I've made a brave decision!

Souffle

I've decided to join a Slimming World group. I used to go years ago but I was suffering with depression and found a room full of people a bit scary so stopped going after a few weeks. I feel like the added support will only benefit me and I'm quite competitive so winning the Slimmer of the Week and getting certificates and stickers for my book only drives me to lose more weight.

I am going to contact my local consultant tomorrow and start attending next week.

Does anyone know how it works with shift workers? I would only want to attend one group so is it ok to miss class if I have to work?

Ahh cool. Thank you :)

I think you have to put on your form when you join that your a shift worker and then as long as you let the consultant know in advance then you can miss the weeks your working :) well done on making the decision to join and good luck

Thank you. I'm really hoping my local group is full of nice people!

it'll be full of people jsut like us :crazy:, well done for making the decision, have a fab time xx

It'll be great, I was so nervous about joining the group all by myself but everybody is in the same boat, we all want to get healthier & have mighty blow dries like our queen Margaret Miles-Bramwell. You can do it!

Enjoy it - an hour or so to spend time on yourself with no interference. All there for the same reason Ax

I'm hoping to attend my first group on Wednesday evening. I'm nervous but happy I'm making this step. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm just hoping the scales there aren't too different from the ones I have at home. Don't fancy standing on and shooting up 7lbs more than I thought I was!

Back