It's now or never

none of those things would be a problem. you'll be so happy all day, you just wouldn't care. i promise.

:D

I won't tell you any horror stories about wedding disasters. I am sure it'll all be good.

As long as you don't say the name of an old boyfriend you will be okay.

Well, 1 day to go, I have ToTM, hormones rising, sore boobs and spots everywhere. fabulous!

Weight on target though, so as long as I keep my mouth shut I should fit in the dress. 10.7 and holding!

How exciting. BEST WISHES!

Thanks ladies.

well today I took my mum for a manicur and pedicure, make up consult for her too. i have had a french polish with some purple diamonds across the nail on my ring finger to help OH get the right finger - he was worried about it.

just bits and bobs to do tomorrow, and packing bags and car. so - hopefully it will all go smoothly, but I am still ducking low to avoid the bad luck fairy -

Oh, but the hormone fairy found me and I am covered in spots :(

Still - hopefully all will go smoothly.

Best wishes :) have a great day savour every moment x

Hi ladies

A bit late to update but this is the first free moment I have had. Typing on an iPad so forgive the spelling.

Well out wedding day was fabulous. We woke up together with our kids in the B&B and the hairdresser came to start my hair while OH started to quietly panic in a corner. Then moved on to the castle once our rooms were ready. My mum, SIl, my daughter and niece came to get ready with me, I sent Oh and son off to the bar to calm down until the best man arrived to take control of him (oh, not my son)

It felt like we had ages but then it was 2pm, the dress was on, I felt fantastic, really really happy with myself for once. The manager took me and my dad down to see the registrar, then we prepared tomake out entrance with my kids. my 2 year old son flatly refused to move, the babysitter picked him up, and within 10 seconds, just as we were about to walk down the aisle, he went straight to sleep! Oh well.

My 5 year old daughter very bravely then walked down the aisle all by herself, and the dad and I walked in. And I was so nervous, on the video I am twitching like a cat on hot tiles. I calmed down once I reached Oh and saw he was as emotional as I was, so we help hands and got married.

Then we had the most fantastic party, I felt absolutely like a princess, every one was giving me compliments and My husband and I were haing a great time for once, as normally we hate being centre of attention. he made it through the speeches although I suspect was a tad drunk to manage it. The best man, who has been both our friends for years, made a great speech, in which he commented that traditionall the top tier of the cake was reserved for the 1st borns christening, so he turned to my daughter and told her to go get it as it was hers by right, and my little diva stood up and marched over to the cake. Totally manages her audience.

The sweet tree centrepieces went down a storm, there were almost fights going on over them as it was different sweets per table. And the chocolate cheesecake wedding cake went almost as fast.

oH and I then went off the next morning to a spa to manage out hangovers, woke up on Sunday and packed for the airport. 2hours to heathrow, 11 hour flight and 4 hours drive to our first hotel in Sri lanka.

Haing a fab time, being upgraded everywhere by being n honeymoon, amazing hotels, much more luxurious than I normally book for us, we have been to see the worlds biggest Buddha, climbed Sirengia (sp.) been to a monestary, rode on elephants and been showered by them, now in the middle of a tea plantation and relaxing. Tomorrow we are off to our final hotel for 8 days of sunbathing.

It's been a full fat holiday and I'll be on the wagon when I get back, but thoroughly enjoyed week 1 of married life, I can't believe it's gone by already.

I'll try uploading a photo but not sure Incan from the iPad.

Catch you all soon. Xx

I've a tear in my eye. You sound so happy, and I'd forgotten you were going to Sri Lanka - brought back memories of our honeymoon. Glad you rode the elephant. That's a memory I'll always have - even just touching one felt like a massive privilege. Insane driving, though, right, so pleased for you and your HUSBAND!!!

I am, very very happy. Can't believe after 12 years together what a difference it feels like being married, just so clicked.

Driving, OMG! Luckily we were too tired the 1st day to notice and now becoming slightly immune.

sounds so amazing hun - yay! xx

Sounds like it went amazingly well :) congratulations xx

But the important thing is... how were your shoes!!! Did everyone make a fuss! ;)

I am soooo glad that you had a wonderful wedding and are are enjoying an amazing honeymoon. It sounds as if it was worth the wait.

Can hardly wait for the photos.

What did everyone think of the cute topper for the cake?

Back