It's time ....

Well done Mel

You are ticking off all these achievements. Congratulations on getting to GOAL.
Our LLC says it takes about a year for your head to catch up with your body.
I've maintained since last December. Only yesterday I was saying to myhusband - I go shopping (too much!) pick out clothes that I know are my size, but when they are on I still can't believe they fit!
It's weird. I still feel fat sometimes although I really know I'm not - peculiar. You are not alone.

t_i - be prepared to have a very sore bum! Cushions are the order of the day today :D You've done incredibly well and should be well into RTM by November.

Thanks SB - I can see your before picture for the first time - what an amazing achievement and to be maintaining so well. I hope that this time next year I can say the same thing :)

Next on the list is to try out scuba diving. Always been put off because of the wet suits and worried they wouldn't fit :)

Ah Scuba. I have been an active diver for over 20 years. As I got bigger I just bought a bigger drysuit :D. My weight has never stopped me diving at all. I LOVE it.

I am just back from a weekend on the north coast of Scotland. Superb scenery and the underwater life is amazing. I do notice it is a lot easier getting back in the boat these days.

One of the reasons I started this diet was that my drysuit was getting so tight I either had to lose the weight or buy a new suit even bigger. They cost a lot of money so I opted for the healthier and cheaper option. Trouble is, I've now lost so much weight the suit is huge on me and I'm going to have to get a new suit after all! Bonus!

Go for it.

Size 10 fits!!!

Well today I'm on an absolute high ... I've just got back from more shopping and I fit into a size 10!!! Most of my 12's have been feeling quite big so thought I'd try on some 10's thinking they would be too tight and uncomfortable .... well I was wrong and they fit like a glove.

I was standing in the changing room and couldn't wipe the grin off my face ... definitely another feeling that needs bottling up :D

Whooo whooooo!

Way to go girl. Must be an amazing feeling! You deserve to enjoy it.

Wow,awesome awesome news!!! I had just that feeling the other day when I fit into the 12's so perfectly and unexpectedly, cannot wait till it is me getting into the 10's. You should be so damn proud of your achievement, absolutely huge well dones!!

Jez
xx

Wow, you must feel so pleased. Well done and keep up the good work. :D

Invisible ..

Thanks everyone ... it is definitely one of the best feelings - I have been floating and full of confidence this week :):)

Today has also shown me how people treat you differently when you aren't overweight. I was in the office earlier and went outside for a cigarette. I saw a man that I have seen many times before, but haven't seen for about 3 months. I don't know him from adam and we have never spoken in the past, but he has looked at me plenty of times and normally ignored me. I never took offence as the smokers have their little groups of regulars and I'm not a regular there.

What I realised today is that I must have just been completely invisible to him (and who knows how many others!), because today he was all smiles and spoke to me (despite being in his normal group). He started with ... I've not seen you here before !!!

I didn't take offence but 2 things have hit home because of that .... Firstly, that to men I must have just been invisible and secondly, I never want to go back there :)

Went for weigh in last night and I've lost another 3 lbs - during my Wk 3 of RTM.:D I am really pleased, although do expect that may change after my week long holiday in week 5 (official alcohol week!!).

I have noticed the invisibility thing too. I sometimes wonder why this should be.

I know how important it is to see the person behind the body. I now make an effort to speak to bigger people (strangers) and complement them in some way if appropriate. After all, I was there just a few months ago.

Well done on the 3lb loss! I think this is a good result for you to be able to go and enjoy your holiday with a little leeway!

Well I'm just back from a weeks holiday and have no doubt that I have managed to gain at least the 3lbs I lost in week 3 of RTM. Tomorrow night is weigh in so will know soon enough.

Tomorrow will also be official start of week 6 of RTM for me, so thought I'd have a quick look in my book and realised I was supposed to be on 2 meals a day from week 5 ... which I haven't been!!

I was relatively good while on holiday during the day, sticking to some fruit & 2 food packs, but went a bit mad in the evenings, having a drink every evening and some crisps/peanuts. I know they are my triggers, but now that I'm back from hols, it's back onto the straight and narrow. No crisps/nuts or vodka in the house so no chance of straying.

Now I have to get my head around having 2 meals a day and get planning some menus as right now I'm still very much in 1 meal a day mode and really don't know what to be having as a second meal :rolleyes:

Any suggestions very much appreciated :)

Hi Mel
Glad you enjoyed your holiday, and I'm sure you learned some lessons about yourself that will come in useful as you move to maintenance.

Check out Sean and Daisys threads to see what they were having for the second meal. Lots of info there that will help.

xx

Welcome back Mel, glad you had a good break. I'm laughing tonight because I'm going to week 4 tomorrow and thought I was to have 2 meals until I read this thread and realised I've jumped the gun....just as well I read the forum as I've been neglecting my books...:O

Thanks t_i and Morticia - I went for my weigh in last night and I only gained 2lbs during the holiday.

This may sound strange, but there is a bit of me that wishes it had been a bit more, that way it may have been more of a shock, but as it's only 2lbs, I feel there is a chance that complacency may set in. I don't have any crisps/nuts/vodka in the house so I don't have a choice, but my inner child is saying you sort of got away with it, surely a little won't hurt. I guess this is all part of RTM though - learning to recognise the triggers and control them. I do know that right now though that if I had them in the house, I wouldn't be able to resist at some point during the day.

I haven't logged what I ate on holiday, but I am back to logging everything as of yesterday and I find that does help me keep control. If I stick with it, who knows, I may just be able to lose those 2lbs before RTM is out :)

Hey Mel, just popping in to say hi, hope you're week is going well....:)

Hi Morticia,

I'm doing really well thanks and if my home scales are anything to go by, that 2lbs holiday gain is gone along with 1 or 2 more. Weigh in on Wednesday evening so will see what those have to say.

I am up to about 1300 to 1400 calories a day now so if I am still losing weight (as in more than just the 2lbs), it will be good to know the metabolism is catching up. I don't want to go below 9st 7lbs though so will look to increase the calories to about 1500 a day from Thursday.

Mel

hi mel
i know what you mean about feeling like you have got away with something when you STS or only put on a pound when you have been 'naughty'

i have had weigh in tonight after 2 weeks of 'excesses' and STS

on one hand i'm pleased, but on the other it does make me think i can get away with things

looking at the bigger picture tho i have plenty of thin friends who have eaten/drunk the same as me and they haven't put a stone on - so actually, why should i have done?!?

i think we just assume we will,- when hopefully LL has helped us to control some of the excesses and also to behave like 'normal' people do.

i am planning on being careful now til friday when its my birthday and i'm going out for drinks with friends and then on sat for a meal with my husband.
i will then enjoy myself - and cut back a little for the next couple of days

i think that's what normal people do - not think oh well sod it i've been bad and then binge for the next month, as i would have done in the past!

sorry rambling now - i'll go to bed, lol!
daisy x

Thanks Daisy ... good to know I'm not alone in feeling like that :)

Had weigh in last night and have lost 3lbs, so that's the 2lbs from the holiday gone plus another 1lb.

I am battling with the 2 meal concept and know that I am not eating enough. It's just been so convenient having the packs that cooking/preparing a meal seems like such a hastle, particularly in the middle of the day when I'm busy. At least I am eating quite a bit of fruit.

This week I am going to work on getting the calories up to start maintaining, but there is a little bit of me saying 3 more lbs and I will have lost 5 stone and be down to 9 stone 7lbs ... just seems like a tempting proposition.

This week is also the first week where I have had the "negative" comments. I've lost enough, got to stop now, etc... Because of where the comments are coming from, I have put it down to them only ever knowing me fat so not used to the new me. Certainly, any new people I meet seem to appreciate the look now!

All part of the process I guess and something that I need to ponder further and work through.

Hi Mel,

Same problem here. I started week 5 today. I did manage the two meals, prawns with salad and chicken with salad, but have not managed my last pack. It just seems odd after all we have learned to be eating something more when I'm not hungry.

I'm off to food focus now to see how many calories I've had today. BTW how do you know how many calories roughly you should be having in each week?

Back