her to tell me when she wants to go out for a pee yet!

Anyway - I have also been doing SW for a while, although I have been having CD shakes for breaky as I just like a shake. I might have to by Slimfast ones when I run out. I have NOT been good though - I am aware that I cheat a bit too much. So in 4 weeks my weight has stayed the same - no losses at all. :(

So - current weight is 10.11. I have set my target as 10.3 so I can hover between 10 and 10.6. I think I would be happy at that weight. Then I will work on tone!

How is everyone doing here?

egbert said:
Hi all -

Sorry to have been gone so long - it seems time just disappears round here. So - what news in the last . . . month. Oh my - its been over a month.

Well - firstly we have our puppy - Bagel the beagle. Yes - I don't hang about once I make a decision. We got her 2 weeks ago and I am enjoying the puppy experience - apart from the nipping and chewing and peeing on the floor. Apparently this only lasts about a year though - lol:) So thats ok.

She is beautiful, a real lady. Very playful and very smart. In fact, almost cat like (my husband says I have just got myself a new catdog) in that she will only listen when she feels like it or there is food involved. I have got her to come to me when I call her 90% of the time, she sits for food, we are working on bring a ball back and drop it. Having some issues with stopping her nipping the kids and I just cannot get her to tell me when she wants to go out for a pee yet!

Anyway - I have also been doing SW for a while, although I have been having CD shakes for breaky as I just like a shake. I might have to by Slimfast ones when I run out. I have NOT been good though - I am aware that I cheat a bit too much. So in 4 weeks my weight has stayed the same - no losses at all. :(

So - current weight is 10.11. I have set my target as 10.3 so I can hover between 10 and 10.6. I think I would be happy at that weight. Then I will work on tone!

How is everyone doing here?

Not far off target! Well done. Congrats on the puppy.

Weigh in this morning. I have been so good all week so I really hope I get some weight off, I havnt lost any in months :(

So, in SW I have least a few new recipes already and I really like them. The main aim of me doing it is to learn to cook healthy emails for my family and I think it's working. Except I need more imagination. Once I learn a few I just re do them over and over!

Bagel the puppy is growing well, we are taking her out for her 1st proper walk today as she had all her jabs! But the ankle biting is very annoying, and my daughter runs away from her now. hubby is getting a bit fed up and threatening to give her away if she bites him again:(

egbert said:
Weigh in this morning. I have been so good all week so I really hope I get some weight off, I havnt lost any in months :(

So, in SW I have least a few new recipes already and I really like them. The main aim of me doing it is to learn to cook healthy emails for my family and I think it's working. Except I need more imagination. Once I learn a few I just re do them over and over!

Bagel the puppy is growing well, we are taking her out for her 1st proper walk today as she had all her jabs! But the ankle biting is very annoying, and my daughter runs away from her now. hubby is getting a bit fed up and threatening to give her away if she bites him again:(

Happy Saturday.

I must have missed your move to Slimming World. It is a good family friendly program. No advice on the puppy -- not sure how to stop the biting.

Search Internet for tips to teach soft mouth as they need to learn how strong there mouth is, also if your up for it bite back I have bit both our dogs once on the ear it did the trick lol

Thanks - we are working on her bite inhibition. Its mostly working - we have a rattle tin for the worst bits, usually the kids feet!

I have noticed it gets worse when she needs a toilet break! I would prefer she went to the door and barked!

Weigh in yesterday, and another STS :(

Hellooo

:wavey:

Well - I admit it. I am crap. Useless. A failure. I am back on the Cambridge Diet after all of my bog words about trying to get on now and start a normal healthy eating plan. Here I am again.

Well - lets see. I got to 10.6 for the wedding in March. I went back to 11.4 after the honeymoon. I went down to 10.10 and stayed there until last week, when we went on a week in the sun and I am back at 11.

I know its not a massive rise - but the trend is upwards and thats not what I want. On the one hand, I have proven to myself that I can maintain on a low fat diet - and I know how quickly I can put it on with naughtiness.

But - I am not where I want to be. So back on Cambridge, my aim is to reach the 10 this time.

Oh - but I forgot what the first 3 days are like! Hunger, cravings, dreaming of sweets. Last night I dreamt that I had a midnight feast of crisps and sweets and when i woke up this morning I actually checked the floor to see if I was surrounded by wrappers t'was that vivid.

And how am I meant to stay off the sugar when about 2pm every day my blood sugar just plummets. Shakey hands, swimmy head, that feeling that you are tipping over when actually you are standing still and hot flushes! I know it will go in a few days as my body sorts itself out but right now - eurghhhh.

Day 3, with the odd swig of coke when my head swims. Here we go!

Any of my lovely friends still here? :553:

Ah - feeling monstrously better today! It is day 4 - I must be nearing ketosis despite having to pop down the small quaffs of coke to beat the sugar lows over th last fe days, because today I feel alive, awake, happy and thinner!

egbert said:
Hellooo

:wavey:

Well - I admit it. I am crap. Useless. A failure. I am back on the Cambridge Diet after all of my bog words about trying to get on now and start a normal healthy eating plan. Here I am again.

Well - lets see. I got to 10.6 for the wedding in March. I went back to 11.4 after the honeymoon. I went down to 10.10 and stayed there until last week, when we went on a week in the sun and I am back at 11.

I know its not a massive rise - but the trend is upwards and thats not what I want. On the one hand, I have proven to myself that I can maintain on a low fat diet - and I know how quickly I can put it on with naughtiness.

But - I am not where I want to be. So back on Cambridge, my aim is to reach the 10 this time.

Oh - but I forgot what the first 3 days are like! Hunger, cravings, dreaming of sweets. Last night I dreamt that I had a midnight feast of crisps and sweets and when i woke up this morning I actually checked the floor to see if I was surrounded by wrappers t'was that vivid.

And how am I meant to stay off the sugar when about 2pm every day my blood sugar just plummets. Shakey hands, swimmy head, that feeling that you are tipping over when actually you are standing still and hot flushes! I know it will go in a few days as my body sorts itself out but right now - eurghhhh.

Day 3, with the odd swig of coke when my head swims. Here we go!

Any of my lovely friends still here? :553:

Hi Eggie,

I've had a heck of a summer, and put on quite a bit (for a smaller person -- I'm not quite 5'4") and had not gotten off the regain from a bmi of 25.. So, I too, and going to use Slim and Save for a week, then Slim and Savevplus a low carb meal for sometime, then sto up to alternate day dieting (using packets for Down Days).

Don't feel like a failure -- you are maintaining, correcting, and even endevouring to lose more. And you do not even have the wedding as a motivator. Good on you!

I have a friend who puts her wedding dress on every year around her anniversary. Usually on the day, but if she's not going o be home -- then she tries it on before she goes.

Most years she can get it on and fits okay (because her wedding photo reminds her of the "test" that is in her future). But, if it s tight -- or one year she was pregnant and another she was nursing --She starts trying it on weekly until it fits. I wish I'd known about this idea 25 plus years ago when I got married.

I was able to get my wedding dress back on (and it looked okay) after I did LL in 2008. I plan to be able to put it on and have it look okay on January 11, 2013 (our 26th). :)

egbert said:
Ah - feeling monstrously better today! It is day 4 - I must be nearing ketosis despite having to pop down the small quaffs of coke to beat the sugar lows over th last fe days, because today I feel alive, awake, happy and thinner!

Yay to ketosis. I'll be going through detox over the next few days. I hope I don't take it out on my family -- I've been away a lot and it might make them wish I'd leave again!

egbert said:

I'll be joining you on the cranky days and can't wait to get past them!

Hello hello missed you guys, will post later and fill you in on me but glad your ok and managed to get back on cd without to much pain x

Hi Egbert!!! How's it all going? :)

Back