It's Organic Fortnight!

HellieCopter

Gold Member
organic_fortnight_side.gif

We get to know about things like this, working where I work :)

If you are interested in organic food and produce and want to read a bit more, have a look here:

Soil Association : Organic Fortnight

There's a good bit about organic on a budget as well as recipe ideas and how to host an 'organic night'.

I do eat organic sometimes, but it can prove to be a bit expensive so I'm interested in seeing if I can do it on the cheap! And it's a good way of getting more superfree foods in too.

From your resident environmental type person! :)

Oh ta Hellie. I'm a bit organic, the veg I grow, whilst not strictly organic is as good as it can be in that I don't use any pesticides (even though I want to - bl00dy caterpillars) or fertilisers apart from horse poo and home made compost and I use organic seeds where possible.

I buy organic milk always as it's so much higher in Omegas than normal milk and I try to buy organic meat if I can but tbh I'd rather buy non-organic local meat from the butcher than organic meat from New Zealand in Tesco.

It's a bit of a battle in my mind sometimes as to what's for the best!!

I do know what you mean...I tend to go local rather than organic if I need to choose!

Thank you Hellie, I'll take a look at that.

We grow vegetables, salads etc and even though we don't use any sprays etc on them - we have done quite well this year - but then we have 6 chickens who roam around the garden eating slugs and other garden pests, so I suppose we do have an 'Organic' pest control system in our garden, LOL.....

I buy organic where possible. It is a bit hard to buy local in London, although local and organic would be the best possible. After reading your posts, I will check the labels to make sure I am not buying anything from the other side of the world.

Back