its working

SW is the diet to be on as far as I'm concerned it's amazing your doing great ;)

It's the only one that's worked for me too. I was one of those people who could eat whatever I wanted and never gain weight and boy did I eat! I was actually a little bit underweight at 8 stone (I'm 5ft7) - not grossly within the realms of under weight-ness, but it really didn't suit me as I had no shape, then literally overnight once I hit 21 I literally piled on the pounds.

It steadily increased despite my best efforts (every diet under the sun including slimming tablets) until I found slimming world. I lost 3 stone without even trying and have maintained it now for nearly 2 years, and I'm so much healthier now because I'm eating 100% better. Love it! :)

Wow! Well done love the maintaining for two years you here so many people say they put it back on. What's your secret? I have lost weight at sw before and put it on again determined not to this time

I LOVEEE Slimming World I started many moons again and have maintained for several years now I've just gone back to group and set myself a new target though want to give myself a bit of a push for summer. I should be in sales for SW as I try to convert everyone to it :blahblah: pleased it's working for you, and it's easy to maintain because it really does become a lifestyle change I couldn't imagine eating any other way now!

i agree its a fab diet! Easily incorporated into everyday life as long as you plan ahead and are organised, but even my friends, bf and parents will happily eat SW meals as they are so tasty so i dont feel like im on a diet when i eat with other peopl! I too extol its virtues to everyone i meet gemma!!lol!
Taken me 8 months to lose 1st 13lb, once ive hit target im hoping to maintain at that but i love the SW receipes so much and understand its basic principles so hopeully it wont be too hard to keep at it!

i agree its a fab diet! Easily incorporated into everyday life as long as you plan ahead and are organised, but even my friends, bf and parents will happily eat SW meals as they are so tasty so i dont feel like im on a diet when i eat with other peopl! I too extol its virtues to everyone i meet gemma!!lol!
Taken me 8 months to lose 1st 13lb, once ive hit target im hoping to maintain at that but i love the SW receipes so much and understand its basic principles so hopeully it wont be too hard to keep at it!

I get so annoyed when people constantly moan they want to lose weight and I tell them time and time again SW is the only way to go and they just switch off once I start raving about it :banghead:

yeah me too! Some guys at work actually tried to tell me i was completely wrong and it was all a load of c**p, when i was turning down cake etc they bought in. I then sat eating a Muller Yogurt instead and they tried to tell me they were full of as much bad stuff as junk food!! I asked how on earth id lost 1st 13lb if it was all such c**p and they couldnt really answer - but still kept banging on about it not working and that i'd put it all back on when i stopped - completely ignoring the fact you dont 'stop' as its a way of life not a quick fix diet! Makes me soooo angry!:mad: !!!
And calm......:D

yeah me too! Some guys at work actually tried to tell me i was completely wrong and it was all a load of c**p, when i was turning down cake etc they bought in. I then sat eating a Muller Yogurt instead and they tried to tell me they were full of as much bad stuff as junk food!! I asked how on earth id lost 1st 13lb if it was all such c**p and they couldnt really answer - but still kept banging on about it not working and that i'd put it all back on when i stopped - completely ignoring the fact you dont 'stop' as its a way of life not a quick fix diet! Makes me soooo angry!:mad: !!!
And calm......:D

same here, people dont understand that it becomes a way of life not a fad that you do every now and then

Same here and it's finally paid off. :) my friend in uni has been trying to lose weight by not eating processed foods but as she doesn't really understand what constitutes processed foods she was living off salads and fruit and would only last 3 or 4 days before binging out and ruining all her hard work.

After I had been back on plan 2 weeks and told her I had lost 7lbs and raved over and over again she joined last night. I was so pleased for her and she has said that she's really excited about starting the plan, she's told me that if the plan works for her then she's going to buy me a bottle of wine - bargain! :)

Back