It's now or never

Egbert, you know you can do it! Like you once said 'Oh well, gotta have a life!' I'll never forget that. I say that to myself these days. It really helps. Life happens and you always manage to get back on track which is what matters. Knuckle down, it's the homestretch now! X

Thanks Cee

I have been very very naughty over the last few days - I had a break over the weekend, and entirely meant to get back on to the track on Monday, but then we had the leaving day for the majority of my workmates and all ended up in the pub. Today I am on my last week at work, and again got sidetracked by the leaving grub.

But - I did drink a lot of water and tomorrow I am fully hitting the plan. No more messing about. Now I have 2 pounds of backtracking to do before I can work on my stone!

Apologies to everyone reading this, and how food has cropped up so often recently. No more messing in this house though!

egbert said:
Thanks Cee

I have been very very naughty over the last few days - I had a break over the weekend, and entirely meant to get back on to the track on Monday, but then we had the leaving day for the majority of my workmates and all ended up in the pub. Today I am on my last week at work, and again got sidetracked by the leaving grub.

But - I did drink a lot of water and tomorrow I am fully hitting the plan. No more messing about. Now I have 2 pounds of backtracking to do before I can work on my stone!

Apologies to everyone reading this, and how food has cropped up so often recently. No more messing in this house though!

Me and you must start a joint diary "Egbert back tracks" "mama back tracks" it's hard when you get to the last stone. I have been dancing between 7 to 12 to go (I will not go over that st marker lol) me and you come on chick, your wedding and my 10th anniversary (omg) an I have not dress shopped yet (going to do the wedding my in-laws refused to attend renewal on a beach in Mexico here I come) xx

It's okay Egbert, my diary's looked very much like yours as of late. It's that time of year isn't it!

Its a combination of the weather changing, and my redundancy I think. But - going to make an effort form tomorrow.

Me and you must start a joint diary "Egbert back tracks" "mama back tracks" it's hard when you get to the last stone. I have been dancing between 7 to 12 to go (I will not go over that st marker lol) me and you come on chick, your wedding and my 10th anniversary (omg) an I have not dress shopped yet (going to do the wedding my in-laws refused to attend renewal on a beach in Mexico here I come) xx

We can do it Mama - maybe thats what we need, to spur each other on. Shall we have a challenge, to get back into ketosis by Sunday?!

10 years - wow. Anniversary dress shopping sounds great fun - how much do you want to spend on a dress because I saw some gorgeous dresses while wedding dress shopping - roughly the same price but more evening wear, so suitable for a wedding and can be used again! That would motivate me! :D Then again, my wedding dress should too.

Mexico is beautiful, have you been before? Which part are you going to?

I have been twice to Mexico and my first baby named after riviera maya (maya) it was our honeymoon destination and the last long haul holiday before a found out I was pregnant. Yes race you lol keto by Sunday lol (I'm at 12 to go and don't see my consultant since I trained and feel like no one is checking up on me to **** it lol)
X

I will check in daily! We went to Cancum, were a bit put off by the amount of tourists, but visited Chichenitza - amazing place. Yes - we haven't done a long haul sine we started the kids, but looking forward to our honeymoon so we can leave them with my mum and have a long haul to somewhere new. I am thinking Sri Lanka, lots to see there and I like the Indian Ocean.

Ooh - our honeymoon was in Sri Lanka. Excellent value for money - we had nine days there for the same price as three days in venice.

9934_188080648974_652123974_3827662_4016714_n.jpg

if you want any details of what we did. just ask!

Cancun is fab in small amounts but fell in love with the riviera maya also stayed at the excellence playa mageres just after it opened (adults only) and the French restaurant was the best of your still looking for a honeymoon destination, Aruba is also amazing x

I will have a looks at new places today I think, not a lot of work on - 2 days to unemployment!

Spangles, I would love to hear about things to do and see in Sri Lanka! We went to Kenya for a safari but I would like to ride an elephant!

right - so you'll probably stay at the coast, but when you get there you should book a couple of days in the interior - we went to the elephant orphanage on the first day of this. the actual elephant riding was a place just near the orphanage that our driver asked if we wanted to go to. he probably took a kick back for taking us, but it was an wonderful experience and anyway, that's how sri lanka works - kickbacks and tips. anyway, then the elephant orphanage proper. we went at the right time to see them all troupe down to the river and bathe. just brilliant. Then we saw a tea plantation and then we went to Kandi, which is the historic/cultural capital. we did some sightseeing (botanical garden, temples) and saw a cultural show (dance/masks. brilliant stuff). next day we saw some temples carved into the mountains, and a really old palace, also carved into a hillside. very impressive. our driver also took us for a massage - really strong, almost brutal - and to see a spice garden (which was a big old sales pitch).

if you can, avoid being taken to spice gardens and jewellery shops. you'll get fairly high pressure sales. the drivers all get paid for taking you there, so the way to avoid it is, if they mention it, say - "i'll pay you X amount if you don't take us to any of these places". we did that towards the end of our trip. much easier. You will end up tipping loads. it's how the economy works and these people are very, very poor. try not to resent it.

we also went on a couple of trips by tuktuk - which is a great way to experience the feeling of the place, if a little hair-rasing (sri lankans drive like loons, it's all about the overtaking). We met a tuk tuk driver on our second day who took us to the nearest town. He suggested an excursion to a nearby waterfall the next day, which was great. Then we negotiated a day trip with him. We went to Galle, which is an old colonial town. Really lovely atmosphere. On the way we went to a placve with a turtle conservation project - they hatch hundreds of baby turtles a week. it was so cute! he also took us to the fish market - all the catches being sold early in the morning between fishermen and traders - not for the weak of stomach - and to a guy who took us on a small boat around an inlet and into a mangrove swamp. we saw loads of wildlife including baby crocodiles and monitor lizards. On the way back, and by my special request we also saw a museum of masks, and we bought one as our souvenir of the holiday.

most unlike me - but we got loads done. sri lanka isn't much for nightlife, and the tourism industry isn't slick and well-developed... but it's brilliant. so friendly, cheap (despite alllll the tips. honestly not overstating this element), and fascinating.

get a decent guide book and plan your own local excursions - make a deal with a driver. the centre (kandi etc) is probably best booked through an organised company, but it'll probably be just you and a driver in a a fairly beat up car (with air con!) anyway.

Thanks Spangles, I will make a note of all the good things to see - we like to do a lot of visiting on our holidays.

Well, penultimate day at work - I had all my tasks done by 950, spent the last 2 hours on the internet and am SO bored it is unbelieveable. I resent the fact I am paying childcare to sit here.

But worse is that I am surrounded by chocolates and cakes and crisps and sweets and I am so tempted to scoff everything in sight, out of sheer boredom.

I know the reasoning, I can hear myself arguing with my stomach - there is a full blown conversation going off in my head. Really, I would be worried about hearing voices, but I am concentrating too hard on not scoffing! lol

Been good so far, off to have my soup in 15 minutes!

You dont need any of that stuff just think how bad you will feel if you ate any of it. Water and more Internet shopping

Well, left work early, got home and wanted to munch, so I had a CD bar instead. I guess if I am going to eat more than the allotted number of meals, having the extra in a CD bar will at least keep me heading towards ketosis!

I noticed during the day you do bloat out so I wouldnt worry to much it will go. Try to stick to it though results are well worth it. I have been very good I have even sat in resturants with my family and watched them eat just sitting there with my water. Have been on SS for 5 weeks now and not cheated once am soo proud of myself.

Start Weight: 17 st 9 lbs
Goal Weight: 11st 6 lbs
Start Date: 05/10/2011
Target Date: 30/03/2012
Lose Weight for my Wedding Day!

WK 1 - Lost 9lbs
Wk 2 - Lost 5.5 lbs
Wk 3 - Lost 9lbs
Wk 4 - Lost 3.8 lbs
Wk 5 - Lost 4.8 lbs
Current Weight 15st 7lbs

Last edited:
Yesterday went well. Today is my last day at work. 13 years in the same job. Wow, it's a weird morning. I have been awake since 5, for some reason I have been trying to plan the logistics of getting the kids to the wedding all morning, rather than think about leaving work.

Still, back on SS yesterday and the 2lb I added on over the weekend are gone. So, back to the grindstone again today. I want 5 lb off by my next weigh in!

Wow well done on the 2lb have another great day, try to enjoy your last day and think of it as a new start and a chance for something new.

I had 2 very young bridesmaids and didn't see them till just before as I had my mum and mum in law sorting them x

Back