I've joined on here today

Welcome to Minimins & good luck with SW :)

I had my first weigh in last nigth which was just horrible. I weigh at 12 stone 13 1/2. Its quite a relief to say that and type it as I've never told anyone my weigh before. My bf asked me last night and I told him i could tell him but then i would have to kill him!! Sad but i weigh half a stone less than him. he's 6ft 1" and I'm 5ft 3". ON SW and had a banana and an apple for breakfast and on an original day so a big ham and egg salad for lunch with cherries, grapes and melon for after.

Couscous. x

Sounds good and even though your 12 stone its nothing compared to some of us so dont feel bad, your not enormous and your weiht will come off with ease!

You can do it Couscous. I don't tell ANYONE what I weigh either but it's a lot more than you - believe. x

I'm only telling you all because i am hidden behind my screen at work and I know no one knows me. I'v decided when I've lost a couple of stone I won't mind anyone knowing because I'll be so proud of what I've achieved in losing weight in the first place.

Couscous. x

Go Girl. That time will come sooner than you think. I can't believe I'm 5 weeks in already! x

You can do it too hon. I'm eating well and expecting to lose between 1 and 3 a week. Just off to a good start that's all x

1-3 pounds a week every week sounds delightful. In my first week i am goping to aim for 3 pounds and then walk the dog like mad every week (he's a Westie puppy so loves walking) and hope i get 2 lbs a week. Keep thinking that i should set my sights for 1 lb a week then i won't be disappointed.

Just go for it and don't worry. Everyone metabolises at a different rate. If I am not eating enough calories my metabolism slows down considerably, so I step up every now and then so my body doesn't freak out, think it's being starved and slow down to conserve calories!
It tends to work. My scales tell me my BMR (basic metabolic rate) is at 1,800 calories at the moment

I was much more than that when I started. I can't wait til I see 12 stone on those scales but it's a long way off!

You'll get there Taz, probably a long time before me! x

Starlight, you are an inspiration. You have already lost more than I have to but I still have loads to get rid of. I hope I can stay the course like you have. Well done x

We can all stay the course because we have each other and we can support each other. Whose ready for a big group hug?

Group Hug coming up.... Everyone ready.......?
:grouphugg:​

aww we can all do it no problem - we just got to stick together and get this weight off, life will be so much better without it!
Im 17 stone - just! and like you taz long too see 12st on the scales!

12st? That's one hell of a way down the scale for me - I might get dizzy falling that far! Yea I would LOVE to see 12st on the scale again (without looking over someone's shoulder). There was a time when 12st horrified me so how on earth did I go so far past that? Having lost my first stone I feel SO much better. How good will it be to lose the rest?

Starlight - Just noticed your mood thingy. Why are you grumpy hon?

Back