Ive booked me an incentive!

Dietingdon

Silver Member
Just booked my and my fiancee a weeks away in Somerset for Jan 2012. Granted it's not a holiday where I will be needing to wear a bikini, but my previous trips to Somerset, I have been too scared to go in the wookey and chedder caves, because I'm so big, and had visions of tiny crevises that I would get stuck in. Also I want to look lovely in my photos. If I was 100% until then (which sounds impossible) I could have lost 7 stones. I WANT to lose about 6 to be happy (my BMI would still be about 30), but NEED to lose about 8 to have a healthy BMI. Has anyone else planned anything to work towards?

cool great incentive have fun hun. i have a holiday in july booked since feb.

oooh good luck hun, wookey hole is amazing, although i'm sure it's changed a bit since i last went there as was donkeys years ago:eek: is a great goal to aim for.

I have a holiday in Marbella to aim for next may but have same weight loss goal as you to have lost 7 stone by new year.

you will get to your goal :D

I'm doing a sailing course in August and have put on the form that I'll need size 16 waterproofs. I'll need to lose a stone between now and then to fit into them comfortably!

Thats exactly what my incentive was for losing my weight this time around. I am heading to lanzarote in 5 weeks :party0023: and the thoughts of myself in a bikini at almost 20 st is a HUGE no no.People might be thinking a whale had washed up on the beach,so here i am now over 5 st lighter and flipping delighted with myself,ok im not exactly a slim jim but im alot healthier and happier than i was 6 months ago :)...so roll on 1st august ...lanzarote here i come :character00180:....woo hooo

I have not yet booked it but I have already decided on a sunny holiday in southern Europe for 2012 spring/summer, probably Crete or Malta or somewhere like this. We never go on holidays, mainly because we don't have money (our food bills used to be huge because of me :sigh: ) and also because I would never feel at ease in the heat with my big black clothes :rolleyes:

I think you did the right thing, booking something to keep you going till the end of your CD journey. Well done and I'm sure you'll be at your target weight by then :)

Im kinda wanting to book a beach holiday for next June time, maybe with the girlies, by then I will have (hopefully) been maintaining for a few months.

Hey
Great incentive, Dietingdon! :)
I'm already planning my holiday for next year but not booking it until I to my 15st mark. I went to Majorca last month and I cried so much when I put on my bikini. This might sound silly but I didn’t realise I put on so much weight. The icing on the cake.. So to speak.. Was when I sat on the plane (Thomson) and was a cm away from needing a seatbelt extension!! I wedged myself in and MADE it fit; I was a bit embarrassed and then panicked the whole time I was away because I was scared I would get bigger!
I think its experiences like this that push us to our goals, so maybe in the long run it’s a kind of good that its happened!
I am not putting myself through that again! Next year I will be able to sit comfortably in the seat and feel happy about my body in a bikini!
Xx

Hey
Great incentive, Dietingdon! :)
I'm already planning my holiday for next year but not booking it until I to my 15st mark. I went to Majorca last month and I cried so much when I put on my bikini. This might sound silly but I didn’t realise I put on so much weight. The icing on the cake.. So to speak.. Was when I sat on the plane (Thomson) and was a cm away from needing a seatbelt extension!! I wedged myself in and MADE it fit; I was a bit embarrassed and then panicked the whole time I was away because I was scared I would get bigger!
I think its experiences like this that push us to our goals, so maybe in the long run it’s a kind of good that its happened!
I am not putting myself through that again! Next year I will be able to sit comfortably in the seat and feel happy about my body in a bikini!
Xx
1st off, good on you for wearing a bikini, Ive always been too scared, even when I have slimmed down previously. Secondly, I 100% sympathise with the plane exstenstion belt situation.I went through the very same thing when I went away in April this year, I made it do up. My fiancee had to push it in to lock while I held it. It was awful. But we will do it.

1st off, good on you for wearing a bikini, Ive always been too scared, even when I have slimmed down previously. Secondly, I 100% sympathise with the plane exstenstion belt situation.I went through the very same thing when I went away in April this year, I made it do up. My fiancee had to push it in to lock while I held it. It was awful. But we will do it.

I went out and bought a tankini from the market and wore a sarong, but by the last few days I didn’t care but I could see my skinny friends looking down their noses at me! & Yes its awful isn’t it! The whole plane ride home I felt like I was spilling into the isle and taking up everyone else’s room, We had to lift the arm rests mid-flight because it was rubbing against my thighs! Things like this just remind me how much I need to lose weight, because until I do, I’m never going on a plane and putting myself through the embarrassment that I did that holiday! x

Back