It's now or never

Yay 2 lbs of water and glycogen gone. I do like the first week or two where it all just drops off. Plus motivated to get through day 2.

Off to the shops today to get Water and the kids food for the week, Dd starts back at school today but OH is still off and spending the week with me. Yay.

Hope your getting on ok

First day of SS today and it's not going to bad but I have loads to keep me busy (need to find somewhere for all my new shoes lol)

Ok - I have behaved today (a single quality street counts as behaving right?)

Feeling right poorly though and really want some medicine

Argh - typed out my post and it disappeared.

Anyway - I have been behaved today (one quality street counts as behaved right?)

I did feel right poorly though. I am going to have to be having medicine and lemsip soon, no matter what it does.

Oh - and now i have two posts.

Well - weigh in day today. 2lbs on over xmas, which is not too bad I guess. CDC als said that I need to think about introducing food 4-6 weeks before the wedding and should work up the steps, so that at wedding and honeymoon time I don't get the stomach aches and sudden weight gain caused by just chucking food in willy nilly. So - this is really my last week of SS, next week will be SS+ to see how that goes.

Actually I am a little relieved I think. Going back to SS after xmas is really hard. So this way I can get in a few prawns without feeling guilty but still need to display some control.

Last edited:
I am having an interesting time getting back on the wagon also. I also have gained a couple of pounds over Christmas, and that on top of the few pounds I gained since school started has me at the very top of the healthy BMI range, which is serious motivation for sure!

Is SS+ easier or more strict than SS?

Morning Egbert --

Oh dear, awful. Just stood on the scales and almost cried. Disgusting! A few days of solid indulgence and it is disgusting how fast the weight goes up.

This post made me feel so sad, but I read on and things are looking better. So Yay for that.

Sme of it surely must just be food weight inside me and will come out in a loo trip??? It cannot be possible to put so many pounds of fat on in a day.

It's not and water weighs a ton. I made that mistake.. drank a litre of water right before a weigh in. Weighed showing a STS... attended the meeting and had a wee... and showed a 2 pound loss!

We have a beach party themed new years go to tonight and traditionally I am In charge of cocktails. What I really want to do is just get on the diet right now.

Sounds liek fun... was it?

Fat heavy disgusting overindulgent slob! Tomorrow is diet day big time!

Please do not call yourself names. You are only human and are taking steps to make positive changes.

On the one hand I make excellent cocktails. On the other, I am far too good at drinking them too. God, felt murky and muggy all day. But - thats it. 2012 has begun and tomorrow its fast track CD diet, 4 days to weigh in and I will be in ketosis by then - time to get rid of the last stone!

Are you? I do not always slip into ketosis so fast.

So - new year resolutions. I don't really believe in them and never keep them. But this year - I will keep the weight off. I will lose the last stone. i will get married. Now those, I think I can keep. :)

You can and will!

Oh for blimey it is so hard restarting after 2 weeks off. I am so hungry right now, forgot what this bit is like and its only day 1.

I know... and I am so cranky.

More water! More water! More water!

Ditto!

Yay 2 lbs of water and glycogen gone. I do like the first week or two where it all just drops off. Plus motivated to get through day 2.

Fab results!

Off to the shops today to get Water and the kids food for the week, Dd starts back at school today but OH is still off and spending the week with me. Yay.

And my OH has changed his schedule so he is going in earlier than ever.

Well done lovely. I'm off with my fella this week too......trying to avoid temptation!
x

Enjoy your week!

Hope your getting on ok

First day of SS today and it's not going to bad but I have loads to keep me busy (need to find somewhere for all my new shoes lol)

Hummm, what size do you wear? I might be able to store them for you. ;)

I think this week is going to find homes (maybe ebay) for some of my old clothes/shoes. I need a good tidy and clear out.

I really want to do this -- I clear out, but once I make myself do it I am not patient enough to try and ebay it. And, I've done one boot sale and it is not for me.

Ok - I have behaved today (a single quality street counts as behaving right?)

One is demonstrating restraint. Well done.

Feeling right poorly though and really want some medicine

Sorry.

I am having an interesting time getting back on the wagon also. I also have gained a couple of pounds over Christmas, and that on top of the few pounds I gained since school started has me at the very top of the healthy BMI range, which is serious motivation for sure!

But still at a healthy bmi. So YAY!

Is SS+ easier or more strict than SS?

SS+ is the CD plus some milk (like in your tea or coffee). Not a lot. I think 1/4 a cup of skim. I am doing CD810/1000 which is two meal replacements, and one low carb, low fat, low cal meal. (I use the South Beach cookbook and have a Phase One meal.) The losses are not that different than when I am solesource.

I hope you are feeling better soon, Eggie.
(((((HUGS)))))

Mel

SS+ is either some milk or very small meal of chicken (or other meats) and 2 tablespoons of veg, I think. Unless I read it wrong?

Anyway, OH is having 1 meal due to his determination to exercise on top, despite the CdC telling him he shouldn't. So last night I also replaced one soup with a small chicken breast. It filled me up so fast I felt bloated.

Scales are up by 1 lb today, but that with lemsips and cough mix and every thing else is probably not helping so I am not too worried. If I am still heading in the wrong direction tomorrow I'll rethink this SS+ for a few more weeks.

Hi mel. Did you have a good new year? Our new year party was fab, I had a great time.

Well this week has been both stressful due to a few family complications, but also great to have some extra time with OH.

Hen night is planned and booked and now the lovely ladies involved appear to be having planning sessions without me, so I dread to think what they will come up with. I was planning on a nice quiet gossip and bubbly. Fingers crossed that happens!

Few more little details to plan now and we are all sorted. Still having a shoe crisis. I have the shoes I like but still worried about the heel and being taller than Oh. he says it ok, but I don't feel right about it. So , guess I will just have to do more shoe shopping!

Hi mel. Did you have a good new year?

It was much better than I expected.

Our new year party was fab, I had a great time.

Glad to hear this.

Well this week has been both stressful due to a few family complications, but also great to have some extra time with OH.

A little balance there. I hope the family things get sorted soon.

Hen night is planned and booked and now the lovely ladies involved appear to be having planning sessions without me, so I dread to think what they will come up with. I was planning on a nice quiet gossip and bubbly. Fingers crossed that happens!

I hope there is at least one "hen" involved who "has your back". ;)

Few more little details to plan now and we are all sorted. Still having a shoe crisis. I have the shoes I like but still worried about the heel and being taller than Oh. he says it ok, but I don't feel right about it. So , guess I will just have to do more shoe shopping!

I'd try not to be taller than the OH because of the photos thing. Other than that -- if he is not bothered then good.

Mel

Well, another day of good behaviour. Replaced one soup with 1 chicken breast (no veg because we didn't have at in the house that was green, just the kids favourites, carrots and sweet corn) but still, that keeps me on the calorie line and within SS + lines I think. I will be interested to see whether tomorrow I am up or down though. In theory I should still lose on SS + - ill be peeved if I don't.

Not sure the lemsips are helpi g though :(

Well, another day of good behaviour. Replaced one soup with 1 chicken breast (no veg because we didn't have at in the house that was green, just the kids favourites, carrots and sweet corn) but still, that keeps me on the calorie line and within SS + lines I think. I will be interested to see whether tomorrow I am up or down though. In theory I should still lose on SS + - ill be peeved if I don't.

Not sure the lemsips are helpi g though :(

There must be a lot of new or returned CD'ers - the diary page is full and i keep losing my diaary onto page 2 - lol. Its January!

Well day 5 of the re-start, shall we call it the January attack plan, and I am 6lbs down, or just 1lb above the pre-xmas indulgences. So - I am happy with that, especially since I am now replacing one shake a day with a SS+ meal at night - SO far OH and I have had a chicken breast with small amount of green veg 2 nights running - and i have to say it still makes me feel full very quickly.

So current weight is 10.8 - 8 lbs to go to target - any more is just going to be a reward! I can do 8lbs in Jan surely!

Still full of cough and phlegm - yuch. OH is being very nice this morning and has taken the kids downstairs so I can get a lie in. Partly because I am up 2 or 3 times a night with our 2 year old who is currently going through mummy clingyness and wants to be with me all the time. OH sleeps through everything, doesnt even wake up when DS is in our bed wriggling and kicking and trying to sleep on top of me. And then, because I have also been waking up coughing and trying to breath, he said I should lie in and has brought me my coffee in bed. :)

So wedding news - where are we. I cant remember what I have said before - I have ordered the centerpiece - we are having sweet trees. So tables are all sorted onw, I just have to do some crafty bits and bobs with my mum in a few weeks to sort the candles - I have the material, we are going to tie some organza round the holders in the wedding colours and then tie it onwith twine to add a more relaxed look. HOwever I now think I may also want some mirrir plates as the sweet trees I have ordered are the smaller ones - larger ones are far too costly. so I thought mirror plates would just add some depth.

I am still worrying my shoes are too high, and then realised that I have been worrying about this nor for 2 months and I may love the shoes but clearly am not happy with them for the wedding. So I am going to look for some more standard wedding shoes with a lower heel and then wear these out with my OH for our celebratory meal we are planning for before the wedding. So - more shoe shopping *sigh* :)

Hen night is booked - OH has been told his stag do is being planned.

I got a picture frame I needed for the 'signing book' last night - have I mentioned I am having wine bottles which everyone can write on in gold pen, and Ill have a sign in the frame asking guests to write on the bottles which we will then open every anniversary for the next 5 years. I have been looking for a frame we like for weeks - as we will put a wedding pic in it after - finally found one in Tescos of all places.

So - whats left to do . . . kids party bags and, I cant think of anything else . . . off to find my To Do list.

Honestly - what do the men do?

Well I have gone down by half a pound. Last night I had a small pork chop instead of chicken with technically isn't on the SS+ list. So, once on SS+ is half a pound a day about right - that's about 2 lb a week if I'm lucky. :(

Well, what to do today? I think I might drag my reluctant family away from their tv and go for a walk.

Added a new target to my sig - to try to do some exercise.
Well today i have got out the Wii Active my OH bought me when I was pg with my son - he is now 28 months! Anyway, I had a go and its manageable for a lazy exercise hating person like me, so thats 25 mins done. Then on the Wii fit which laughed at me - its only been 400 days since my last visit.

However - since I last went on the wii fit I have lost 3stone 7 lbs - :):):):) YAY me
Sometimes its nice to see a reminder.

So - 45 mins of exercise done today and I feel quite stretched out. :)

Back