I've done it.. re-joined.. but oh dear

Annie68

Silver Member
Well, I've rejoined class after having the entire summer off plan.. well since the end of May really. I'm happy to re-join and it was lovely to be welcomed back so readily. A lot of the members are still there who were then when I was going and they were all so pleased to see me, which was really nice. Everyone kept hugging me LOL.

On the downside, I've put on more than I thought. It is star week (as of this morning grrrr) so that's an automatic 3lb gain (it always is!) but I'm weighing 1 stone 6.5lbs heavier than when I last weighed in. I'm mortified about it. I really didn't think it was that much. But.. it's done. I can't change what the scales said this morning but I can change what they say next week. It's a bit painful to have to re-lose the weight I've already lost but c'est la vie.

Onwards and downwards!

Its not that bad considering you had ALL the summer off Hun!!!
And, you are getting back into it, so dont panic all is not lost! Just think most of it will come off in your first week back as a water loss anyway.
Good luck and well done for coming back!

xxxx

At least you know where you are now Annie and can crack on with it, just as you did before. It's a long journey when you have a lot to lose - think of your time off as a rest stop on the way. We all need those from time to time. :)

Your determination before was amazing and inspirational, and I'm sure it will be again!

You have done the hardest bit now by going back to class - Forget what you have put on - just think about what you can loose and go from there!

Good Luck!

Wow - Annie - I have just realised your stats, you have done astoundingly well - get back on the wagon, it will be so worth it!

Thanks Cailin. I lost 4 stone between October 08 and June 09, but then put a stone and a half back on! God I could kick myself LOL.

I've just changed all my stats to make them current.. that was quite painful... But I'm back on it now and I want the next 4 off, plus the 1 and a half gain.

I think the biggest problem was that 4 stone off is quite a big change physically and everyone convinced me I looked really good. I did.. compared to how I looked weighing 20stone, but in reality I was still very over-weight, but my brain was convinced I was slim.

Take a read of my blog if you like, the link is in my sig.. I explain there how easy I found it to switch off my 'I look fat' eyes and listen to my brain LOL.

awww thanks Princess xx

I think the one thing that's at the front of my mind now is that I'm not as big as I was when I first started, and so any loss will show quicker than it used to. Being so huge when I started meant that I had to lose about 3 stone before anyone noticed. Once that 3 stone was gone, everyone noticed, so any weight losses now will show quicker... if that makes sense.

Hi Annie! :wavey:

The hard part is done and dusted now hun, so you can do it. Chin up and as you say... onwards and downwards xx

Thanks Cailin. I lost 4 stone between October 08 and June 09, but then put a stone and a half back on! God I could kick myself LOL.

I've just changed all my stats to make them current.. that was quite painful... But I'm back on it now and I want the next 4 off, plus the 1 and a half gain.

I think the biggest problem was that 4 stone off is quite a big change physically and everyone convinced me I looked really good. I did.. compared to how I looked weighing 20stone, but in reality I was still very over-weight, but my brain was convinced I was slim.

Take a read of my blog if you like, the link is in my sig.. I explain there how easy I found it to switch off my 'I look fat' eyes and listen to my brain LOL.

Thanks so much for that Annie - I'm going to have a good read of your blog tonight at home and I have no doubt it will inspire me!! I need to know other people have done it and that I can also do it...

Hi hun, you were welcomed back at class with a hug and I welcome you back here with lots of them. Don't dwell on the gain, just get on with getting rid of it. Won't take long if you apply yourself and then you will be making proper progress if you know what I mean. Good to have you back.

Annie this is so true! That has been my real problem at the moment. People keep telling me how good i look at the moment and they keep saying you dont need to lose anymore but in reality i do need to lose more. I think this is why i keep going off track because i just keep thinking well everyone says i look good so i can have some treats! But that is just the point im sabotaging my own sucess!

Thank you so much for that post it has made me realise where im going wrong! I need to get my head back where i need to be and i will be reading your blog later tonight once the little one is in bed!

Ohh i nearly forgot to say well done on rejoining glad you had a lovely welcome and as for the gain, you said your self 3lbs is water from star week so that leaves you 3.5lbs gain from a summer off. Its not that bad really and i bet you will have all that off next weeK

Good luck and thank you for helping realise where im going wrong! xx

ahhhh thanks for that. Not quite the same as the shiny one with a 4 on it LOL... but I'll have that one back soon.. and the nice shiny one that says 5 like the one you have :p hehe

thanks xxxx

Annie this is so true! That has been my real problem at the moment. People keep telling me how good i look at the moment and they keep saying you dont need to lose anymore but in reality i do need to lose more. I think this is why i keep going off track because i just keep thinking well everyone says i look good so i can have some treats! But that is just the point im sabotaging my own sucess!

Thank you so much for that post it has made me realise where im going wrong! I need to get my head back where i need to be and i will be reading your blog later tonight once the little one is in bed!

Ohh i nearly forgot to say well done on rejoining glad you had a lovely welcome and as for the gain, you said your self 3lbs is water from star week so that leaves you 3.5lbs gain from a summer off. Its not that bad really and i bet you will have all that off next weeK

Good luck and thank you for helping realise where im going wrong! xx

I know what you mean. Someone in my class (who I think should be at target as she looks fab and keeps gaining and losing the same weight), when I said last week that I wanted to lose another stone, looked shocked and said that I didn't need to! It was weird because I know I'm still overweight and I'm still a 14/16 and still quite pear shaped so it's bizarre to start hearing other people say you don't need to lose more. It's lovely but I just try and tune it out and continue towards where I will be happy.

So nice when you read something like that isnt it and it puts it all in place!! It is so nice when you get a compliment from somebody and makes you feel really great but i do wish people would stop saying dont lose anymore! I will stop when im ready to and when my bmi is healthy! It went down to 28.8 today so was ever so pleased!!

Keep at it Stacey you are such an inspiration and only you will know when its time to stop! x

I wonder if we all went to class naked they'd realise that there are actually wobbly bits that need to come off LOL, we just hide them well in our clothes.

Although it's lovely to hear the 'you don't need to lose anymore' comments... they've not seen us naked. They might not say the same thing then LOL

one of the biggest problems is that people don't adjust to the new you very easily. They're comfortable with the look you had before.. the nice round smiley face etc, and they find it hard to accept that you look so very different and it puts them out of their comfort zone and they think they no longer know who you are. Let them deal with it LOL. The best way to reply is to say, yes you're probably right, but then you carry on and get to where you want to be without telling them.

I'm guilty of exactly the same thing!!! I've lost 3 stone and everyone is like "wow! that's amazing! you're looking so good!". And that tallies up in my head as Look at me, I'm Elle Mac-blummin'-Pherson! LOL!!!!! Then I saw some pics of myself performing at a recent gig and though I do look a lot better than I did months ago, I'm still a hefty bird! I was shocked back into reality and it was so depressing!!! But it was the slap across the cheeks I needed to get me to realise that I'm not through with this journey yet and that if I just reel it back in a little, soon I really will be that coveted shape that I want so badly... And only I can do that!

Your enthusiam and spirit has helped us stick it all... so I know you can do it. Welcome back sister! (((more hugs))) :)

:8855:
oh Annie your wobbly bits post made me chuckle! But you are so right!!

Here to conquering the rest of our journeys whether people agree or not!!! LOL

Back