Ive been binging on free food is that ok.

ladylite

Gold Member
Well I started yesterday and am, and always have been a big healthy eater.

Today I have been really stuffing my face with free food, I mean really stuffing.

Will I be ok.

In my opinion yes lol. Seriously though they do say to eat until you are full, which is good advice but if you are like me and sometimes just can't stop eating it is better to eat free food than anything else.

Regards xx

Really don't worry about it hun, free food is free food and the whole point is to get away from the fear of having to restrict your portions, if you are hungry just eat, its better to be eating tons of free food than bingeing on rubbish, as long as you stick to the plan you will lose weight, have faith xx

I think it may be my mind going into panick mode, I am hoping when it realises that food is not going to be restricted it will settle down.

I hope so.

I think it may be my mind going into panick mode, I am hoping when it realises that food is not going to be restricted it will settle down.

I hope so.

All I can tell you is that I was trapped in a very vicious circle of massive bingeing for 20 years - I'm talking absolutely uncontrollable 24/7 eating - and this programme has liberated me from that. All the negative emotions I used to associate with eating, the dread, the misery, the anger, the panic, have vanished. It's been over three months now, and I simply cannot imagine eating the way I used to.

Just trust it and stay with it. It works. Maybe do what I did - think of it less in terms of losing weight, more in terms of filling your body with healthy food rather than junk, even if it's still a lot. Eating healthily is the most important thing, everything else - the weight loss, the boost in confidence and self esteem - flows from that.

I hope so.

I think that's really part of what Slimming World is about - reprogramming the mind to realise that you *can* eat plenty of good, solid, fresh, nice food, eat until you're full and still lose weight - making you realise that starving yourself really is not the way to do it.

I know it's taken my mind a little while to settle down to it, but once it realises that the food is always available, there is never a time when there will be nothing you can eat, your mind will start to pull itself together. Trust me. :)

Good luck!

I would recommend super-free foods if you're really just feeling an uncontrollable binge coming on. The kind where you're eating out of boredom or anxiety, rather than hunger. Super-free foods are generally lower in calories so you can eat them and not worry so much. Just my opinion.

Back