It's only taken me a year...

Roopstardeluxe

So....I start a new job on Tuesday and I was just thinking about how strange my eating habits have become. Where will I eat my 2 boiled eggs for breakfast without grossing anyone out? How will I stop my tummy rumbling like a beast if I haven't thrown anything into the bottomless pit for an hour? Has anyone got any advice on reaaaallly filling stuff I could have for breakfast just while they're getting used to me?

I can't show up with Santa's sack full of fruit on my first day!

I started s/w after a redundancy last summer and haven't really had to do it at work!

Ummmmm, hide your fruit in a filing cabinet and then keep "searching" for things?! When I have a really long day at work I have a non-breakfast for breakfast if that makes sense. My favourite is smash, baked beans with my healthy A of cheese, and a little mustard powder mixed in, takes a few minutes to make and fills me up for ages! I suppose not everyone could stomach it at 6am, but could be worth a try!

Congrats on getting a job, hope it is everything you want it to be xx

I have 2 toast (HexB) topped with a pile of mushrooms and a sw fried egg. Add some beans and you'll be full for hours (though beans and the nervousness of a new job may not be the best idea)

Porridge is another filling one or simply banana on toast

Well done on your new job and good luck for when you

Could you have breakfast before you leave for work?

Otherwise you could use your hexb & have toast with cheese & fruit, or 'quick' cereal eg weetabix, or tinned spagetti with cheese on, you could take a look at the many 'breakfast' threads on here to see if you can find something which would fit in.

Congrats on the new job it's such a good feeling when you land a job after being made redundant.

Hmmmmmmmm beans......do not want the work place to become the Windy City.

If it is a green day and you are having breakfast at work you could make an authentic Spanish omelet cos that is so good cold.

Boil your potatoes instead of frying them.Fry onion with fry light. Mix the two together and then add your eggs. To turn it over turn the omelet onto a plate by putting the plate over the frying pan and turning it upside down and then slide the omelet back into the pan You can make it the night before it will just get tastier over night.

Good luck and enjoy your new job,

hugs xxxx

Thanks guys for all the ideas and best wishes :grouphugg:

It's an hour's commute so stuff I can chuck down my gullet while on the tube is best - you know so that there is less of a gap between breakfast and lunch. I like the idea of the spanish omelette and the non breakfast - genius!

How funny, I am less concerned that my brain has melted over the last year than what I'm going to eat - look what slimming world has done to me!

Do you have an office/desk?

Buy yourself a fruit basket and tell them it's a gift 'from a friend' (I vote the name Shirleen lol) for getting a new job and then sneakily add to it every day so it never goes down!

The eggs I would wrap securely in a clip lock box and open and consume quickly! Or make a frittata and have that instead!

Do you have an office/desk?

Buy yourself a fruit basket and tell them it's a gift 'from a friend' (I vote the name Shirleen lol) for getting a new job and then sneakily add to it every day so it never goes down!

The eggs I would wrap securely in a clip lock box and open and consume quickly! Or make a frittata and have that instead!

You're a flippin' genius!

Well, I'd just be me, tell all and sundry I lost 7st in less than a year, follow the SW plan and this here mountain of fruit/veg is how I get through the day.

I'd not eat on the tube (can't think of anything worse as it goes) and would stick to regular meals and plan.

After all, it got me to target in the first place;)

Maybe it is different for blokes?

Steve

I probably will Steve - S/w is pretty much all I talk about. I just need to get through a couple of days, put my head down and impress them workwise without making them wonder what sort of weirdo they've just employed!

I commute into London - about an 1 1/2 each way. I regularly have 2 breakfasts. If you work in londo its commonplace for people to eat at their desks.

My 1st brekkie is usually a big bowl of fruit. That keeps me going til i get to the office. Then when i get to work i use my HEB for either toast or cereal, maybe a piece of fruit. That then keeps me going til lunch.

Also, you will find cafe's that sell veggie brekkies all over the place. If you go for poached eggs, and don't have the toast they are pretty much free. Plus if you keep some bread at work you can still have toast.

I always trek into work with a barrage of fruit, cans of pop and sorts!!

I have my handbag - and then a foodbag.

You kinda get used to it!!! :D x

I probably will Steve - S/w is pretty much all I talk about. I just need to get through a couple of days, put my head down and impress them workwise without making them wonder what sort of weirdo they've just employed!
Hey kid, just be yourself and show them what a dedicated SW'er you are.

It's scary that a fruit-eating healthy slim person might be deemed a weirdo these days.

Take some leaflets in and casually drop them on "targetted" desks. All discreetly of course;)

Then declare the office a "fat-free zone" and abolish cake runs! THen you WILL be considered a weirdo lol.

Oh! and yes, good luck with the new job:D

Or on your first day just ask everyone "Are YOU in control of your life? Are you on plan??"

Then no one will talk to you and you will never suffer from office politics!

Magic porridge is filling. You could take that in a small pot and eat whenever for breakfast.With a banana It won't smell like eggs! good luck x

Or on your first day just ask everyone "Are YOU in control of your life? Are you on plan??"

Then no one will talk to you and you will never suffer from office politics!

Ask them all to medidate before work and sing Kumbaya whilst exchanging fruit baskets. I find this tends to keep the office bores away too:p

Arrange your fruit in alphabetical order....now, I don't mean apple, banana, clementine etc....I mean the names YOU give them.....Adam the grape, Barry the orange, Cedric the apple etc....

The last thing your new colleagues will be worrying about is the AMOUNT of fruit you're eating!

Arrange your fruit in alphabetical order....now, I don't mean apple, banana, clementine etc....I mean the names YOU give them.....Adam the grape, Barry the orange, Cedric the apple etc....

The last thing your new colleagues will be worrying about is the AMOUNT of fruit you're eating!

Excellent!

Back