I've inspired someone to join SW - without saying a word!

I will succeed!!!
A few people at work have commented on my weight loss recently, but today I have had the best compliment of all.

I was up having a meeting for the delivery team I provide support to. I was adding my comments to their scribbles on the white board in their office when the young lass who works in that team said 'OMG Christina you're looking fabber than ever these days - can I borrow your body for my holidays'.

We got chatting and though she knew I was trying to lose weight, she didn't know how. She asked, and I told her SW. She googled SW right there and then and is going to join tomorrow!!!!

:D :D :D

Well done you - and what a boost too, that was a great compliment you got from her. X

How lovely!!!!
Its compliments like this that certainly keep us on the stright and narrow and to have inspired someone to join SW too.....wow!!!!

xxx

Well done! ;) Amazing!

Seeing is believing!

This must be one of the best ways Slimming World has of attracting new members - we're all likely to inspire someone to join, especially once others start to see the difference in us, even when we don't realise it.

I've been walking past my local garage every week on the way to class, and several other times during the week on the way into town and I've had the odd wolf whistle now and again, which has been really nice but the other night I was out in the town with my two grown up daughters and I thought I was being "chatted up" by a guy I vaguely recognised. - Flattering as it was, I am happily married and not interested in anyone else but it turns out that this guy works in the garage and he asked how long I'd be going to Slimming World and how much weight I'd actually lost - I was a bit taken aback, but it turns out that he'd noticed me getting thinner over the weeks/months and had noticed I often carried a Slimming World carrier bag around with me (I get these from my consultant when I've won the fruit basket and the Slimmer of the Week awards) - well this guy had told his wife about me and mentioned Slimming World and she'd joined up and had lost 2 stone so far! - So I (inadvertintently) managed to inspire this lady into joining SW! - The guy says he's happily married too and was complimenting me rather than "chatting me up".

Just see the advertising power us SW members have! ;)

Last edited:
I bet you're grinning from ear to ear- what a fantastic compliment. You should see if SW will pay you commission!

awwww, well done to you both. I have had two people comment to me today on how ive lost weight . Feel like a bird fluffing my chest out LOL proud !!

hey thats fab, if she joins class you go to (if you go to one that is) you can bring her as a friend and you get week free.

WELL DONE! It makes all the difference when you see someone succeeding, the advertisements for slimming world are fine, but there is nothing like seeing it work for real. In improving yourselves you are effecting others as well!! Keep up the good work.

Well done both! Not only have you changed your life, you're changing others! Brill!

Thanks for the kind words all - and well done to others who have inspired people to join SW too! We've all done so well and we are ALL adverts for SW even if people tell us or not.

She won't be going to my class - there isa group closer to her home than mine, but I hope she enjoys it like I do.

I had a little gain at group last night. The last two weeks have been busy and I've not been on plan 100%, so it's deserved - two mad weekends with birthdays and trips away. I decided to have fun but did limit my badness, so 1lb isn't too bad. And I'm not worried - it came off once so it'll come off again :)

And after buzzing yesterday I was still all smiles at group.

God I love SW! x

Back