It's now or never

So soon, eggie! How exciting.

As far as more kids go... my mother always told me, "No more kids than you have hands." It made feel a bit sad, since I was the third child.

Ah Mel - that made me feel sad for you!

I am the third child too. :rolleyes:

How did you get on with WI hun?

I go fortnightly, but last week was a STS, so thats not bad.

Actually, I had a STS but lost 1 inch on the waist. :confused:

But - the dress still fits, thats my aim right now.

I'm back just in time for your big day, and excited to see how well you have done and the progress you have made, really well done.

Hey TF&G - where have you been? :D

Are you back on Cambridge? Did you restart your diary - I am off to look for it now.

That's a human thing really. For many people having the carrot dangling over their head can be quite demotivating. I'm reading about this in a book called Drive for a class.

If you can find the motivation from within, that is apparently more effective. I find it is that way with me.

Sorry if that was a bunch of useless babble... I hope today is a GREAT day for you, food-wise and otherwise! :)

Cheers Molly - I am aiming at a good day! I managed to walk past the Greggs - the bakery which sells the most amazing sausage rolls.

And I have so far avoided browsing for food - it helps when I am busy! :D

Of cours,e that also means I have not had water today yet :(

Well - 7 days to go!

Been to try on my sons suit and it fits much better, so picking that up on saturday after they take the leg up a bit.

Sorted the table plan and final numbers, sent that off to the venue, then heard about all the people who could no longer come! Got cross, changed table plan 4 or 5 times, now settled and if anyone else drops out Ill send them a bill!

Hairdresser booked for Saturday to restore me to blond.

I think thats everything?!?!?! :)

Sounds like everything's coming alone nicely Egbert! Dress still fits, sounds like that's what is most important. ;)

I finally realized that as long as I have about 150-250 calories every 2-3 hours I can usually keep from stuffing my face. Who knew??? All I need now is for MIL to stop bringing stupid clearance V-day chocolates into the house! :rolleyes:

Hope you've had a great day Egbert :)

7 days! The final countdown!

Love the idea of sending out a bill to anyone who cancels last minute grrrrr! Don't the know what theses events cost?? Hope you have a good day xx

i'm sure your guests won't be so flaky, but we had one guest who said they were coming, didn't turn up, and never mentioned it thereafter!

people are strangely rude...

Spangles, that happened at my mates wedding too. People are weird.

I think most of the guests coming now are less flaky. Hopefully.

Picked up the suits yesterday, we are struggling to find the first dance music -thats because I have left it to OH who loves ,usic but cant make decisions.

Oh, and had my hair bleached back to blond yesterday. Funny incident in the hairdresser, half way though the fouling started to get really hot and one part of my head felt like it was burning. Poor girl panicked and rushed me to the sink where she doused me in freezing water. I think a bit of the bleach leaked. No harm done but the hairdresser was a bit shaky. Still, got it all done in the end. And now it's a warm ash, I think, as there's is still undertones of red. So I'm pleased.

Oh and oh also broke our router so I'm on my phone, hence poor typing and short posts.

Weight is maintaining, I have been using Heinz soup instead of CD over the last feW days as its cheaper and I'm finding the weight stays off just as well. I don't want ketosis so it's all good

Well - eithe rmy scales have broken or the nervous energy has kicked in - because I ate rubbish yesterday and seem the same today.

But then, I did spend all night having nightmares about marrying old men and running away from killers, woke up heart pounding . . . I think the worrying and panic attacks may be about to start.

Just thought, what if my daughter starts to get upset and wont walk down the aisle, had a major worry that it was a lot for a 5 year old to do, while dragging her brother, then realised that I would just get the best man to come get them - so, no need to worry. lol

Now panicking that the necklace I bought her wont fit, or that I havent yet got mums flowers etc. OK - 4 days to go (or is it 3, if we dont count today)

And I have a job interview tomorrow. OMG I know I work better under pressure but maybe I could have timed this all better.

Not sure Ill be getting a lot of sleep this week - I am now worrying about getting drunk and making a tit of myself

But - weight wise, all is well. So far.

And breath!

Hi Eggie,

It sounds like you have everything in hand. I hope that you can remember to breathe and focus on enjoying your day.

I hope that you'll come back a post a photo or send one attached to a pm or email. And be sure to include the shoes - they were such a challenge.

BTW I told someone about your hen do at Warwick Castle yesterday. They thought it was s fab idea.

My best wishes to you.

Mel

I will definitely put some pics up, once I am all done up in 'the dress'.

Ill have to find some 'before' too although I dont have many as I tried to avoid the camera 3.5 stone ago!

Looking forward to the pics.

Well - OH has been home ill all day. My mum went to the hairdresser and not only have they hacked all her hair off, she has had a reaction to the dye, as they did her whole head and not just the highlights she wanted, so her whole face has puffed up.

Then the car warning lights have all come on - and she has to drive 130 miles to get to me tomorrow.

And my brothers hire suit arrived, the shirt was a dirty pink colour (meant to be white) and he had to complain to get a clean new one.

So - quietly hiding at the moment and hoping the bad luck fairy doesnt find me.

Oh My!

There is some sort of Southern saying about getting all the problems sorted before the marriage. I do not remember it atm, but if it comes to me I'll come back and post it.

But, other than your mum's reaction and OH being poorly -- the other things are just that "things". It sounds like the shirt is sorted -- if the car is undriveable she can either borrow or rent one (it is money, but it can be managed) -- and what is really important is that you are getting married!!! And soon!!!

Well - OH has been home ill all day. My mum went to the hairdresser and not only have they hacked all her hair off, she has had a reaction to the dye, as they did her whole head and not just the highlights she wanted, so her whole face has puffed up.

Then the car warning lights have all come on - and she has to drive 130 miles to get to me tomorrow.

And my brothers hire suit arrived, the shirt was a dirty pink colour (meant to be white) and he had to complain to get a clean new one.

So - quietly hiding at the moment and hoping the bad luck fairy doesnt find me.

I think she already did -- and has done her dirty work. You'll get through this and soon it'll be your day!

I hope your mum and OH are okay.

tuesday_004.gif

Im not worried really - I dont get stressed over the little things, so its all going well, but thanks for your words lovely ladies.

Anyway, today has been interesting - I went for a job interview and hopefully start getting some work from them in 2 weeks. once I am back from honeymoon. So in 2.5 weeks I may officially be a self employed freelancer. How exciting.

In the meantime - well my mum is here and her hair is . . . well ok, we can cope with it. OH seems better, I have sorted out the florist who today tried to invoice me for the full quote she gave meoriginally and not the massively reduced list of things I wanted - a difference of about £350! She still hasnt sent me the correct price although I have asked over and over again! But - if she doesnt come through on the day, well its not the end of the day as I have a back up plan.

erm - not a lot else to say really, since it all seems to be in hand. In fact, I am getting worried now, because I have nothing to plan. I do much better when I have a list of things to do and am busy.

Weight wise - staying on the wall, so thats all good. Lets just hope the inches are not changing while the weight STS, since its the inches now thats important, for fitting in my dress

How are you sleeping? My sleep went crazy just before my wedding... crazy!

Apart from the nightmare on Sunday, no problem with sleep far - well, once I stop twitching and wriggling and actually drop off. Saying that though - I bet it all changes now.

I am not really worrying about the wedding now - for some reason. I am scared about a couple of things
1. tripping up the aisle
2. getting the wrong name
3. crying when saying my vows

after that - well its all done bar the party.

Back