Ive re-started vlcd again!

sun

Gold Member
Done it once successfully last year, have tried a couple of times and caved within 3 days, so here we go again, Ive just got to get passed 5 days and I think the hunger will disappear like the first time.

sue x

Isn't your BMI too low for a VLCD?
I'm getting a bit fed up with small/no losses calorie counting, and have still got some CD in my cupboard-tempting! But I thought under BMI 25 it was a bad idea?

Good luck with your restart x

hi munkypoo

most of my life Ive been 8 1/2 stone, I have quite a small frame, then along came 4 kids and although I was able to maintain around 9 ish, I went into premature menopause at 39 and then developed insulin restistance type II diabetes and when I gain weight it goes immediately around my middle, although Ive only put on a stone (ish) thats where it goes, not all over, if it did I would be happy!

I have to learn that I cannot eat carbs or very little anway.

Sue x

So have you found that SS still works ok at your current BMI?

I've got 7 days worth of CD left and am quite tempted to use it as I'm on a plateau with my calorie counting, and it's the only safe way to reduce my cals any further....

Yes, I have no problem munky, but I cant tell you what to do, I know my body and 9st is where I want to be again, I know I can never get to 8 and half again, its too low for me now, even 8 12, I will be happy at between 9 and 9.4 if it all goes from around my middle.

sue x

I know 9st is where I want to be too! I was less than that when I was younger, but feel 9st is where I'm happy. I've just posted the same question in the CD forum to see what folks think, I know my boyf will be unimpressed, he thinks it makes me moody..... :eek: surely not :rolleyes:

trouble is, its so hard 2nd time round, the hunger is unbelievable, I found it so easy first time round and lost 3st in 8 weeks.

sue x

I think I could cope with that if I knew it would kick me back into weightloss. I've been on 1100 cals a day for a month, and only lost 4/5lbs, according to WLR should have lost 9/10lbs. I'm starting to lose faith a bit and need a push in the right direction. I'm starting to cheat and could see myself creeping back up to 11st again!!!

ok, Ive decided to ss all the time I'm not hungry, but if I get hungry in the evening I will do 790 plan, this way I wont get guilt trips, I dont want to decide to do 790 permanently just when I need to, so hopefully weight losses will be good still. Lets see!

sue x

heyho, fallen again!

Hi Sun!

You can do it. All you need is a plan.

Identify when you are most at risk & come up with ways to deal with it.....

I fell off the SS today so this is my plan to make sure I'm all go again tomorrow:

Breakfast is a risky time for me. So I will have EVERYTHING ready tonight. I want to get right back on SS, so I'm going to go to the extreme. I'll measure out the water needed for my breakfast shake & I'll put it in the fridge overnight. I'll choose a favorite shake & pour it in the blender. At breakfast I wont bother thinking about what Im not getting as I know I have to just add the chilled water, blend & drink......

My next danger time is late afternoon...so my plan for that is to make sure I drink plenty of water all day long. My experience is the less of I consume throughout the morning, the more likely I am to stray! I purchased some little (275ml) bottles of water, which I now re-fill & take everywhere. Tonight I'll leave one by the blender, put 1 in the car, 1 in my handbag, another with the dogs' lead....another in my swim bag. I will also plan my day so that I'm dont go to the supermarket at this time! My strategy involves grocery shopping in the morning.

My third problem time is dinner time! So here's my strategy. I've decided what my family are going to eat tomorrow night. It's something that I dont find tempting - stir-fry. I'll be prepared by getting the meat out of the freezer & writing a sspecific shopping list.

Next is after dinner....my plan is: Enlist the help of my husband by asking him not to buy any snacks or treats. And so he's not deprived by my diet, I will stock the cupboard with snacks that he likes but which I dont find tempting - such as dried apricots & licorice.

Having a plan can be for anything - doesnt matter what it is, so long as it's a plan to get you around a problem. When I was trying to start on SS, I restarted 3 times in 3 days. On the 4th day, I asked my husband to lock the pantry before he went to work. It looked weird but he found a bike lock & the problem was solved! I even know a woman who put a piece of duct tape over her mouth while cooking!

I have also run over a mental checklist of things that I will do if I even so much as feel myself wavering tomorrow evening - it includes immediately having a bath, calling my friend or visiting this website & reading the before & after stories!

Good luck to you - you will do it. :)

hi Gem

wow, admire you, you seem to have it sussed.

Am just so damn angry with myself, I've lost count the the times I've re-started, It literally is now or face the consequences, I cannot afford to give myself any more time, It really is today Now.

Work (night duty) is where it always goes horrendously wrong, Ive tried and tried to stop, even taken a bag of salad leaves and small amount of chicken but I always give in to naughty bits left for us!
I'll take a roll of duct tape with me tmorrow night!

wish me luck and good luck to you all as well

sue xxx

back and on track!

thanks hun, you've done blardy fantastically xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you :) I'm nearly there, one way or another!!!

Back