IV Steroids. And another new beginning.

Sapi Ketawa

I stopped posting here some time ago as I was getting depressed. It is so hard trying to lose weight on steroids. And I am now having IV STEROIDS!!! But the steroids mean that I am mobile enough to go back to work. It's good to be back, but a double edged sword diet wise: I have been too tired to cook at the end of the day - or make packed lunches etc. So I've been eating badly, and I've ended up gaining back nearly all the weight that I lost. :( It is good to see that I am still 13lbs lighter than when I originally joined though - in all my misery over my "failure" over the past year I had overlooked this. :D

So, this past week I have:

(1) joined Diet Chef - mainly so that there is always food in the house and I don't have to try and cook at the end of the day.

(2) quit WW because of joining DC.

(3) joined a gym - with the reluctant agreement of my medical team. There are restrictions, not least my mobility, but it's a start.

(4) booked a small fresh veg box to be delivered in time for weekends, so I can do some cooking - for physio and so that I get some fresh meals.

It's an expensive solution. And it eats up the extra budget generated by going back to work. Today is the 4th day of DC food and whilst I am feeling hungry, it's not too bad, and so far the food is nicer than WW readymeals.

Fingers crossed...

Slightly surprised and discouraged to see 120 views and no sign of encouragement :wave_cry:

But anyway, a timely reminder that the only person who can help me sort this out is me :(

How much are you looking to lose ? I am unable to see your stats as on my phone

The veg box is a great idea . I remain sceptical re diet chef - what are the daily total calories ?

Hi, Sapi, you should not feel discouraged. Often when someone has unusual medical problems like you do people are less likely to comment because they don't want to give you bad advice.

I don't really know any of the details of your medical condition but think diet chef is a good choice if you can afford it.

Good luck:)

The very best of luck to you Sapi. Dietchef sounds like a great idea to me, espeially as you're feeling so exhausted after a long day. Keep us posted as to how you get on.

How much are you looking to lose ? I am unable to see your stats as on my phone

The veg box is a great idea . I remain sceptical re diet chef - what are the daily total calories ?

I have 100lb to lose - so just over 7 stone. I don't know which of those figures is more upsetting! The daily calories on diet chef are 1400 for me. The main attraction is the fact that I don't have to even think about what to eat - plus I don't have an energy draining trip round the supermarket. Ocado etc is not very cost effective when ordering just for one - I spend less on food with DC, even when factoring in the fresh essentials like fruit and veg. So far the food is a big improvement on ready meals - I wonder how long I will feel like this!

Good luck, I also have a good 7 stone ish to lose, but think about it as 1lb at a time, and try not to get too distressed about the large number ahead of me. :)

I've got quite a few medical complications myself, so I can sympathise with you. Sometimes its hard even getting out of bed, and I get that too. Just keep plodding along and the weight will come off :) x

9lb down this week... which is amazing and a big surprise. Remarkably I'm not sick of the food yet, which is good. I think that actually making myself eat breakfast and lunch is a good thing as it reduces how hungry I am in the evenings and I am less tempted to eat junk! :)

Well done on the loss. There is a diet chief part of the site too. Hope you continue doing well with it.

Hi, I have just about the same as you to lose. Well done on the 9lbs in your first week! You must feel very encouraged by that? I've not heard of diet chef but it seems to be working for you! :) x

I understand what it is like to have medical complications which is hard not just with the actual weight loss but does not help on the psychological journey you take when losing. And some weeks are harder than others but it is good to see you have started and done so well so far. 9lbs in one week is amazing. Sounds like your off to a great start.

2.5lb down this week. I'm trying not to be disappointed, but 9lb a week is not sustainable!

Tough going this week. I'm missing lattes and biscuits. I have two meals out this weekend; now a bit anxious about whether they will mean I won't manage to continue to lose... I will have to be careful.

Thank you all for the support :party0019:

Back