I've done it before - time to do it again! My weight loss diary

Morning Em!

How's the snow your way? It's awful here. I absolutely begrudge having to come out in it. Hope you are able to stay indoors today where it's safe and warm.

Looking forward to seeing how you do with your WI this morning too. Good luck!! xx

5lbs off :woohoo:

But why am I disappointed that it's not more? :sigh: That sounds so stupid of me because 5lbs is a bloody good loss and one that I should be happy with. But I feel like it should be more. Don't get me wrong, deep down I am happy with it, just need to work and get those other 2lbs (and hopefully more) gone so I can buy myself a dvd next week ;)

I think I'm going to change how I work my syns as well, rather than using them all up so I'm eating them at night, I think I'm going to treat myself to jelly and yoghurt or yoghurt and fruit at night to make me think I'm having a treat. I've ordered some popcorn kernels to try with frylight (think it was something like 5.5 syns for 25g) and then for a treat I was thinking of sprinkling an options sachet over it to give it some extra flavour?

Quick food plan for today

Breakfast - 2 satsumas and lychees
Snack - nutri grain breakfast biscuits (hexb + 6 syns)
Lunch - stuffed pepper (onion, mushroom and garlic) with ham wrapped around dairylea (hexa)
Snack - quavers (4.5 syns)
Dinner - tuna pasta bake (4 syns for philadelphia in it)
Snack - jelly (0.5 syns) and yoghurt

Well done Em that is an amazing loss. I have never lost that much. Pease do not be disappointed and keep to plan and I am sure you lose a lot by next week too.

Like your idea about having your syns during the day and fruit & youg in the evening.

I bought Chocolate popcorn (Orang & dark choc, Raspberry & white choc) from Morissons their own brand and 25gr is 5.5 syns which is fantastic. I suppose the way you are doing gives you more popcorn and then you sprinkle with oprion (excellent idea).

I started what Lily suggested about putting mone away for every lb lost. The way I have done it is every week I will transfer £5 group money and £1 for every lb lost or £2 every lbs gained to a seperate bank account I set up online. That way it can buid up towards a holiday.

Keep warm and be positive. Excellent work and well done again.

Eeek, 5lb off Em!! That's a fantastic loss. I am so so happy for you - you really deserve it after the hard work you've put in this week.

Look at it this way, at least the ball is rolling now. This is just the first loss of many - you know how well you can do with this. Stick with it, I can bet you'll have another cracking loss next week.

Well done honey xx

Wow, that's an incredible loss. Well done you!

Well done Hun you have done really well! Don't be disappointed its a huge loss! Just keep going it will all add up x xx x

:woohoo: well done Em :winner: knew you could do it hunni, 5lb is amazing, like the girls said it will soon add up. You're so in it again, by the time you're wedding comes round you'll have lost humungus amounts and look even more stunning than you do already xxx:hug99:xxx

Last edited:
Morning everyone :wavey:

Yesterday was fab, first starting it off with that loss (I'm well over my little minute of disappointment lol), and I just let it motivate me to carry on and stay on plan for the rest of the day :D

It's started snowing again up here, so I don't know whether to risk getting Chris to come and fetch me for the day as I haven't seen mum since thursday and missing her a bit. Bruce absolutely loves it outside and spends ages chasing snow balls, then he tends to go a bit hyper and starts charging around everywhere, I definitely need to try and get it on video.

I managed to hit 2 litres of water yesterday which I was really chuffed about and plan on doing the same again today. I'm actually really determined to crack on with things as I'm only 8lbs away from moving down to 59.4 bmi and then I'll only have 1lb to go until I hit my 1st stone lost. Breaking things up into small little goals seems to be helping a lot as well, rather than thinking of the overall amount of weight that I need to lose, so I will try and continue like that :)

Ok, so food for today, just out of curiosity, could I call this a red day? I'm still sticking to extra easy as I know I get greedy with hexs when I do a red or green day so not going to sway from calling it extras easy ;) ...

Breakfast - banana, 2 satsumas and breakfast biscuits (hexb + 6 syns)
Lunch - dairylea (hexa) wrapped in ham with tomato, cucumber and a few pickled onions
Dinner - turkey burgers and mushrooms

Morning everyone :wavey:

Yesterday was fab, first starting it off with that loss (I'm well over my little minute of disappointment lol), and I just let it motivate me to carry on and stay on plan for the rest of the day :D

It's started snowing again up here, so I don't know whether to risk getting Chris to come and fetch me for the day as I haven't seen mum since thursday and missing her a bit. Bruce absolutely loves it outside and spends ages chasing snow balls, then he tends to go a bit hyper and starts charging around everywhere, I definitely need to try and get it on video.

I managed to hit 2 litres of water yesterday which I was really chuffed about and plan on doing the same again today. I'm actually really determined to crack on with things as I'm only 8lbs away from moving down to 59.4 bmi and then I'll only have 1lb to go until I hit my 1st stone lost. Breaking things up into small little goals seems to be helping a lot as well, rather than thinking of the overall amount of weight that I need to lose, so I will try and continue like that :)

Ok, so food for today, just out of curiosity, could I call this a red day? I'm still sticking to extra easy as I know I get greedy with hexs when I do a red or green day so not going to sway from calling it extras easy ;) ...

Breakfast - banana, 2 satsumas and breakfast biscuits (hexb + 6 syns)
Lunch - dairylea (hexa) wrapped in ham with tomato, cucumber and a few pickled onions
Dinner - turkey burgers and mushrooms

Yes. Red day there ^^^

Question - what are the breakfast biscuits?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Looks almost perfect to me, Em. Except you do need to have that extra B choice. Maybe class the 4 breakfast biscuits as 2 HExB's, rather than 1 and Syns? :) xx

Yeah I agree with above. :) there is nothing greedy about the Hexs on red and green babe enjoy them :) sometimes on green I have 4 lots of cheese lol

Have a good day x

Looks almost perfect to me, Em. Except you do need to have that extra B choice. Maybe class the 4 breakfast biscuits as 2 HExB's, rather than 1 and Syns? :) xx

Ok, will class them as 2 hexb. Do I need the extra hexa though? I find it really difficult to fit that in now I'm not having cereal. I might get Chris to get me some cup a soups from morrisons and I can have one of them tonight when I go to bed to use some syns up :D

I know what I can do :D Food is going to stay as it is, but I'll add some low fat supernoodles as a snack or add some to dinner tonight :)

If you do that you need to keep the extra syns for your biscuits and have it as an EE day :) sounds yummy :)

Ok, will class them as 2 hexb. Do I need the extra hexa though? I find it really difficult to fit that in now I'm not having cereal. I might get Chris to get me some cup a soups from morrisons and I can have one of them tonight when I go to bed to use some syns up :D

The second A is optional, but calcium is proven to aid weight loss, so it always helps!. If you like hot chocolate then a good way to get your A choice in is to heat up some milk (A) and stir in an options hot chocolate (2). Feels really indulgent, I have this most nights :) xx

Back