I've had enough...

I don't think anyone on here hasn't been supportive. They have just given different perspectives on the same issue.

There really is no problem with losing 1lb a week. It's what we are told to aim for to help ensure we manage to keep it off. I appreciate that we want to be at target as soon as possible, but you really are doing well.

I'm not sure what you wanted to hear, but you clearly don't feel you heard it. This is a supportive place, its not somewhere where you just get told "there, there". That's not support, its collusion.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I believe the OP was referring a specifc post which just said that the way she felt undermined her own achievement, without actually having any advice or support. I agree with the fact that you should expect to get a pat on the back and no home truths, but if you are just going to get offended by the persons feelings, and not share any hints or tips, then really, whats the post in posting?

To the OP - you absolutely need to change your mindset about Weight loss if you want to be sucessful long term & as a previous poster said - at some point you will be at target - target is not a license to go back to the way you were. This is a lifestyle change, & you really need to get your head round that i'm afraid.

:wave_cry:

I've come back from weigh in having lost 1lb and got my 1.5 stone award and I should be really pleased but Im peeved and had enough.

I have been SW'ing for 20 weeks and have lost 21lbs and Im close to just giving up. I'm fed up with my whole life being ruled by syns and HEX's for the sake of 1lb a week.

I find it so hard to sit and listen to people saying "oh I had such a bad week" and the consultant saying "well, you still lost 2lbs!" Or people who dont even follow the plan still losing more than me every week.

I do green days as Im a veggie and am considering doing reds to only have measured amounts of carbs. My consultant gave me the fast forward booklet tonight too so I have that choice too.

I just dont know what to do, I dont want to spend another 20 weeks getting 0.5lbs or maintains and an odd week or 2 getting 1 or 1.5lbs.

I'm not going to repeat what others have said but I'm sure a large part of your frustration is that people that have a bad week still manage a bigger loss when you have stuck to plan. I have to admit that would get to me too. I suppose at the end of the day our bodies are all different & maybe those bad weeks are still a drastic improvement from what they would have been pre SW. I think what I am trying to say is not to let how others have done make you feel like your have under achieved. Weightloss is a very personal thing to all of us & you have done really well with your journey so far so be really proud of that. Good luck with your coming week & hope it gives you the boost you need :)

it is annoying at group when other people lose lots and say they've had this that and the other, I'm one of those who has been going to SW since January and I'm having huge difficulty getting to my 2 stone award, losing approx 1/3 pound a week on average, when I lose its a pound or pound and a half, could count on one hand how often I've been in the 2 pound bag and SOTW is my holy grail, but I started in a size 16/18 amd now in a 12/14 I feel good about myself.

I think what everyone else says about changing your mindset from Sw being a diet to a new way of eating, to stop us all from ending up back where we started.

How about relaxing about it all for a week or so, see how you go, still go to group and do your best rather than being so strict with yourself, as was mentioned above try using the grab and go hex a and b's, one of my faves is 5 scan bran and 5 laughing cow lights, yummy and needs no thinking about.

good luck with whatever you decide to do xx

Back