I've made my decision :)

Lozzy Gozzy

Silver Member
At the moment I'm swinging from one extreme to the other, from binging to low calorie days, so I've decided, I desperately want a healthy relationship with food again...

I'm going to try for a whole week to let myself have whatever I want (still not crisps and chocolate, but I never crave these anyways :p) and see if I can eat like a "normal" person, I won't track the calories, just try and make healthy choices and cut down my portion sizes :)

First goal? To get through tomorrow, eating like a "normal" person :)

It could all go wrong by the end of the week and end in a binge again, but I want to take the chance to try and see food as a friend again and not an enemy!

So I guess this is bye bye to calorie counting for a week and hello to healthy eating?

Good luck me! :p

Good luck!! And remember that someone's always here to chat/ listen if you need it!

hey hun, hope your alright, don't blame you wanting time out! hope it goes well for you! :) good luck sure you will do brilliantly xx

Good luck!! And remember that someone's always here to chat/ listen if you need it!

Aww thankyou for the luck, everyone's so helpful and supportive :)

How's everything going for you??

Just make sure it's balanced and you won't go far wrong :)

3 Meals a day
Snack on fruit
Make sure you're getting enough fibre
Drink plenty
Choose filling foods
1/3 Carb, 1/3 Protein, 1/3 Veg
Allow a treat at somepoint e.g. a skinny cow icelolly ;)
and RELAX

:D

Thankyouuuuu for the advice allie!! :) I'm feeling happier towards food already and it's only been 1 day! :p

How's minimins treating you?? Are you not doing WW anymore??

Hope everything's going brilliantly!! :)

hey hun, hope your alright, don't blame you wanting time out! hope it goes well for you! :) good luck sure you will do brilliantly xx

Ahh thankyou Smirky! :) I've just put on so much weight recently, and you can tell, so I'm taking the time out to try and maintain for a while before I ruin everything, then when I'm in a good place with food again I'll go back to trying to lose weight! :)

How's CC treating you?? Better than WW upto now?? I'm going to go have a nosey at your diary!! :p

Let me know how you're getting on! :)

xx

I'm not keeping a diary whilst I eat healthily, but just wanted to pop down what I ate today and just say that I feel miiiiiiiiiiiiiles better! I'm going to admit, I can feel something niggling away at me to binge, but right now I feel like I can control that nagging and that's EXACTLY what I was wanting to achieve! :)

I just feel like a "normal" person today! :) Eating what I wanted, when I wanted and it was all healthy! I had my baby brother round for tea (well, he's 6, but he's still my baby :p) and we had exactly the same thing and it was nice being able to eat the same thing together if you get me? :p

So here's what I had today...

Breakfast -

* Porridge made with apple and blackcurrant cordial
* Apple
* Cup of tea

Lunch -

* Bowl of fruit and fibre cereal
* Shape toffee yoghurt thingy

Tea -

* Scooby doo tinned wholeweat spaghetti in tomato sauce on two slices of wholemeal toast spread with light soft cheese
* Two fingers of flapjack with raisins and custard

Supper -

* Slice of wholemeal toast with light soft cheese
* Bowl of fruit and fibre
* Apple

Obviously a little indulgent at tea time, but it's still less than what a "normal" woman would intake...

And actually... I've just noticed that I've not snacked today after writing that! I guess making the right food choices and not depriving yourself works! :)

Big smiles all around!! :D

Last edited:
You should be so proud of yourself Lozzy, you are not giving up and you are not letting your sub-conscious sabotage your efforts! I wish I could wave a magic wand and make your brain stop messing around, I hate how our heads can get the better of us even though what we are doing is so much better for our health!!!

Keep up the good work. I love the scooby doo spaghetti, you should keep a food diary if you're going to be eating fun food like that, it would make us all smile!

xxx

You should be so proud of yourself Lozzy, you are not giving up and you are not letting your sub-conscious sabotage your efforts! I wish I could wave a magic wand and make your brain stop messing around, I hate how our heads can get the better of us even though what we are doing is so much better for our health!!!

Keep up the good work. I love the scooby doo spaghetti, you should keep a food diary if you're going to be eating fun food like that, it would make us all smile!

xxx

Awwww Lindsey thankyou, you make me blush :eek: I'll never EVER give up, no matter how badly I eat from time to time :) If you ever do find that magic wand let me know yeah? :p

Haha have you tried the scooby doo spaghetti?? It's sooooo yummy and like 130 cals a can! (not that I'm counting anymore or anything ;))

I'm a little bit tempted to keep a food diary, but not obsessively!

Anyways lady, how's things going for you?? You've lost so much... bet you're extremely happy with yourself! :) Let me know how you're getting on!! :p

xx

I've had a veeeeeeeery yummy healthy food-filled day! :D

Breakfast

*Porridge made with summer fruits squash
*Pear

Snack

*Apple muller rice
*Apple

Lunch

*Light soft cheese on 2 slices of wholemeal bread
*Toffee shape delight yoghurt
*Pear

Tea

*Sainsburys basics cottage pie
*Mountain of broccoli & gravy
*Solero

Supper

*Large bowl of fruit & fibre (need to sort out the portion control on my cereal, I love it sooooo much! :p but one bowl's better than my normal 5! :D)
*Apple

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! :D

Just wanted to say I feel sooooo much better and would very much recommend "healthy eating" for a while to anyone that's struggling!

I've just looked back at my other diaries on here and my food choices were so so bad!! Even though the things I've eaten were low in calories there was just no nutritional value in them whatsoever! And I'm slowly getting into the frame of mind that I can have what ever I want so long as it's a well thought through decision and the desire to binge is (VERY) slowly but surely subsiding :)

Now I'm getting enough protein, fibre, complex carbs, vitamins etc etc... but before I just wasn't!

I used to fill up on party rings, meringues, pink 'n' whites, sugar free jelly, low cal ice cream etc etc... there's no nutritional value in these whatsoever!!

And although I'm eating more calories now I bet my body's appreciating all the good things I'm putting into it :) Before I would never have had wholemeal bread, fruit & fibre cereal or raisins because they're high in calories, but just think how good they are for us!! :)

Has anyone else found that since CC they've ignored all other nutritional values of food and just spent their calories on the lowest calorific things possible?? (don't get me wrong, CC served me VERY well and I will be going back to it once in a better frame of mind, but I can see the light now :p)

Okayyyy, here's what I've had today up to now :p

Breakfast

* Porridge
* Pear

Lunch

* Light soft cheese sandwhich in wholemeal bread
* Shape toffee delight yoghurt
* Half a can of peach slices
* Pear

Snack

* Apple
* Half a multiseed ryvita dipped in garlic sauce

Tea

* Half a swede mashed with light soft cheese, with a tin of tuna in tomato and herb sauce
* Solero ice lolly
* Few mouthfuls of ice cream

I'm planning on having some sugar free marshmallows and some fruit & fibre cereal for supper :)

I had these... and a couple of mouthfuls of custard :)

Last edited:
hey lozzy!
on what you said about calorie counting and nutritional value - i find myself doing this all the time! as long as it is low calorie and gets me through the day without a binge i'll eat it regardless of whether it's actually doing me any good! :(
which i know is really bad but i've got to find a way to gradually find things that are GOOD for me, stop me from bingeing AND are low calorie haha! my favorite one so far is grapes and they do serve me well :p but apart from that.. i need to work on this!!xx

You're doing fab hun! I'm really bad with snacking on cereal and my portion control with it, so I've resorted to weighing it. I was actually surprised the first couple times, I was eating WAAAAY too much of it!! Maybe give it a try if you're having a bowl every night.

I try to eat mostly fruits and veg anyway, but I do fall into mostly just looking at calories anyway...

Hey lozzy :) your doing soooo well, go you! nice filling healthy foods :) I love reading what other people eat. I am really struggling ATM not with my motivation - thats still high - Im just not loosing :mad: I am eating healthy foods & exercising but just keep STS :( boooooo!! something has to change, getting fed up!
anyway good luck and I will be reading your journal and may pinch a few meal ideas from you :p
Paula xx

hey lozzy!
on what you said about calorie counting and nutritional value - i find myself doing this all the time! as long as it is low calorie and gets me through the day without a binge i'll eat it regardless of whether it's actually doing me any good! :(
which i know is really bad but i've got to find a way to gradually find things that are GOOD for me, stop me from bingeing AND are low calorie haha! my favorite one so far is grapes and they do serve me well :p but apart from that.. i need to work on this!!xx

Hi lovely! :)

Just been noseying at your diary! :p how are things going??

Are you susceptible to binges as well?? How do you cope with them?? I'm reeeeally trying so hard to ease myself off them!

I used to be soooooooooooo addicted to grapes, eating a bunch at a time! :rolleyes: They're addictive aren't they?! :p

Lovely to hear from you! :) xx

You're doing fab hun! I'm really bad with snacking on cereal and my portion control with it, so I've resorted to weighing it. I was actually surprised the first couple times, I was eating WAAAAY too much of it!! Maybe give it a try if you're having a bowl every night.

I try to eat mostly fruits and veg anyway, but I do fall into mostly just looking at calories anyway...

Heyyy aw thanks! :)

Hehe cereal's soooooo addictive and the recommended 30g portions teeeeeny isn't it?! :p I'm thinking that one mahooosive bowl at the moment is better than eating the whole box on my normal binge :p

How's everything going for you?? :) That's great that you're eating lots of fruit and veg! :)

x

Hi lovely! :)

Just been noseying at your diary!
:p how are things going??

Are you susceptible to binges as well?? How do you cope with them?? I'm reeeeally trying so hard to ease myself off them!

I used to be soooooooooooo addicted to grapes, eating a bunch at a time!
:rolleyes: They're addictive aren't they?! :p

Lovely to hear from you!
:) xx

hey! my day is going well so far
:) and hoping not to eat again now so have managed to bank a few calories!

yes i am and it is just so hard not to binge, ahhh! hardest thing of my life i think lol! :(
i've found that keeping myself busy and constantly thinking or planning or on the go helps amazingly.. but of course you can't always be doing that!
also find that if i find something to excite me - like a new low calorie treat or find i can usually brush off an urge to binge because i'm looking forward to something i know i'll be allowed to have. that's why i usually save myself 100calories to have a little evening treat/snack!
if i'm about to go crazy though i try and just grab the healthiest thing possible (carrot sticks are good for this) and just munch quickly and that action usually snaps me out of it and i realize what i'm doing before i get onto the naughty things!!
all in all though it is so hard. like sometimes my mind will just switch and be saying what the hell are you doing? eat what you like. go eat a million donuts. you'll enjoy it. and only when i've broken my diets or whatever i'll realize what an idiot i was to listen to that voice in my head - it NEVER makes me happier afterwards!
don't be hard on yourself - have a treat. one thing. and stop at that! and if your struggling up your calories for a few days and just let yourself get over it and eat lots of fresh food and fruit and veg - it's so much better than a full blown pig out on junk!! i need to take my own advice sometimes haha! ;)

but sounds like you are doing great so i know you'll be fine and don't really need that advice! :D xxx

Hey lozzy :) your doing soooo well, go you! nice filling healthy foods :) I love reading what other people eat. I am really struggling ATM not with my motivation - thats still high - Im just not loosing :mad: I am eating healthy foods & exercising but just keep STS :( boooooo!! something has to change, getting fed up!
anyway good luck and I will be reading your journal and may pinch a few meal ideas from you :p
Paula xx

Hi Paula :)

It's really lovely to hear from you, I read your diary everyday and you are doing AMAZINGLY well! I wish I had your motivation and will power, I used to, I lost it a little :p

And I've got to say I have been feeling really sorry for you with the amount of effort you've been putting in and not seeing the results you've wanted, I've been meaning to write to you because I was in EXACTLY the same place at the beginning of the summer...

I ate knack all, like 1000 cals a day and exercised non-stop all day every day and not a single lb budged for weeks/months! And over and over again I read that I should up my calories loads for a little while to kick start things again, but I was just too scared about putting on the weight whilst I did up my calories...

Needless to say after going through not losing anything for so long I gave in and ate what the heck I liked for a week...

Yeah I put on weight, but the week after when I went back to CC I lost it and more, and even better I lost the next week as well...

Have you thought of trying that?? I know it's a scary thought when you're so used to CC for so long, but it really works :) Hope you don't think I've been too nosey :p I just don't want you to end up in the position I'm in now, where I just went obsessive then fell off the wagon and started binging (I've never binged in my life!) and it's harder to get off binging than it is to stick to low calories...

Anyways, just to let you know I'm here for support and I LOVE reading your diary! You're an amazing person!! Keep up the good work!! :)

xx

Righty, today I've had lots of calories, but I've made wise food choices, so bit of a win lose situation :)

Breakfast

*Porridge
*Apple

Lunch

*Light soft cheese sandwich on wholemeal bread
*Shape toffee delight yoghurt
*Pear
*Peach slices
*Apple

Snack

*Slither of bread dipped in garlic sauce

Tea

*Mushroom egg white omlette and chunky homemade vegetable soup
*Weetabix with skimmed milk and raisins

Supper

*Bag of sugar free marshmallows (the damage is limited, there's only like 150 cals in the whole bag and it's fat free! :p could have been worse...)
*Large bowl of fruit & fibre with skimmed milk
* Shape delight toffee yoghurt
* Few mouthfuls of ice cream

Been eating sugar free werthers throughout the day as well...

I might start a diary on the healthy eating forum :)

Task for tomorrow? Drink more! Because I've been working non-stop I've not been able to drink as much as I used to and I don't like it, I'm used to drinking gallons a day! lol Will find a way of fitting it in tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Back