I've just been looking back at my dukan weight log...

samjay123

Silver Member
... And wondering why I ever stopped doing dukan, I could have been maintaining my goal now.
I went to slimming world, then weight watchers. Ive lost a bit but I've gained alot back aswell.
I did Dukan in Jan and lost 12.5lb in a month and within that time had a few blips also! I have a holiday in 6.5weeks and I need to get this weight off again.
So I'm back. Probably 3 days of attack and then cruise until holidays.

Welcome back I've come back 2 after much the same story as yours and kicking myself as I'd be at true weight now 2 xx good luck xx

Welcome back x

Welcome back!

Tomorrow will be the end of my third week on Dukan (hopefully the scales will be good to me tomorrow!) and so far I have been delighted with the weight loss, have found it easy to stick to, and the fact that I can't have alcohol is actually a good thing - feeling healthy and sleeping brilliantly. The strictness of this diet makes it somehow easy to follow. Reading the comments above makes me glad I chose to start this and more determined to stick with it. I have dropped a dress size already which is so fantastic!! A great reward for three weeks of not being hungry!

Aw thanks everyone.
Everyone has such great results from thia diet..
And like you said, the strictness is sometimes a good thing!!
Day one today, two days of attack.
I've just been reading back over my book. Has anyone tried the cruise 2/5 rhythm? Mon&Thurs pp and the rest pv. Or just the 1/1?
I've got 13lb to lose and 6.5weeks to get there.

I just started on the diet and just joined the site as well. :)

I'm certainly not new to dieting though! I've also never stuck to a plan ever, lol. I think that if you are not ready to stay on a plan, as you probably weren't, then you won't, you know? SW and WW have worked for heaps of people. I think it's a good thing that you have tried other plans as you know what you've missed out on this second time round and will be more mentally prepared to follow through.

I have also read about the 2/5 rhythm in the book and thought that I would do that if my discipline started wavering and I found it too restrictive to do the 1/1 rhythm.

I think returning to a plan is harder work but more likely to succeed because you have the other experience, good luck there's plenty of support here to help you and the plan does work. xx

samjay123 said:
Has anyone tried the cruise 2/5 rhythm?

This will give you a slower weightloss but if it means you stick to the plan, then it's all good.

I moved to pregnancy Conso the other week (essentially PV every day with one PP a week) and I am still a loser! ;)

P x

I think I may give the 2/5 a go. If my losses slow down I'll swap over to 1/1 to give me a bit of a boost before the holiday. Started today after a much enjoyed last day off yesterday.
I love that im not hungry! Fab.

I too have just started Dukan and have previously been to WW, SW and SCU all of them I lost weight with and then put it back on when i stoped. The thing is, I am of the firm opinion that any and all diets work when followed to the letter. Its only when we start to cheat and have the odd bad day, when disappointment at not loosing sets in that we fail.

I was determined not to do any counting or weighing to loose weight, and have been saying that for nearly two years and managed to maintain my weight (even though in the 17st weight) and then the last couple of months I couldn't stop eating. I put on about 9lb and desperation kicked in. With my Mum having done so well on Dukan and listening to what she's been eating etc., I said I would give it a go. Can only try. So far so good. First day of Cruise and sat feeling stuffed after my pudding.

good luck on your return.

dukanfatty said:
I too have just started Dukan and have previously been to WW, SW and SCU all of them I lost weight with and then put it back on when i stoped. The thing is, I am of the firm opinion that any and all diets work when followed to the letter. Its only when we start to cheat and have the odd bad day, when disappointment at not loosing sets in that we fail.

I was determined not to do any counting or weighing to loose weight, and have been saying that for nearly two years and managed to maintain my weight (even though in the 17st weight) and then the last couple of months I couldn't stop eating. I put on about 9lb and desperation kicked in. With my Mum having done so well on Dukan and listening to what she's been eating etc., I said I would give it a go. Can only try. So far so good. First day of Cruise and sat feeling stuffed after my pudding.

good luck on your return.

You'll definitely do well. Its always hunger or boredom that sets me off track so im gonna ensure I minimize those and should be ok.
Good luck to you too :)

Back