It's Now or Never!!!

Sunnshine

I started my journey yesterday. My starting weight is 12st 11lbs and am on step 2 (810 cals).

Lost 21lb back in 2005 on sole source but had to give up due to family problems. Tried Slimming World back then, put on 2lb first week, another 2lb second week! Felt exhausted and found out I had Underactive Thyroid. Weight was 14st.2lbs and at 5'4" looked pregnant, (and as in my 50's could not possibly be) so pleased to find out reason for my increasing weight (3 stone weight gain in less than a year). Put on Levothyroxine and weight gradually came off with the help of Sole Source.

My weight stayed around the 11st mark for a couple of years, which wasn't too bad (bought clothes to disguise my tummy!) but always wanted to lose another stone.

Amazingly, weight came down to 9st 10lbs without trying as my Underactive Thyroid became an Overactive Thyroid (over-medicated) as Doctor saw me once a year instead of say every three months. So came off Levo and put on another medication to bring my hyper down - it was a very scary time for me. Felt best at this weight, as didn't want to become too thin and haggard looking at my age. All sorted now and Consultant has given his blessing to the diet.

So I have 3st 1lb to lose. Am not in any hurry to lose the weight, but hopefully by Christmas. I am at an age where the weight doesn't drop off too quickly.

I want to do Cambridge as I hope it will re-educate me to eat properly, that's why I'm on Sole Source 810. adding healthy foods, and will step up on the plans every few weeks. I have kept with the same Consultant as she is so helpful.

So here begins my journey to a new me.

Good luck. Sounds like you've had a rocky ride health wise so hopefully now that's more sorted you can focus on this. You've done it before so you know you can again. Hope it goes well for you, remember the first week is hardest then it gets easier and drink lots!!!

Have worked out my BMR daily calories consumed should be 1734, so minus 810 this equals to 924 short per day. So in effect, if I keep 100% to my Sole Source 2, this will take 11/12 weeks to goal weight (should lose 3 7/8lbs per week if 3,500 cals equals to 1lb weight loss?) but as I aim to go up the plans it will take longer.

I am being rather technical here, cannot think why! Anyhow, two days down, have had porridge for breakfast, but with 150mls of water, as too lumpy otherwise, with a sprinkle of cinammon - love it! Leek and pot soup and strawberry shakes on both days. Drinking the minimum amount of water stipulated as am finding this part soooo.. difficult - think this will be my downfall and my weight loss will falter because of this. Don't like the added flavours as has that sweetener taste in it. Also chicken with mushrooms on first day, and cottage cheese with green peppers - all measured out, this is the worse bit weighing and cutting up the chicken breast. Have to make a note that before putting chicken breast into freezer, cut up and weigh 100g portions.

Here's hoping I don't falter today, my third day, feeling well with no headaches etc, have plenty of cleaning and ironing, what with three men at home to look after, but it is keeping me out of the kitchen until I have to cook for them! So far so good.

Hi all, I am starting tomorrow as tonight out for a Chinese for hubbys bday. I am going to get weighed every two week and i have promised myself I will weigh myself in the morning then not again for two weeks when my councilor weighs me, but as i have read it is hard not to weigh to often !! you are all doing so well. Sunshine I am the same weight and height near enough so very interested in reading your posts, and want to loose 20 kilos by christmas. My bmi is a lot higher than yours though its 33. cant wait to start tomorrow and reading how your all getting on.

I am psyching myself up to start Cambridge on 2nd January. Have two weeks' worth of shakes, but having milk with tea as don't think I can cope without my morning cuppa! Will try with just green tea first thing, for the first three days, then may/may not add the milk. Have had a terrible past six months, and had to abort my previous diet plans and cannot wait for the New Year to start.
The worst thing about this diet for me is the huge consumption of water. Ok for the first few days, but then I struggle. I plan to have my cup of tea first thing, then 500 ml of water, then, say porridge, followed by my second 500 ml of water, shake, then third 500 ml water, perhaps fit in another (fourth) 500 ml water before final third shake, with another 500 ml of water. Hopefully, I will not keep getting up at night. That adds up to two and a half litres of water, plus green tea.
New Year here we go to a slimmer me.

Not doing too well, but have lost 7lbs. Have had to abandon diet for a few weeks. Am back on track though. Water is still getting me down. It's ok when at home, but if I have to go out, always have to find a loo. On the hour, every hour. Hoping it will get better - my Consultant did say that to look at it positively, every time I go to the loo a few ounces are being lost! It could be that it's the first week only as we all seem to lose more water at the beginning of this diet. Let's hope so.

Not doing too well, but have lost 7lbs. Have had to abandon diet for a few weeks. Am back on track though. Water is still getting me down. It's ok when at home, but if I have to go out, always have to find a loo. On the hour, every hour. Hoping it will get better - my Consultant did say that to look at it positively, every time I go to the loo a few ounces are being lost! It could be that it's the first week only as we all seem to lose more water at the beginning of this diet. Let's hope so.

Welcome Sunshine and well done on your loss good luck with your journey x

Another 3lb down. Still glugging the water! Wish I had more time time to read all the achievements of others on this board, as they definitely motivate me. Once a week is all I can manage at the mo as am so busy. Have had a few blips. Have to cook for three grown men and have occasionally had a taste of a small roast potato. Feel so guilty afterwards. I am only hurting myself I know, as it will take longer to shift, and if I carry on like this then all the weight I have lost will come back on.
From tomorrow will make a serious effort to keep to this diet 100%. Have to go to my son's 30th birthday meal in a fortnight. Will stick to a little protein with salad or veg. Unfortunately, it's a fancy restaurant and when looking on line at the menu not sure if I can stick to it. Now if I stick to this plan 100%, should lose another 5/6lb by then, and probably put this back on with the meal.

Have to lose at least two stones before July as my son is getting wed then. Went to shops to look at an outfit and decided to try a dress on and I looked horrendous. Being an "older" woman the weight doesn't come off easily.

I wear size 16 clothes and when I get to 10 stone will only then be able to wear a size 14! All my fat now is on my boobs and tummy and I look terribly round. The fat seems to disappear from my legs and arms (where I don't need any loss) and my friends tell me I am not fat. They haven't seen me in a bathing costume! Trying that dress on has really depressed me. I hope that I can stick to this diet 100%. Will start again tomorrow.

No weight loss, or put on any due to this norovirus bug. Stopped shakes altogether. Had toast or a couple of cream crackers as couldn't face anything else. Weight came down by 3lb in the week, but after one day back on shakes put this back on, which was told is right, even though I hardly ate anything.
Let's hope I can carry on. So far no problem going back on the shakes, as completely lost my appetite. Roll on next week's weigh in.

Back