It's now or never

Omg I have failed today. Been nibbling cheese, a few sweets and 2 boiled eggs. I tried to stick to low carb but went high cal instead. Grrrrr. I assume it's TOTM cos I have just been munchie. Very cross with me :(

STS!

10.7. Can I do 7 lbs in 2 weeks. Considering I am averaging 1lb a week right now, I would say not. :(
Going to fail at this target, and then I will be marching towards my dress fitting.

I have finally ordered my wedding cake though, so that's a decision made. Now, still to chooser between rose trees or bay trees to decorate the ceremony room . . .

Also still need xmas pressies for brothers £20 each, and OH, up to £100 ish. Still need ideas. . .

Xmas really quenches any shopping urges I have, by the time it's done I cant face anymore till march!

I was the same yesterday at WI I was 10,7.8 and today I have spelt last night and down to 10,5.4????? So to make myself feel better I'm using today's WI as my week lol

STS again. How frustrating. I am going to assume its water retention for TOTM - I loses track of when mine are! But the pmt helps give me a clue lol

Keep looking at all those amazing losses, you so close to your goal! Congratulations on staying so focused, I am working through your diary as we speak and really enjoying it.

x

Morning Ladies,

I think the weather does not help with the munchies (and nor does the stress of having exploding bottoms -- I feel bad your DD -- Yuck!) -- you, also... been there and done that.

If the daily weighing helps keep you on track, then I can't argue with it. I know that the CBT books all say that it is Not Good because of the ups and downs of water, etc.

You are doing well to not go insane at this time of year and totally lose the plot re: food. So, some crisps, sweets, an early bar (and certainly not two bolied eggs) are nothing to cry over. Draw a line under it and move on... focus on somethign other than hunger, food, etc. Put on some holiday music and try to realax.

What kind of cake? With the little bride and groom on top? Flavours?

Hummm, roses or bay trees... both sound lovely.

It must feel good to be making decisions. As far as the dress goes -- ask how hard it would be to take a nip and tuck? I had my dress final fitting just a couple of days before the wedding, because the stress reduced me to a UK size 2 (that was many, many years ago). And they had to pad the bust *sigh*...

LOL Mel - I would never be a size 2, even as a teenager, I jus don't have the bones for it - wide all round - lol. Well, we might have to pad my bust, not because it is too small, but to iron out some of the flop (thank you kids!) :)

We are actually having a cheesecake - I love cheesecake, not so keen on sponge and hate fruit cake, as does OH. We went and tested a few out, and I spent ages deliberating - a sponge would be so much more sensible since it can stay out on display, lasts days etc . . .

The cheesecake is causing some issues, it has to be kept in the chiller until we want it, I need to decide when we are going to cut it, the hotel need to work out how they can carry it out to put on display etc. But, we can manage. PLus my mum says no one will want cheesecake after a 3 course meals or a lot of beer (if we served it at the evening food part) . . . but, OH said I need to have what I wanted and he liked the idea of a cheesecake because it is different. The Cake maker is going to decorate it to look like normal chocolate wedding cake, on tiers with flowers tumbling down, and it will only be when we cut it people realise it is cheesecake (honeycomb and chocolate to be precise).

I am having a special cake topper made, which is a surprise for OH, with his pride and joy, his AC Cobra, and us sitting in it. Poor cake lady is having a nightmare with me - sponge obviously is more sturdy and can support tiers and things, cheesecake is soft. She is having to work out how to support all this weight - another reason we can't let the cake melt and go soft - lol. She is going to have to pre drill holes in the cake board to add support to the doweling.

Oh - and today I am ordering my table centrepieces - sweet trees from Riviera. OK - a bit expensive for centrepieces but they will also double as favours and the kids will love them. Yes - I have a sweet tooth, thats why I needed to diet. And I will put a stone on just at my own wedding - lol.

I know my dress fits now, so any weight I lose is a bonus. I don't think it will need taking in really, just up. I am trying to decide whether to buy a bra for under it - it is strapless and boned, but I think I will just feel more secure with a bra. . .

I am getting excited - but was out with my SIL today and someone we bumped into asked me how it was going, so I answered them, at which point my SIL said 'not talking about the wedding again are you, you are becoming a bore'. Pretty good way to make me feel small and rubbish in front of people. Sometimes she is a real cow. Feeling a bit low now, I know it is the dregs of PMT though. But I didn't need that - goodness I listen to her drone on about her dogs enough.

Anyway, this has turned into a whinge and a rant, and a wedding bore - So I will go now and do some tidying.

Nooooooooooooo! I LOVE wedding planning! Ignore the old cow.

Your cheesecake will work: where there's a will there's a way. But don't be so sure about how much you'll eat. I barely ate at my own wedding cos I was too excited (and once the evening wore on, I was a bit 'refreshed'). I never got any of our wedding cake at all! Or any of the yummy cheeses etc in the evening.

Well, I am aiming at having the main course and the cheesecake - I will wander about during the rest I expect :) I definitely want the bubbly though!

I had my main and that was it I didn't get any of my wedding cake, I didn't even see the 7 layer chocolate cake I had ordered but was told it was nice, oh's family are like ants when it comes to parties and food lol

Have you ever heard of a groom's cake? In the U.S. there is fancy sponge type tiered wedding cake with the bride and groom on top (traditional) and that is usually white or yellow... then there is smaller cake made up of whatever suits the couple... and the decoration on that is all about the groom... his fishing hobby, sports team, etc. maybe you could do the cheesecake with the sports car for the grooms' cake and the traditional one to be served to everyone else. It would probably cost less and you'd get what you want without having people complain about you being different. Just a thought.

Seriously google groom's cakes and click on images.
groom-wedding-cake19.jpg

My mil made a fantastic looking wedding cake but nothing like I asked for I blame myself we got so stressed we booked a last min holiday for a week in Cyprus and left everyone (parents) to finish everything, we landed back in the uk friday dinner got married the Saturday and went on honeymoon to Mexico on the Monday. They wanted everything there way we just wanted to be married. Note to self DON'T try to please everyone ever again, we're doing vows how we wanted (on a beach somewhere hot) for our 10th anniversary. It's the year after next and I can get in to my wedding dress (but might need something lighter)

mama22 said:
My mil made a fantastic looking wedding cake but nothing like I asked for I blame myself we got so stressed we booked a last min holiday for a week in Cyprus and left everyone (parents) to finish everything, we landed back in the uk friday dinner got married the Saturday and went on honeymoon to Mexico on the Monday. They wanted everything there way we just wanted to be married. Note to self DON'T try to please everyone ever again, we're doing vows how we wanted (on a beach somewhere hot) for our 10th anniversary. It's the year after next and I can get in to my wedding dress (but might need something lighter)

It sounds lovely.

Well - you can write this weekend off as a total failure. I think I am going to have to accept this last 7 lbs won't shift before the dress fittings and just concentrate on trying to maintain this weight and not go in the wrong direction over xmas.

I have weigh in on Thursday - hoping for a STS.

Spent most of the day sitting on the sofa with poorly sick baby son, and just feel fat and lazy, although i did fit in some ironing. I think I might do some virtual shopping to get some virtual exercise in now :)

Sorry to hear you have had a tough weekend egbert,

You still have two whole weeks till Crimbo, plenty of time to get back on the weight loss wagon :).

You have done so so so well keep thinking positive! I was just looking at your weight loss chart and there is no doubt in my mind that you will get through Christmas with no gain, look at those two planned breaks where you maintained!

Hope it is nothing serious with you son and that he feels better soon.

X

Oh Hun hope your lo is better soon. I have had a Christmas lunch today with oh's department at work prawn cocktail followed by salmon in dill then a cheese board I didn't eat, had terrible stomach ache after the main dont think my body is happy with 2 courses (should have been 4 but I couldn't eat it)
Back to being good tomorrow x

Well - you can write this weekend off as a total failure. I think I am going to have to accept this last 7 lbs won't shift before the dress fittings and just concentrate on trying to maintain this weight and not go in the wrong direction over xmas.

Solid plan. And change that last target to read: weigh 10 stones (no date -- too much pressure).

I have weigh in on Thursday - hoping for a STS.

STS beats a gain and with a poorly baby and this time of year -- it is a Christmas Miracle.

Spent most of the day sitting on the sofa with poorly sick baby son, and just feel fat and lazy, although i did fit in some ironing.

Impressive.

I think I might do some virtual shopping to get some virtual exercise in now :)

How virtuous of you! ;)

(((((HUGS)))))

Oh Hun hope your lo is better soon. I have had a Christmas lunch today with oh's department at work prawn cocktail followed by salmon in dill then a cheese board I didn't eat, had terrible stomach ache after the main dont think my body is happy with 2 courses (should have been 4 but I couldn't eat it)
Back to being good tomorrow x

Hmm - funny you mentioned that - yesterday I had 2 glasses of wine with food, and I was awake in the night with stomach ache and felt dodgy all morning.

Last time I had some drinks my stomach burned all night. I think it is really important to line the stomach with more than just protein if drinking.

Sorry to hear you have had a tough weekend egbert,

You still have two whole weeks till Crimbo, plenty of time to get back on the weight loss wagon :).

You have done so so so well keep thinking positive! I was just looking at your weight loss chart and there is no doubt in my mind that you will get through Christmas with no gain, look at those two planned breaks where you maintained!

Hope it is nothing serious with you son and that he feels better soon.

X

You are right - I was thinking about this. We see Christmas as a week or 2 of indulgence, but actually its only one day, possible 2, then a week off before NY - there is no need to gorge every day in between.

I think I will stick to CD but not expect to get into ketosis, and see how we go.

Back