I've started!! And in need of some chubby or not so chubby buddies

Candygirl

Hi all

Started the cambridge diet today and thought I would use this site to talk with fellow dieters in order to give/get support. I am currently 16st 2.5lbs and want to get down to 9st 7lbs. Funnily enough this time 3 years ago, I embarked on the lighterlife diet, weighing in at 16st 10lbs and by Jan 2005, I had reached my target of 9st 7lbs. What happened??? I hear you all cry! Well basically I didn't fully do the management programme, and I soon found that my old habits had returned. It was so easy to lose the weight, I didn't cheat once and was initially quite acared about eating, but that soon wore off!! I didn't gain weight as quickly as I lost it, but it was very steadily creeping back on and you know what it's like - one minute you've got a stone to lose, then after a few months, you've got another stone and so on. Had a beautiful baby girl in April of this year and am now ready to tackle this weight issue once and for all, don't want my child to have any complexes about her weight, plus want her to eat healthily, so it's a good time to nip this in the bud. CD seems alot more practical as it is not complete abstinence, unless of course you're doing sole source which I am doing because I've got a lot of weight to lose, but knowing I can have some food after 4 weeks is reassuring. However, I just hope that the taste of food doesn't open up the floodgates to want to eat everything under the sun. That's why in some ways LL is good for getting the initial bulk weight off, cos you don't have to worry about food at all, but again that was a problem for me, cos I then had to try and make good decisions about food when I hadn't had a mouthful of anything for 6 months. It's bloody hard - I tell ya!! When I was doing the lighterlife diet, it was half the price that it is now, hence my attempt at the CD, as it's much more affordable. I just hope the results are as rapid. We shall see......
So today being my first day, wasn't too bad. My stomach has seriously been rumbling and I've felt hungry and headachy all day, but I know this is how it will be for these first few days. Keeping my target in mind keeps me focussed and I know once I see the results on monday next week, I'll be motivated to keep going.
Wish me luck guys and tell me your stories. Anybody else start today??? Or yesterday - 2 b more precise. Let me know xxxxxxxx

best of luck candygirl. CD packs are nice and if u have a good CDC then it should be a breeze for u if LL was b4. good luck for getting into ketosis quickly xxx

Good luck with CD.

This is my first time with this type of diet and my main worry is how to keep it off when it's gone.

I'm going to have to be so careful when I do maintenance or the same thing will happen to me. My brain tells me that when I get to my target it's all over and I've done it. I need to change that attitude fast and look at it very differently!

I'm sure you'll do well, you've been there and done it, so you know where you went wrong. This time I bet the weight will be lost forever :)

Hi Candygirl, I also did LL before and can't believe how the prices have shot up. I'm on day 3 and using this forum as my lifeline! Good luck. :)

Good luck hun!

Back