I've lost my son!!

Yes they have no idea why he was so small. Your little one was tiny!! How scarey that must have been for you... glad to see she's a little cracker now tho!

eh she liked to keep me on my toes from the day i had her, you get used to the size after a while, by the time she reached 3lb i was swinging her in and out the incubator with one arm, lol
the nurses thought i was a little odd anyway as i used to tinker with the settings on her machines, she was in there a year before coming home on the machines, had to get used to it eventually

Hi Claire,
Alex was 5lbs at 35 weeks but he was 52cms long so im sure half his weight was taken up in his length!! He will be 6 a week before Christmas and weighs 35lbs. My first was stillborn at 26 weeks and weighed 1lb 6oz so I am able to picture how little your daughter was when she was born!! x

so sorry your firstborn couldnt stay hun (((hugs)))

is your son on suplimentary feeds for his weight?

my wee girls fed by tube still but we also use calogen and polycal to try and up her weight to a level her consultants find acceptable

rather ironic that we have to pump my wee girl full of cals to try and get weight on her when ive got oodles of extra weight going spare, lol

Thanks Claire. No he isn't taking any supplement feeds, although he is a lightweight he has a small frame and doesn't look scrawny/underweight etc. He has been seen my doctors who are happy with him. There are a couple of boys in his class smaller than him! x

Back