It's time to get thinner and fitter!

Nix1

Hi :)

3 weeks ago I decided it was time to loose weight for the last time! When my children go back to school in September I don't want to feel self conscious in the playground anymore! I want to go back to being the person that was sporty and healthy!

I wasn't overweight until I was an adult. When I met my husband aged 16 I was great at athletics, a size 8 and happy with myself. Somehow my weight crept up and up. Over the years with having my 4 children I have put weight on then lost it yoyoing between 11 stone 5 and 17st 8!! I've tried so many diets out there - Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Cambridge, Exante, Celebrity Slim and Slim and save. I manage to loose weight but never able to maintain it

This time I have gone back to basics, calorie counting with lots of exercise. I'm hoping that this will be more of a lifestyle change than a diet as I will learn how to control my portion sizes and eat foods that are healthier. I'm eating 1400 calories a day and burning off around 500 calories on the rowing machine and walking. I have lost 6 1/2 pound so far and tomorrow is my 3rd weigh in so hoping for some more. I already have a lot more energy and surprised myself in the week doing 40 minutes on the rowing machine.

Welcome Nix1👋

Well done on your exercise and fab weight loss 👏👏👏

It looks like you have everything under control...best of luck with weigh in tomorro, looking forward to hearing how you get on. :classic_smile:

@Mini Thank you :)

I had my weigh in this morning and lost 2lb this week

Yesterday was the 1st day in 3 weeks that I felt hungry. I woke up feeling sick and for most of the day. Even eating my breakfast and lunch didn't help. I stuck with it though. I didn't use the rowing machine last night and did Zumba instead - wow I had forgotten how intense it is. My arms and legs are sore today! Back to the rower tonight I think :)

Hi @Nix1 ,
Well done on your weight loss so far! Amazing! I find Sundays are a struggle too these days, I feel a bit down and just crave comfort food. And well done with the exercise! That is what I really struggle with. I did a functional fitness class online this morning. Probably my first class since before christmas but I'm going to try and do a couple a week from now on.

@Mini Thank you :)

I had my weigh in this morning and lost 2lb this week

Yesterday was the 1st day in 3 weeks that I felt hungry. I woke up feeling sick and for most of the day. Even eating my breakfast and lunch didn't help. I stuck with it though. I didn't use the rowing machine last night and did Zumba instead - wow I had forgotten how intense it is. My arms and legs are sore today! Back to the rower tonight I think :)
Well done on losing 2lbs and for getting through yesterday, especially when you weren’t feeling good.👏👏👏

You will be moving down into the sixteens next week😊

Thank you so much everyone :)

I had a bit of a wobble a few days this week. I didn't eat anything particularly bad, I just had more than I should have had. I have kept up with my rowing and walking though.

Having a super good weekend and trying to have lots of fruit and veg and as few carbs as possible. I've had a walk this morning and homemade tomato soup without bread. Going to try try giving Pilates a go again this afternoon. Did some Thursday night and ouch! lol

I'm hoping I've saved myself and will still have a loss on Monday!

How is everyone else getting on? xx

There will be days when you naturally feel more hungry than others especially if you are being active with exeraise.

Enjoy your weekend and good luck with Pilates...something I must start doing myself.🤔

Thank you so much everyone :)

I had a bit of a wobble a few days this week. I didn't eat anything particularly bad, I just had more than I should have had. I have kept up with my rowing and walking though.

Having a super good weekend and trying to have lots of fruit and veg and as few carbs as possible. I've had a walk this morning and homemade tomato soup without bread. Going to try try giving Pilates a go again this afternoon. Did some Thursday night and ouch! lol

I'm hoping I've saved myself and will still have a loss on Monday!

How is everyone else getting on? xx
I maintained this week which is disappointing. I think I deserved a little loss. I’m going to have to be more strict this week, make sure I’m weighing all healthy extras and do a few more exercises classes.

@SkinnyBunny It’s so disappointing when you try so hard and don’t lose isn’t it. Are you managing to drink lots? I find that helps. What kind of exercise classes have you been doing? I’ve been having a go at Zumba and Pilates videos.

Morning 😊
I'm very pleased with a 2.5lb loss this week. I wasn't sure how I would get on as I cut back on the exercise a little as I was feeling a bit wiped out. Looking forward to the next week. I'd love to lose 3lb and get to my 1st stone. I'll give it a good shot.
I had another go at the Pilates but tried a different video. It suited me a lot better as I found I could do the moves a bit better. With the other one my boobs and belly were in the way 😆

Hello
Thank you @Strawberry Madness and @Mini

My kettlebells arrived today. I've been doing tonnes of reading and it looks like strength training is really good for building the muscle to increase the metabolism. Going to give them a go later with a Kettlebell DVD :) It's took ages to find them though - they are not easy to come by at the mo. I'm still rowing most days. Had a 2 mile walk yesterday which was really nice and met some cows just roaming about lol

I'm still getting on really well with eating healthily. I've not craved anything and am really enjoying the meals that I have been having. I have been feeling a bit dizzy for a few days. Been doing some more reading and it looks like I may have been having less calories than I need so have upped them by 200. I have swapped to the Nutracheck App too which is actually so much nicer to use and UK based too so bonus!

Morning :)

Another 2lb off this week!

Well done on getting some dumbbells @Strawberry Madness . I was checking every day too. I swear I searched thousands of websites haha

I had a busy week last week as my husband had half term off. We've been for walks locally at the Broads ( we are in Norfolk) and sorted some house bits out. The Broads reminded us of our plan to get a kayak. We can get a license to launch it throughout the network so this is definitely top of the list when I have lost a little more weight.

I've been quite pleased with myself this week. My children have done lots of baking - all the naughty stuff, and I've not touched one cake. They also had croissants, pain au chocolat and pancakes for breakfast one morning and I just had my Weetabix.

I'm hoping to hit my 1st stone next week!

How is everybody else?

Well done on the loss! Wooohoo
That really sounds awesome idea for you guys, I used to love kayaking/canoeing
when I was younger the group project I was in we built Indian style canoes and then launched them in the water of leith, was really something to paddle on a vessel you actually built.

that’s somthing I want to do again myself,Perhaps not the building part lol 😂 but want to do some kayaking around Loch Lomond and on the sea to fish with a hand line.

really well done again for not giving in to the kids baking 😊 I know just the smell of that would drive me insane haha.

Morning :)

Another 2lb off this week!

Well done on getting some dumbbells @Strawberry Madness . I was checking every day too. I swear I searched thousands of websites haha

I had a busy week last week as my husband had half term off. We've been for walks locally at the Broads ( we are in Norfolk) and sorted some house bits out. The Broads reminded us of our plan to get a kayak. We can get a license to launch it throughout the network so this is definitely top of the list when I have lost a little more weight.

I've been quite pleased with myself this week. My children have done lots of baking - all the naughty stuff, and I've not touched one cake. They also had croissants, pain au chocolat and pancakes for breakfast one morning and I just had my Weetabix.

I'm hoping to hit my 1st stone next week!

How is everybody else?
Well done on the loss and resisting the kids! My two have finally stopped the lockdown version of the great British bake off but it's so hard to resist!

Hello :) No baking from the kids this week so no resisting needed this time lol Hope you are all doing fab!

Well... I think I am finally cracking it. Another 2.5lbs down today making it 15.5lbs down in 6 weeks. It feels slow but I am so happy to be getting somewhere. Had lots of walks in the last week and a bit of rowing. Adding in the exercise bike but still need to up the Kettlebells. I've had some yummy meals. Some which have surprised me in how low the calories were. Probably partially due to having learned portion control!

My new fitness watch came last week so that is helping me track my walking. Also got some awesome new scales. Went for the Renpho's and they are fab!

Last edited:
Hello :) No baking from the kids this week so no resisting needed this time lol Hope you are all doing fab!

Well... I think I am finally cracking it. Another 2.5lbs down today making it 15.5lbs down in 6 weeks. It feels slow but I am so happy to be getting somewhere. Had lots of walk in the last week and a bit of rowing. Adding in the exercise bike but still need to up the Kettlebells. I've had some yummy meals. Some which have surprised me in how low the calories were. Probably partially due to having learned portion control!

My new fitness watch came last week so that is helping me track my walking. Also got some awesome new scales. Went for the Renpho's and they are fab!
Wow, that's amazing. Well done you!

Well... I think I am finally cracking it. Another 2.5lbs down today making it 15.5lbs down in 6 weeks. It feels slow but I am so happy to be getting somewhere. Had lots of walk in the last week and a bit of rowing. Adding in the exercise bike but still need to up the Kettlebells. I've had some yummy meals. Some which have surprised me in how low the calories were. Probably partially due to having learned portion control!

15.5lbs in 6 weeks is not slow at all. It’s a tremendous achievement. Well done

Back