Its SW again !

supergran

Going to do this......
Hi after faffing about on all diets been on Cd 790 which was good, but i just wanted real food.

So i am back again on SW hopefully i can loss weight properly this time and keep it off.

Anyone had any good losses with Sw out there.

Good luck June!!! :)

Hiya June,

I am in the same boat as you at the moment I just joined SW. I just weighed myself in boots (naughty I know) but they say I have lost 7lbs since thursday. I dont think I should have weighed my self now because if I have not lost 7lbs next thursday I will be like :sigh:.

I did the same too, in the end I started counting calories (1500-1750 a day) and exercising daily and so far in the past six weeks I have lost 12lbs. If I had kept on trying to sole source (and failing) I could still be in a slump or even worse gaining. At least this way I am losing weight slowly but surely. Good luck with slimming world. :)

Thanks for your replies....I know Sw will be a lot slower then CD But with CD i just kept losing the same 6 pounds!!!!!
Woud be very happy with 2 pounds per week that STAYED away

It will be fantastic if the SW scales say the same this thursday. I got my fingers crossed.:)

Good luck for your weigh in, any loss should motivate you. I loved the SS weight loss of CD but couldn't do it long term and I too am now trying to lose the last bit but sadly for me I'm gaining weight until my body regulates itself into losing properly.

I've just finished cambridge diet and lost a stone in two weeks and now want to carry on with slimming world. Did you leave a big gap inbetween the finishing CD and starting SW? I'm just concerned that my metabolism will be screwed up!

I've just finished cambridge diet and lost a stone in two weeks and now want to carry on with slimming world. Did you leave a big gap inbetween the finishing CD and starting SW? I'm just concerned that my metabolism will be screwed up!

Im glad you have asked this, cos I gave up Cambridge after 11 weeks and would like a little advise like ou too!. Have been managing on my own for the last week and lost 1 1/2 through hardly touching refined carbs ie bread, rice etc, but think the regime of a club would help, im just frighten that I may even put on weight in the 1st couple of weeks of SW cos re-introducing carbs (they scare me now :eek: hehe). What do you guys think??????

I've only been doing the CD for two weeks so hope it won't have messed things up too much. I've left a message with a SW consultant to call me and this is one of the questions i'm going to ask her - so I'll let you know when I've spoken to her. It would be sole destroying to start at SW and then go for first weigh in only to find you've put on. It's something I'm really worried about. The one idea I did have was...... probably not a good idea weight wise but.... was start eating pasta, rice and bread now, before I join SW on 4th June (meetings are on a Monday and this week is a bank holiday!!!)

hehe loopy! yes I would agree not a good idea, just be careful and slowly re-introduce start with the veggies & fruit then start adding the bread etc, just not in a one'r. I have had the odd half roll here and there and must confess to the odd packet of crisps but my main meal in the evening is everything but the heavy carbs, like tonite for instance I had pork stir fry but without the noodles.

One thing that I am grateful to CD for is that my stomach has shrunk so I feel full a lot quicker and I have managed to keep up with the water intake as this was a major problem before CD, so hopefully I will keep this going cos I do notice if ive not had a drink how thirsty I am!!! plus think in the past I read thirst as hunger and would reach for food rather than a drink.

Definetly kept me informed with the SW lady, you can always PM me. we could be SW ex CD buddies hehe:D

Do you have a lot to lose, realistically I should lose another 5 1/2 stone but think this seems so far away, so am quite happy to aim for 3 stone at the moment. Did manage 21lb with CD but thought this was quite slow 21lb over 11 weeks where as my pal, who I was going with lost 37lb in the same time (NOT FAIR) :cry:

Best of luck!!

Back