I've lost all of this weight but I still feel fat!

madameruthybaby

Does anyone else feel this way? I am still looking in the mirror and not liking the body that I see in front of me and I am desperate to lose the last 12lbs of weight in the hope that the last bit will make the most difference....

Does anyone else still feel fat and wonder if they are ever going to look slim?

Yep i know how you feel exactly, I've now lost over 5st according to my scales and i worry more about how i look and what others think than when i was at my heaviest

Yep, I'm the same. I'm about half way there and yet all I can see is how far I have to go, rather than how far I have come. I suppose it keeps us going to target?

Wow, I'm exactly the same - I've lost almost 3 stone and I feel fatter now, than when I was at my heaviest. I think this is because I totally buried my head in the sand about my weight. I therefore didn't think about my size, or shape - I wasn't interested in buying clothes and just went about my life in jolly oblivion. Now I look in the mirror (I didn't before!) and think "OMG I can't wear that" etc. I am hoping that once the next 3st are gone I will be loving my new body. After all that is why I'm doing it!
You are so close to target now, so it is a bit scary to think I will probably be as hard on myself when I have just 1 st to go.
Maybe someone who is at target will know what to advise.

D-M xx

I lost 7 stone in total, and I think the last stone made the biggest difference to my outlook. For the last stone I was happy and just continued on to the end as I wanted to reach my target. Occasionally though I do look at my tummy and think that I could do with decreasing another bit ... lol

iv lost 18lbs, but don't feel like i look any different yet!

my clothes are getting too big though and my friends have commented but all i see is a massive tummy and thunder thighs!

i don't think ill be happy with my weight loss until i can actually see a difference myself!

I know this feeling all too well. Although I know i've lost weight, i'm still not happy and keep changing my final target.
It really doesn't help that i've taken some current photos and still look fat in them.
Think i'll have to reassess my target yet again.

Be proud of how far you have came! I know I am. Feel and acknowledge the change in how your clothes fit you.

Have you thought about getting some exercise? i joined a shape up gym, same idea as curves, and i'm loving the effect I'm really toning while losing the weight its great! It really boosts your emotions too so all good. x

I think it may be because the weight comes off so quickly that your mind doesn't have time to adjust!!:) Take a look at a few before pictures and then see the difference! That's what made me feel so much better - I was sooooo taken aback with my "fat" photos, I knew i had a weight problem but the then and now pictures really do show such a difference!!

Attachments

• Photo032.jpg
    Photo032.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 419
  • Barcelona 2007041.jpg
    Barcelona 2007041.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 306
I think it may be because the weight comes off so quickly that your mind doesn't have time to adjust!!:) Take a look at a few before pictures and then see the difference! That's what made me feel so much better - I was sooooo taken aback with my "fat" photos, I knew i had a weight problem but the then and now pictures really do show such a difference!!

I have asked my CBT not to send me my pics until I reach my target, think it will make a big difference in how I behave towards my diet in the future.

I have asked my CBT not to send me my pics until I reach my target, think it will make a big difference in how I behave towards my diet in the future.

That sounds like a great idea!! By the time you have all your weight off - you'll be so used to the image in the mirror that you see every day that you won't really notice the difference!! What a lovely surprise you'll get when you see the pics from before - it'll make you realise how well you've done and feel proud of yourself:) Great motivation!!

I've lost 64lbs which SHOULD make me look thinner, and to others I am a heck of a lot thinner. But when I look in the mirror, I still see the same fat girl I saw before I started dieting. Will my self-perception ever catch up with reality? I'd hate to end up seeing myself with what I call 'an Anorexics eyes', ie when I look at myself I see fat even when there is none. I want to be happy with my body when I'm done. Is this actually going to be possible??

Are we ever happy with our bodies?:confused: When i was big i just wanted to be smaller. Now i am smaller, i hate my flabby belly and wobbly arms:mad:. But then i remind myself that I'm a helluva a lot healthier and confident than i was before and my husband loves and desires me so maybe i'm not that bad after all!!:p

We all have our insecurities which are magnified in our own minds!!
Someone called me tiny a few weeks ago:eek:. I nearly fainted - me?? tiny? Never have i been called that before. Made my day:D

OMG! just realised that I said CBT instead of CDC, can't believe I done that really sorry peeps, lol

Blimey, you look fantastic! Why are you not using that slim pic as your avatar? Is it because you're not at goal yet?

I don't feel the weight is coming off quickly at all. Very sloooowly and graduuuuaally. If I could see results like yours I would be much happier to stick at it.

Reassuring to hear that getting down to your last stone can make a big difference in how you see yourself.

I think when the muffin top shrinks I will finally be convinced that I am getting there -- unfortunately I'm told that is the last place for it to go from. Hohum, onwards and downwards.

Blimey, you look fantastic! Why are you not using that slim pic as your avatar? Is it because you're not at goal yet?

I don't feel the weight is coming off quickly at all. Very sloooowly and graduuuuaally. If I could see results like yours I would be much happier to stick at it.

Reassuring to hear that getting down to your last stone can make a big difference in how you see yourself.

I think when the muffin top shrinks I will finally be convinced that I am getting there -- unfortunately I'm told that is the last place for it to go from. Hohum, onwards and downwards.

Awwh, shucks Frances!! Thanks for that!! At times i still can't believe that i'm nearly there! Are you SS or SS+? I did SS+ the whole way and it really worked for me:).
I like the before pic on my avatar as it reminds me of what dangers are lurking!!:p I lost 3 stone with WW before and piled it all on again:mad: I ain't going there again!!
Stick with this great diet and you'll just reap the benefits!!

You do what works for ya I suppose. No question of sticking to this diet. I am doing something between 810 and SS+ (basically SS+ sized meals but 810 as I also have the skimmed milk!) so it is even better to hear that you got to look like your lovely recent pic on SS+.
Well done you!

I think a lot of is psychological.We all have been fat for so long and even when we are at our normal weight, we still feel that this can't be right and therefore never satisfied.im not sure if im making sense.

Back