It's now or never

Vivaldi's "Four Seasons: Spring" for your walk down the aisle (as you will be together through all kinds of weather and year after year -- and this the beginning.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-dYNttdgl0

or if you do not want classical how about "Always and Forever" for entering?

This is the perfect song for walking down the aisle -- the words and music are some of the most romantic and filled with future promise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDmMf0533fc

And, I think you can't beat Sonny and Cher's "I Got You, Babe" for exiting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylGrQVL774k

But, my favourite "romantic" song is "Reminiscing" by the Little River Band and it is full of anticipation

REMINISCING, The Little River Band - YouTube

-- oh, Carly Simon's "Anticipation" would be a good one for walking down the aisle. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NwP3wes4M8

hey-you.-hang-in-there.-its-almost-friday_780.gif

What a great week your having! Loving the posts so much, its really great to hear you so happy!

My husband and I have almost zero crossover taste in music, In fact - he only really likes the first two of these, it's just he didn't hate the third (he likes techno and drum and bass and dubstep etc... i let him have his way in most things, but I had to draw the line there!)

This was our walk in music. Has a bit of a Phil Spector retro vibe, but a modern indie edge - and it's about buying lots of shoes (and it's gorgeous, and i'm crying happy 'wedding memory' tears): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXGxVz2vFs4&feature=fvwrel

When we signed the register we had 'Simply Beautiful, by Al Green: Al Green - Simply Beautiful - YouTube

And as we walked out (and for our first dance, which was about everyone coming on the dancefloor and having a bop, rather than a romantic thing) we had more roughed-up sixties music: The Ramones' cover of Baby I Love You: The Ramones-Baby I Love You - YouTube

Gosh, yes - the dress! How exciting. what a wonderful day you're going to have.

Well - went for the dress fitting today. At first I put it on and was a little bit upset, it just didn't look right and I thought Id made a real mistake. Panic!

Then, the dress fitter pulled it in and the sides and down my hips, and it looked so much better again. It just all needs taking in where I have lost the weight - lol :)

I have to say that I was not as wowed as I was before, but I think that once its all fitted again it will be fine. And - the darn shoes! Must sort the darn shoes! :(:(

Anyway, DD also put on her dress and shoes to be fitted and looked a total princess - she is so much better already at this lady like stuff.

So - Positives for today
1. my mum is here to play
2. had the dress fitting and feel ok - another one in 2 weeks
3. Spoke to the jewellers and will be getting our rings on saturday

Love the first, noooo to the second (sorry)

Love that the dress needs taking in yey, I really hope you had a great day did your mum cry mine did. All little girls are princesses and your beautiful kiddies need to feel special to. Did she love her dress xx

My mum cried the first time she saw it, not today. I love the 1st shoes but they as black . . . Under an ivory dress?

DD is very pleased with her dress. Lots of prancing up and down in her feather shrug.

Also, still pondering the music but I think we will be walking out at the end to the . . .

. . .

Pirates of the Caribbean theme tune! Love it!

It should raise a few smiles!

Love the second shoes :) very nice

I like the black ones, but i do think they'll look wrong with a traditional wedding dress. i'm all for coloured wedding shoes, but black is somehow different.

The second ones i didn't like until the second two photos where the model is wearing them - then they look really cool (quite irregular choice-y, i think).

Well we have been out today and got ivory ribbon and some ivory and purple flowers to decorate the black shoes, so they look like possibilities. Also finally had a mail to say the Dorothys are on their way - so this is it. One way or another I will have shoes by next week!

So - went to town today to get LED candles, and came back without them but with ribbon and flowers.
Took mum to clinique to get a free make over, didn't manage that but did end up with some picture frames from M&S.
Took mum on a 25 miles trip to see the lady making my flowers, to discuss a fascinator for my mum. Failed again (the lady had to rush her mum to hospital and forgot to cancel the appointment - fair enough though) but did get all the candles completed for the tables.

Currently discussing table names. My mum says numbers. I was thinking of picking some of these (medieval castle theme)
Jester
Knight
Dames
Parson
Wench
Squire
Reeve
Yeoman
Pilgrim
Knave
Minstrel

OH just isn't contributing!

Then I was debating whether to set up a home made photo booth or not, OH says not to as I would have to leave laptop or camera out for people to use when drunk. Mum says there is enough for people to do and I don't have to entertain them.

But - OH is spending saturday working on wedding music and I have asked him to think about readings.

AND - very exciting

Tomorrow we pick up our rings, can't wait to see them. We had them made to our design from some old family wedding rings.
And then mum and I are off to have a hair trial and drop the secret cake topper off with the cake lady.

Oh and as this is a diet diary, I should mention that. Bit of a quandary now as the dress has been fitted and the lady has asked if I intend to lose more weight as that means more adjustments, so I need to maintain this size now. So - its STS is the name of the game for me! Which on the one hand is nice, but on the other, I really wanted the last 7 pounds off before the honeymoon.

Omg Egbert it all sounds fantastic can you plan my vows?????
Loving the medieval table names but please add lancelot and maximus my other half would have loved that.

Fingers crossed on the shoes the black with extras will be fab I'm sure failing this we are the same size so have a couple of pairs (including my wedding shoes, something old lol) that I'm sure would work.

Have you picked your music???

Just keep thinking as long as your married at the end of the day who cares about everything else. Xx

I know, the wedding is the important bit, the rest is just frippery.

I have thought about the photo booth idea and decided it just isn't necessary - we have plenty of photographers hanging about in the family, ill have pics of everyone. So - relax. No need to plan anymore. :)

WOuld love to plan your vows hun, but aren't you doing that abroad? Thats out of my area! Happy to help though, tell me what you need!

Hi Eggie,

My vote -- second shoes.

Love the music idea.

How about disposabel cameras on the tables and box for the be dropped in at the end of the evening.

Well - its been a long weekend.

We went to get our rings, we were having them specially made after seeing a design on the website of the jewellers which was close to what we had envisioned. But when we saw them, they were just so wrong - nothing like the picture and not what we wanted. OH was very upset - it was his design - and disappointed but doesn't like to say anything. So I got him outside and we discussed what we had wanted, then went back in and asked to see them again and asked the jeweller if it was possible to melt them back down and start again. Luckily it was (its 2 colours combined, we thought it might not be possible) so we have asked him to start again. After all, we are paying a lot for these.

This is the first thing to really go wrong apart form the engagement, so I should be relieved - but this is the thing we have really be waiting for, and I hate seeing OH so disappointed.

Anyway, then went to deliver the secret cake topper to the cake lady, who said she had tested my cheesecake design near a hot radiator and it stood up to the test of heat. So thats a relief.

And then we went on to my hair trial - and thats ok, pretty much sorted although I might make some changes.

Then got home and shoes number 7 had arrived. And they were GOPPING. So - sending them right back. Bit - I have a back up plan. My fav shoes which are unfortunately black, but we have put an ivory ribbon and some ivory flowers on them and it would be doable. And then I found some very similar in ivory on a website, so shoes number 8 have been ordered.

What else have I done this weekend . . . . best man gift ordered, decided on wine for the ushers (my brothers), bought pots for the bay trees and organised OH to get me some sand for them from his building site. Just need some decorative stones for the tops.

Then went online and ordered personalised shot glasses and wine glass charms for my hen night - which is on saturday - so less than a week now.

And finally, been quite well behaved on the whole SS+ and am STS now for a week. So - I think I am ready.

WoW !!! It is moving soooo fast.

I am so, so, sorry about your rings. They were so long overdue and then not done correctly. I have my fingers crossed that he gets it right asap -- and the the shoes are perfect!
images.jpg

Well my mum has left, the house is silent as the kids are both at school/nursery, I can finally think. I am possibly the only person who likes mondays! But, now I am thinking about it and getting more annoyed about my rings. I might drive over last in the week to check on hows it going.

I need to get on today - work, exercise and coursework to do, since I didn't get anything done at the weekend. I am also still waiting to hear about a second interview for this job I went for. And I need to find out about tax benefits etc for married couples as MIL has been here at the weekend telling me we will be worse off once married and I should work less hours so we are not penalised tax wise - which is a total contradiction from her normal message of work more so her poor precious son can work less.

Anyway - feeling a little down, although I know that is due to my mum going. :( Still - weight has remained steady despite having a meal a day. I am quite reassured by that. :)

5 sleeps to my hen night!

Ok - todays update

Shoes -

its either these -
Irregular Choice | Womens | Wedding Collection | Milk Mint

or these -
ME1 VINTAGE Ivory Lace Wedding Bridal Shoes / Boots Vintage wedding shoes [Vintage] - £55.00 : Glitzy n Glamorous!, Wedding Shoes | Bridal Shoes | Prom Shoes | Evening Occasion Shoes | Clutch Bags & Accessories

Other wedding news -
No news on the rings
MIL informs me that traditionally the men wear buttonholes, not the women, and the one I have ordered her won't match her outfit. Have informed her that she can wear it or not - and if I want it in the pics Ill photo shop it in later :)

Workwise - still nothing on my 2nd interview

Housewise - mum left 24 hours ago and the mess is mounting already

Dietwise - STS - again. Balanced on that wall and making no effort to leap either way.

I think thats it for today.:)

Back