Its So hard doing SW alone :-(

princessnicky

Its my 2nd weigh in on monday and although i lost 10.5lbs in my first week (wahoooo!!!) im finding it incredibly hard when my bf isnt food optimising aswell. He's just come back from the shops with doughnuts, cider, sweets. And im craving a doughnut!!!!

Arghhh any coping strategies for the forseeable future? Ive got 6 stone to loose :-(

Don't really have any advice for you hun, but I feel your pain!
My slim partner eats chocolate, crisps, biscuits and cakes in front of me every single night. And what really riles me is that he's managed to lose weight whilst doing this, simply by eating my slimming world meals, grrrrrr!

Mine lot are pretty good at not eating stuff infront of me...they'll ask if I mind and if I do then they won't. I explained to them that it was really hard for me to stick to anything if we were going to have lots of junk in the house and it being ate infront of me...there's no junk now and if they want it they buy it and eat it when I'm not around.
Saying that, my daughter did bake chocolate chip cookies earlier and the most gorgeous smell filled the entire house, grr! Lol! Could you ask your BF to maybe cut down the snacking infront of you? If he wants you to lose weight I'm sure he wouldn't mind...or would he?

My boyfriend eats nothing but rubbish - honestly nothing!
When I first started SW it was very tough and one week I ate all the sweet things in the house just so there would be no more temptation for me. I then discovered that if I kept myself full I wouldn't want sweet things half as much. So I would fill myself up with my dinner and a frozen muller light with fruit and wash it all down with a cuppa so by the time he came home I couldn't face eating another thing.
Now what I do is, ask him can I have a bite of whatever he is eating if I fancy it and that satisfies me.
Make yourself some SW friendly treats and keep them at hand.

Good Luck x

It is hard - but you can get there, the more you want something the easier it gets!

Good luck xxx

Mines the same, Its horrible isnt it Mines 6'3 and skinny he eats like a horse!

Last week end he ate 7 snickers in one sitting :eek: i was drooling the meanie :cry:

Hes very good at pointing out when im eating something abit synfull and then laughs when i do some excerise after eating it hes like whats the point? (it makes me feel less guilty lol!)

He never gains weight he actually lost a 1lb from his last wii fit weigh in :mad:

LostGirl said:
Mines the same, Its horrible isnt it Mines 6'3 and skinny he eats like a horse!

Last week end he ate 7 snickers in one sitting :eek: i was drooling the meanie :cry:

Hes very good at pointing out when im eating something abit synfull and then laughs when i do some excerise after eating it hes like whats the point? (it makes me feel less guilty lol!)
:

If someone loves you, wants you to be happy and you're unhappy enough about your weight to be on slimming world, why wouldn't they want to make it easier for you? Genuine question.

It can be tough at the beginning, but when you see consistant results from sticking to plan, hopefully you will crave stuff like doughnuts less. You've had a great start and I imagine you don't want to undo all your hard work. If you really want a doughnut you can have one, just spend your days syns on it and stick to one!

I agree with the others it is hard at the beginning to be surrounded with cakes and yummy stuff but.... It does get easier
I have cakes biscuits etc around as my Hubby can eat them and my kids for when they get in from school etc but they eat them in moderation and that's my problem that I don't!!!
So it's helped teach me what I can or can't eat I think of it for life not a quick fix and if I really want a cake or chic I syn it and eat therefore in moderation same as takeaways and alcohol
The interesting thing is cooking for a family they benefit too from the lower fat chips and meals but it gets easier believe me and just becomes a way of life

It is, but it all depends on the frame of mind your in!
My OH I've been with 17yrs and he has always weighed around the same no matter what.

Did a little experiment at Xmas, we weighed ourselves at the beginning, we ate exactly the same only difference was he drank a lot more alcohol than me at end of the week we weighed ourselves again so how he was 2lb lighter while I'd put 5lb on :(

In our house we all eat the same meals, at first I ate my own and they had there's.
My OH supports me and at other times sabotages me well try's not intentionally.
Last week he went out to ice cream man brought in 3 ice creams 1 for him 1 for son & 1 for me, I said straight away no I didn't want it. It was so tempting but nothings tastes as good as that feeling of getting into a smaller rise. And that is what keeps me in the right frame of mind I keep visualising and feeling that feeling of being slimmer :)

Just wanted to say amazing first loss!! thats bloody incredible!
.. it is tough when those around you arnt 'helping' matters... you just have to be so dedicated and really dig deep for that inner strength and will power, though i know its tough. Maybe a quick word to just say, you dont expect him to follow it just because you are, but just have a double think about what hes bringing back into the house because it does make it tough on you xxx

Try not to let it get to you.

Have you explained to him that it makes it hard for you to achieve your dream while he sits there eating that donut? And that you would really value his support? That your not just making these changes for yourself but to improve both your lives?

I had this chat with my husband and since then he's been a gem. He eats what he likes when he's out, but in the house or when we're together he'll make sensible choices (also he's 10 years older than me and has now realised that this superhuman ability to be able to eat whatever and not put any weight on or it have any effect will run out eventually!)

He's told me that he feels healthier now than he has in ages as we're eating healthy meals - we always ate well but a higher fat content!

Just to convince him to come and do some exercise now - I've found it's brought us closer together xx

If someone loves you, wants you to be happy and you're unhappy enough about your weight to be on slimming world, why wouldn't they want to make it easier for you? Genuine question.

Very good question!

Not suggesting for a second that this applies to anyone here, but there are some people in the world who want their partners to fail, to keep them overweight and stop them being more desirable to other people.

When blokes are shoveling in rubbish food in front of you, just remember that this food is not of any nutritional value anyway so why would you want it? And why would they want it? Just because they might stay skinny, rubbish will be clogging up their arteries etc :(

I know if I asked my fella to stop eating crap in front of me then he gladly would! He eats sensibly the rest of the time and works out, so who am I to stop him having some munchies in front of the TV. Its me that has a problem with food, not him so I just let him enjoy it without saying anything.
I've already put a stop to the take outs etc which he's not grumbled about, so why should I make him feel guilty about eating in front of me when its not his problem.

Its my 2nd weigh in on monday and although i lost 10.5lbs in my first week (wahoooo!!!) im finding it incredibly hard when my bf isnt food optimising aswell. He's just come back from the shops with doughnuts, cider, sweets. And im craving a doughnut!!!!

Arghhh any coping strategies for the forseeable future? Ive got 6 stone to loose :-(
hi hun, well done thats is an amazing loss!!!! you must be so happy and proud! just keep that feeling of when you got on the scales and saw that loss in your head when you friend brings home all the bad stuff! there are loads of really yummy sw free snacks you can munch on instead. look on this site and on slimmingeats! also if you go to class there are some fab books. also get ideas from other people in your group or consultant. sw chips sre fab!!!!! free!!! easy to make. you can also make crisp things with pasta sheets. good luck, and keep going .xx:)

My OH is very slim, grrr. He eats biscuits etc in front of me, thankfully he no longer asks if I want one! Eat a piece of fruit whilst he's munching the bad stuff.

Oh he does he wants me to be happy, he loves me any size thankfully he has always been a bug eater I wouldn't dream off asking him to stop he works hard so needs to eat well

He loves the slimming world meals, and eats them with not one moan.

Just because I'm dieting doesn't mean he should even if it means I have a grumble about the fact he eats whatever And is healthy I look at a cake and put weight on lol

Reading back I make him sound horrible, what I mean is he'll say "how many syns is that? Should you really be eating that?" which bugs me but he means well

LostGirl said:
Reading back I make him sound horrible, what I mean is he'll say "how many syns is that? Should you really be eating that?" which bugs me but he means well

Know exactly what you mean my OH is the same I know he's just trying to help me stay focused and on track, and sometimes it's what I need but other times it just riles me and the rebel in me comes out.

do we have the same OH? lol. il eat somthing 'naughty' and he'l say ..' dont you go letting all your hard work slip mind' or 'i thought you were trying to be good' ... que instant guilt trip! lol but then other times he'l be like 'for gods sake fern, youv got to let your hair down' (his favourite and most used quip im sure.. and has even accused me of being obbsessed in public before after agonising over what resteraunt is best to eat at LOL.. no pleasing some! but i get what you mean.- no you cant ban him from eating crap, its not his fault.. but it makes any easier for you and thats the sucky bit. xx

Back