I've given up...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Starlit_Cazza, 2 October 2008 Social URL.

1. Starlit_Cazza

Starlit_Cazza Restart 3/9/2013

Start Weight:
    24st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.67%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    ...and put the heating on! I have been resisting so far, however I just went in to my daughters room and it was so cold. Plugged the Grobag Egg in and it was only 15 degrees in there! So decided I really should turn the heating on :rolleyes:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    We have had to have ours on last night and for a short while this morning, I waited as long as i could but its turned soooooooooo cold.xx

4. LizDesigns

LizDesigns Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(10.46%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I'm still holding off, i'm really trying to be good with the pennies.
    This morning up here in Dundee we had frost all over the cars. :eek: So might not be able to hold of much longer.

5. tizzy44

tizzy44 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Yeah, I gave in yesterday and have turned heating on for half hour in morning and an hour at night, Im a mizzer with heating but it really is getting chilly at night:sigh:
    Tiz :D

6. Fizzy

Fizzy Silver Member

I wont give in until about the time I have to start using deicer on the cars. Im so tight with the heating and the hot water. We are on oil not gas and its really expensive.

7. Starlit_Cazza

Starlit_Cazza Restart 3/9/2013

Start Weight:
    24st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.67%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    I am all electric here, so have these stupid night storage things. I have only actually turned on the heater in my daughters room so far - thought it was only fair! Im not too worried myself - after all blankets are cheaper than heating :D

8. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    were going with extra jumpers for the time being as the gas bill previously ( the landlord changed it into my name the day i SHOULD have moved in but workers needed another 3 weeks before i got on..... and had heating on full blast to dry the plaster in that time, last bill was 190 covering that time ) so until madam gets sick ( not cos house is cold, shes lung disease ) it will have to stay off

9. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Last night i put the heating on to warm little fellas bedroom but then I was sat in the living room with pjs, socks dressing gown and a hot waterr bottle.lol

10. Sarah_V

Sarah_V Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Wow you guys are much more disciplined than me, I've had the heating on for ages... I cannot be cold!!!

11. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    evans have these animals toy things that have wheat bags in them. you take the wheatbag out and pop it in the microwave. they cost £6 my wee girl cuddles up to one at night and if i need a hug in the daytime thats what i go for, lol

12. kazza55

kazza55 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Yup me too!! Its been on every night for the past week or so......

13. Fizzy

Fizzy Silver Member

I often take a duvet downstairs in the evening to keep warm.

14. hanloje

hanloje Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Varies!
    I'm resisting still.... being tight, I've got a few new fleecy blankets to put on the sofa and sit under... lovely!

But not sure how much longer we'll be able to do it now though..

15. skinikki

skinikki Silver Member

Diet:
    camebrige
    Our heating is ruled by the academic year! Being a teacher everything is measured by when the next holiday is! We have this unwritten rule the the heating doesnt go on until October half term....thats 3 weeks away yet....think I may have to re write the rules!!!:D

16. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

omg me & himself is always rowing over the heating!!he goes round in a t-shirt yes a t-shirt and moans its cold and turns on the heating (we have gas and its mad expensive) id be quite happy to throw on another jumper and bring a duvet down. Im at home all day and i never turn on the heating. about 5ish the house seems to get cold then i do try and resist but turn it on in the even for about a hr then later on for a hr and its set for a hr in the middle of the night and half hr before we get up. we got a bill for 2months after last xmas for 700euro i nearly fainted when i opened it thats why im trying to watch it. its easy to flick a switch isnt it but when the bill comes it a diff story! i like the open fire but then its really only heating the one room! :(

17. angie-bum

angie-bum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(8.87%)
    Diet:
    Vlcd/lchf
    turned heating on yesterday for a few hours, just put it on, but as going out soon will turn it off and go to sleep with ahotwater bottle instead!

18. angie-bum

angie-bum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(8.87%)
    Diet:
    Vlcd/lchf
    ...and it's really wintery here, high winds and driving rain... good job am going to a pub with a log fire!

19. Snowbaby

Snowbaby Wants to shed pounds more

I envy you, Ange - I'm freezing and wish I could join you for a virtual drink down log pub!!!!

20. saraian24

saraian24 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I ve had mine on the last week, i feel the cold too quick!

21. Surfhunny

Surfhunny Laugh in the face of food

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(17.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambidge Diet
    I put mine on yesterday!!! I refuse to put it on before the 1st Oct regardless of how cold it gets, and it goes off promptly on the 1st Mar, and even then it's only on for an hour a day. I'm such a tight wad when it comes to the heating. The gas comapany actually owe ME money. Not holding my breath tho.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.