I've failed .. and feel like there's no point starting again ...

You have been using food as a way to "medicate" your grief. All of us cope in different ways, the important thing is to cut yourself some slack. Going cold turkey on smoking at the same time as starting SW again would be quite daunting I would think. Abit like flying without a safetynet.
You know SW works, so how about going back to class, and cutting down the smoking gradually. Or your GP may run smoking cessation courses.
This forum is a wonderful place, the help here is not just for losing weight. You will find lots of support,there is always someone who knows what you are going through. You're not alone , you know where we are xxxxx

Hi Mazzie
Sorry to hear of the tough time you have been through. What happened with your friend has happened and no one can change that. The future is ahead and only you can change that. I would definatly go for some councelling as it will really help you and i think just take each day at a time. Sometimes you need to just give yourself that time you need to grieve and deal with all the added emotions that have come with it.
Abby xxxx

Back