It's now or never

First weigh in - I am only seeing my CDC every 2 weeks so I am actually 11 days into the CD. Anyway - 11.5 pounds off in 11 days - fantastic! Feeling very good today - the sun is out, it's my day off, I am losing weight and it's my daughters first sports day. How exciting!

Just decided to try my cappuccino with hot water. Hmm - not sure about it. The first few tastes were nice, very creamy. By the bottom it was just too rich and frothy.

What other concoctions are there to try . . .

Well I woke up this morning feeling tired and fed up after the mini monsters kept me up all night. So I had a look at y weight loss chart to see that downward line to motivate me. I do not want to see it turning upwards.

Coffee in bed from my lovely fiancee ( ooh, not sure I have written that down before - fiancee :D:D) and it's time to get up and grab my shake -lol. Here goes another day of the new me:flirt2:

Goodness me that Oriental Chilli soup is spicy. I am not normally keen on spice but have to admit the flavour is staying with me so keeping any thoughts of other foods away.

I have also tried some of the bars now - the chocolate chew bar leaves a rather foul aftertaste! Still, it was a change to have a chew.

Made the family chicken, chips and carrots tonight - they are getting all the meals I am not keen on so I am not too tempted, which they think is great as it means less salad, stir fries or healthy stuff! I did sneak an oven chip which also reminded me why I don't think much of them!:eek:

Another day almost through and so far so good. I feel like a drowning man in a desert - must drink water, but there is just too much!:p

Well it's been a long day, keeping the peace while my OH starts to feel the pangs of nicotine withdrawal. Seriously, what a grumpy arse. He even said he just feels angry and wants us all to go out and leave him alone. So, I took the kids to a mates for a break, but not until I had pointed out that this is how PMT feels and I go through it regularly without being such a git.:D

Honestly, apologies to all you men but tch, you can be such wusses!:D

Anyway, a shake for breaky, a choc orange chew bar in Tescos (not bad, the best bar I have tried so far although it has a real lingering aftertaste), soup at 4 and a hot vanilla shake with a shot of expresso for dinner. Not feeling hungry either although I have not drank anywhere near enough water :sigh:

I have a real bad sore throat coming now though - and tomorrow I am delivering 5 hours of training, so I am afraid it's going to be Beechams and Strepsils if I have to. I hope they don't mess me up too much! :break_diet:

Finally, kids in bed, time to relax with Mr Grouchy:p

Somebody else mentioned on their diary that they had a sore throat. :( It went away for her, hopefully it won't linger too much for you!

Sorry about a grumby hubby. :eek: Men would not be able to handle having a uterus at all!!! ;)

What are Breechams and Strepsils? :eek:

If he's really having difficulty get him an electronic cigarette. I got one for my oh when we quit 5 weeks ago and its really helped him. I knew if he started smoking again I wouldn't have the willpower to stay off them on my own. You need your oh to be in a positive place to help you give up the food you're addicted to!
Good luck!

We have an ecig but he doesnt want to use it - just happier to shout at us I guess!

So - Day 15. Well today has been the stress day from hell at work, starting from the moment I got there till I left, 20 minutes late. I stuck to the CD though, and didn't stray. Plus I didn't smoke - my head was saying 'stress, have a fag' but I didnt really want one. Luckily I didnt really have time either which helped :sigh:

So - another day of well behaved me. I am so tempted to go hunt some chocolate now though - my legs are aching from all the standing and running about, a hot bath hasn't helped . . . :cry:

I think I was dreaming last night about roast potatoes and garlic chicken :D I wonder if this is normal, to have dreams about food? :rolleyes: Well, early night to avoid the chocolate calling me from the kitchen! :p

:)Today is a better day:)

I think that should be my mantra!

Well, after a good nights sleep I have lost another pound, so I am glad now I stuck to it yesterday and didn't fall prey to the chocolate or cigarette devils. :D

I am starting to think about what will happen after diet - I know it is a bit premature but I dont want to go putting it all back on, so I am planning to start exercise before I hit my target so by the time I am there it will be a habit. I just wish there was some sunshine about to encourage me to be out an about. :rolleyes:

You could come over here to Iowa where we are having a massive heat wave with a humidity index of 45 degrees celsius!!! :faint2: ;)

What I have seen other people do on minimins is make a list of healthy foods they can eat once they are maintaining. Planning 30 min or exercise 4-5 days a week is wise for those of us who generally have a slower metablism as well (ahem*me*!) :D

This is an article I read that is spot-on for healthy eating: Cheryl Forberg, RD: Weight Loss Tips To Help You "Lose Big" At Home

Thanks - it seems that every where is having a heatwave now except the UK. This has to be one of the worst Julys ever - although maybe we will have a great August instead *crosses fingers and toes in hope*.

:sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh:

Having a real down day today. My toddler is being a grumpy man today, I am so fed up of watching the Disney channel, I hate Imagination Movers!!!:mad:

The scales have not budged in 3 days - (in fact if I look at the part pounds they have gone up but thats taking it to extremes:eek:) - and I have been so good so I don't see why. :mad:

I have a mums night out tomorrow which I helped organise so I cant really miss - my intention is to have a healthy low carb lunch and then just a few drinks, but mainly stick to coke. And make it early so I am not tempted by after drinks pizza. :sigh::sigh:

The weather is so pants, it's cold and wet and miserable and I would normally cuddle up with my toddler, a blanket, a coffee and a packet of biscuits, but instead I am sipping water and 'working' on my computer all day. :mad::sigh::cry:

Moan moan moan.

*slaps face*

Right - enough of that! Where is my 'can do' attitude!:rolleyes: I can get through today, I will plan a special tasty but healthy lunch as my treat for tomorrow, and I will lose a pound by Sunday! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Any suggestions for a nice healthy lunch before I sink a few vodkas tomorrow?

Well, I'm not familiar with the Cambridge Diet so I really don't have suggestions :eek:

I know it's actually quite common for many women to STS (stay the same) for up to a couple of weeks or so and then all of a sudden they lose half a stone--so don't fret too much!

I also suggest only weighing yourself once a week. That's what I try to do (though occasionally I'm guilty of scale-hopping :eek: )

Ooops - had a little accident today :break_diet:

Well I was planning a day off tomorrow as I have a mums night out but was going to be controlled. But my mate called to remind me it's her birthday and she was having a meal in the pub, so I intended to feed the kids there. But ended up having half a kids meal myself - chicken nuggets and chips. :family2:

I am surprised though that just a small meal actually made me want more food than if I had just had my soup. I wonder what the difference will be on the scales!

Well, a small slip is ok, so long as I am back on track Saturday morning as planned!:rolleyes:

Wooohhoooooo!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Well after 3 days of no movement on the scales and my mini kids meal last night I have lost another pound. Which makes my 'unofficial weight loss 1 stone in 19 days! :D:D:D:D:D

And just in time for my 1st naughty day, as I am out tonight with the mums from school,so right on target. Still, I am not going to completely wreck it all today, the aim is not to lose 1 stone in 3 weeks, gain it in 3 minutes!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

So, for breakfast I have had poached eggs (from our own hens - delish!) Lunch I am planning on some home grown salad and then before I go out, a chicken breast (not from our own hens!) with home grown potatoes. That should give me just the right base for a few vodkas and back on the wagon tomorrow!
:D:D:D

Oh I am very happy today! ;)

Back