It's now or never

both mothers at my wedding wore buttonholes, although technically they call them corsages and they were slightly different to the mens.

love both pairs of shoes - probably the first ones most. More quirky

a woman's buttonhole is also known as a corsage. ask her if she thinks men wear those, too. and then shove it up her moaning bum.

Hi Eggie,

My MIL wore a corsage as did any other person "helping" (book, cake, pianist, etc.). The ushers wore buttonaires.

I love the first shoes the most -- but they are VERY pricy and the heel seems quite high... I thought that was a concern. The second are lovely and ON SALE (two of my favourite words). ;)

WOW -- this all so soon. I hope the rings get sorted asap.

I am sorry you are missing you mum... but it is nice that she visited. It is also good that you weight is stable! No time more fittings!

The heels on the first shoes are not as bad as they look - they are only 2 cm shorter than my HIGH ones, but the slope seems much lower, so they are more comfortable to walk in. I think the heel on the other pair is actually the same, but much thinner so I may feel more unstable.

Well - hopefully they will arrive tomorrow and I can make the final decision. Although I am veering towards the first - I do love Irregular Choice.

good_evening_comment_graphic_02.jpg

The heels on the first shoes are not as bad as they look - they are only 2 cm shorter than my HIGH ones, but the slope seems much lower, so they are more comfortable to walk in. I think the heel on the other pair is actually the same, but much thinner so I may feel more unstable.

Or you will be after a few toasts! ;) Be sure to bring some flats to change into in case your feet do start to hurt.

Well - hopefully they will arrive tomorrow and I can make the final decision. Although I am veering towards the first - I do love Irregular Choice.

Do not decided until you have tried them on with the dress.

So soon... how exciting. Hen do soon, too.

Well - the shoes have come - I need to send the plainer shoes back for a larger size to try them properly - the Irregular Choice ones are very comfy . . .BUT . . . they feel quite chunky next to the other ones, and I feel more elegant in the lace shoes.

So, rather surprisingly it seems I will be going for the plainer ones as I felt more girlie, rather than the funky ones. Since I am not use to wearing a dress, I figure I need all the help I can get. Well, its weigh in day and I will be having a STS I think.

I have been 10.7 now for about 2 months - which at least means I know I can maintain it. I am debating now whether to eeven carry on with CD now till after the wedding - I am paying a lot for the products and not really sticking to the diet at all . . . .

But then, if I change now I might put on weight, which I dont want to do before the wedding.

What to do?

i think you need to be careful now to maintain before the wedding. the way you do CD seems to achieve that fairly easily, and it's not for very long now - so i reckon stick with it until the wedding. afterwards you can reassess an experiment, because a failed experiment will no longer mean you can't fit in your wedding dress.

maybe after the wedding you could take yourself through the CD steps properly?

Don't try to change anything now you will kick yourself if you gain the glycogen just before your big day.

I do like the second pair you could always add ribbon, flowers ect yourself to alter them xx

Morning Eggie!!!

YAY! I think the shoe situation is nearly resolved. I liked Spangles suggestion of holding your own until after the wedding, then working your way up the steps properly. Then you couls consider moving over to WW or SW to continue working on food management skills, beign weighed for accountibility and group support.

Well - had weigh in and had STS as expected, all measurements the same too. I also mentioned to my CDC that this weekend was my hen, so I was not planning on doing CD over the next few days, since then I am spending a lot on products for nothing. She was a little upset, but as I explained, I can still have a can of soup for the same calories and half the price and its only 4 days.

She also suggested that if I really wanted to I could still lose the last 7 pounds in the next 28 days without changing much more of a dress size, but I think I am happy to maintain as I am now. Its safer, the dress will be fitted to my current size.

I bet you now I am actively trying to stay the same, it all goes wrong! haha

Anyway, shoes situation is pretty much resolved, and as you said Mama I can add some flowers on if I want - I already bought some to try on my black shoes so all sorted there.

Anyway - the count down is on - in 24 hours I pick up my oldest mate from the train station, and then the hen weekend begins. It can only get messy from here on in . . . :)

Hmm - slight weight increase today, but then I did not drink any water yesterday :( No need to go insnare and put on a stone in one weekend *slaps self*

I really should be sorting out a table plan today, but I cannae be bothered. House to tidy before my mate arrives and work to do, so I think I will play online for a bit, then run around like a nutter.

Shoes have gone back and size up ordered, fingers crossed they fit, and thats sorted.

NO word on our rings yet though :( Ill email him now.

So - I organised the hen night in as far as I booked the night out at the castle for the dungeon feast, and hotels. Then the girlies went off behind my back to sort something or other out from 2-7. So far I have had 2 mates making all sorts of silly threats about pink pom poms and spandex - silly because there is no way I would play along with that! *miserable cow face*

Another friend has called in a panic she will ruin it because she is old - laughed at her for being one of the youngest there, my mates are all a lot older than me.

Another friend called to complain she had not had a say in helping organise it and instead was just told by the others what to do. This is the same friend that wanted to plan my wedding, failed to turn up to the first 2 appointments to do things and got sacked. :) I told her I had no idea what had been planned, but since she had been included in the mails she should have just jumped in.

Then my SIL today has asked what everyone is taking to drink (I don't know, Im not involved in the planning!) and worried that certain aforementioned mates will get totally ratted within 2 hours and then not make the rest of the night, be in tears over some man or other etc. I have said that since I usually run around picking up the pieces, tonight is my one night of self indulgence and anyone too drunk to make the castle will be left behind!

So - glad to see everyone is under control - lol. I think they are all too used to me taking control and now they still want me to have all the answers, even though I have no idea whats been planned.

Getting very excited now.

excellent! hope you have so much fun. i'm afraid i planned my own hen because i knew exactly what i wanted: Sanctuary spa, nice meal, the Bloomsbury bowling lanes (fifties themed place) for bowling, cocktails and karaoke. for some reason my mates don't seem to do that whole 'embarrass the bride' thing. for which, i am on reflection, grateful.

Actually its more likely to be my OH who tries to embarrass me - he tried to send me a stripper at work for my 30th, but since I worked in a bank they wouldn't allow it (he got in contact with my boss to arrange it!). He has just been texting me to find out where I am going, which is normally a sign, but hopefully I have stopped any of that. Boring I know - I wouldn't know what to do with a stripper though. :)

Anyway, just had a call from the jewellers and rings part 2 are ready. Please, fingers crossed, these are better than last weeks!

egbert said:
Actually its more likely to be my OH who tries to embarrass me - he tried to send me a stripper at work for my 30th, but since I worked in a bank they wouldn't allow it (he got in contact with my boss to arrange it!). He has just been texting me to find out where I am going, which is normally a sign, but hopefully I have stopped any of that. Boring I know - I wouldn't know what to do with a stripper though. :)

Anyway, just had a call from the jewellers and rings part 2 are ready. Please, fingers crossed, these are better than last weeks!

Crossing everything the ring are what you want this time.

My hubby arranged my hen night as one week before my sister still had nothing planned also on the day of my wedding she decided as my MOH she didn't want to walk in with me. Same with the baby showers she was throwing me (both times) I got a list of food she picked then she never did them.

Hope you have a fantastic weekend and any crying/ drunk friends is minimal have fun xx

MJZ2112.gif

So are you...

officially_hungover.gif

Well ladies I am officially shattered - had a fab weekend.

There were 5 of us in one car down to Warwick, meeting the other 5 there. When we walked into the Holiday Inn they had got a table by the bar covered in balloons, champagne etc, the hotel had said we could provide our own drink, so they had all just brought bottles with them. My friend also arranged hen fairy cakes and food - tshirts to decorate, glass name charms, I got loads of presses inkling a beautiful necklace, a whip, a duck with an 'addition' for the bath etc.

And - I hadn't seen some of my mates for a year or so, and got lots of surprise and comments about the new thinner me :)

Then my friend got out the coronets she had made so we could dress in them for the medieval feast, and off we went in the snow to Warwick Castle for the dungeon feast experience. Well- the taxi got half way and got stuck in the snow, and we had to walk, quickly found out who had failed to wear sensible shoes - I mean seriously people, its a dungeon in severe weather warnings, who thought stilettos or open toed sandals would be a good idea!

We got taken through the dungeon exhibit - lots of scary and funny stuff. Then on to the feast which was excellent food, endless but not so great wine and continuous entertainment from the actors. I really recommend it!

And then finally we tried to get back to the hotel, but all taxis refused to come out so I convinced the manager to drive those with silly shoes back and the rest of us set out walking in the snow. By then it had all settled and stopped snowing, so although it was a 1.5 mile walk at midnight, it was really beautiful.

A few more drinks and then everyone crashed out to bed. I was up first this morning and felt quite ok - I drunk a good litre of water before bed and had a berrocca when I woke up. We had one last breaky and then everyone set off home.

I have the absolute best mates ever - a few of them did have some friction and personality clashes but nothing major, they all played nicely for me:)

Then, when I got home for some unknown reason I went and stood on my scales - OH MY. One weekend of damage is BAD :)

So - head down, mouth shut, its concentration time to get back to my wall, ready for the dress fitting this thursday.

One very shattered and very happy slightly slimmer girlie here, off to bed!

So pleased sounded like a fantastic time don't worry about the weight it will drop fast. Plenty of sleep, water and self control over the next few days xx

Back